The list of eternal shame.

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

JESUS
level2
level2

The list of eternal shame.

Postby JESUS » Sun May 13, 2007 2:24 pm

I know this topic must have been broached a thousand times, but here it is again.

Just been playing a match , and , lo and behold , the server shuts down. maybe the host had an emergency to attend to ? earthquake , a fire perhaps ? or maybe his anal passage was so full of nuklear warheads , he just plain exploded ?

so i suggest a list is made.

when a host pulls the plug, the user name and IP is listed here . So we all know who the biggest babies in the known universe are .

failing that , we wrap them in bacon and deep fry them until only the dentist can identify them to thier mothers. . .

failing that , due to criminal proceedings , incuded in the next patch , should be , a fix where the host disconnects the CPU takes over.

ps. I do already have a list of shameful nuke dodgers , and like your ears and nose , it never stops growing.

thankyou for taking time to read my gripe.
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sun May 13, 2007 2:29 pm

mmmmm

bacon

mmmmmmmmm
-First you wanna kill me. Now you wanna kiss me?? BLOW!
Smiling Buddha
level3
level3

Postby Smiling Buddha » Sun May 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:mmmmm

bacon

mmmmmmmmm

How did I know you'd say that?
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sun May 13, 2007 5:53 pm

because I knew you would wonder how you knew I was going to say that.
-First you wanna kill me. Now you wanna kiss me?? BLOW!
Smiling Buddha
level3
level3

Postby Smiling Buddha » Sun May 13, 2007 6:42 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:because I knew you would wonder how you knew I was going to say that.

:shock:
Deamon
level2
level2

Postby Deamon » Sun May 13, 2007 6:58 pm

my ears and nose ain't big.....
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Sun May 13, 2007 7:41 pm

Oh, aren't they?
Rogviler
level2
level2

Postby Rogviler » Sun May 13, 2007 7:51 pm

I agree. I don't mind that much when it's obvious that they're going to lose and they admit defeat and say they're just going to end it instead of wait for it to play out and they're nice about it.

Obviously that would change if there was some sort of ranking system in place, like Battlefield 2... But on the other hand if that did happen, leaving in the middle of a game would have its own consequences I'm sure.

I think first we need unique usernames that can be password protected. Then we can easily blacklist people. Like right now anyone could go play as RC or Hyperion or Xocrates and be a total jerk... And that's frustrating.

-Rog
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun May 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Gah. The other day I was playing a cosy little 3-player match, nice and quiet, when all of a sudden one of the guys goes "yeah, nice cheating with the spectators" and leaves. JESUS, I think you were actually spectating at the time. What the hell happened? What made him think there was cheating going on? It really pissed me off. The weirdest thing was, he was in the lead, and doing well >_<
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
MrBongo
level1
level1

Postby MrBongo » Sun May 13, 2007 8:17 pm

Well this thread is off to a good start. /sarcasm :roll:

But in defense of some players, I myself have been inexplicably dropped from games at times due to connection issues, and for that reason I choose never to host.
Masaq
level2
level2

Postby Masaq » Sun May 13, 2007 8:22 pm

I believe there was another very similar thread quite recently, that burnt itself out when there were accusations and counter accustations made until the whole thing descended into farce.
JESUS
level2
level2

Postby JESUS » Sun May 13, 2007 8:55 pm

shinygerbil wrote:Gah. The other day I was playing a cosy little 3-player match, nice and quiet, when all of a sudden one of the guys goes "yeah, nice cheating with the spectators" and leaves. JESUS, I think you were actually spectating at the time. What the hell happened? What made him think there was cheating going on? It really pissed me off. The weirdest thing was, he was in the lead, and doing well >_<

i remember this.

"yeah, nice cheating with the spectators" I think it was because he was getting porked from two angles and obvoiusly thought the specs were in on it. which we were not.

sometimes when playing , I don't want to beat the host up to bad in case he shuts down the server.

My grandad used to say . . . "boy , if you can't stand the bacon , stay out of the kitchen."

but seriously. plug pullers ? should they make THE LIST ?
Rogviler
level2
level2

Postby Rogviler » Sun May 13, 2007 9:05 pm

JESUS wrote:but seriously. plug pullers ? should they make THE LIST ?

Yes. And if they want to defend themselves they can come here to do it.

-Rog
Smiling Buddha
level3
level3

Postby Smiling Buddha » Sun May 13, 2007 9:47 pm

JESUS wrote:"boy , if you can't stand the bacon , stay out of the kitchen."

*awaits Radiant C*
KungFuAlex
level2
level2

Re: The list of eternal shame.

Postby KungFuAlex » Sun May 13, 2007 10:10 pm

JESUS wrote:I know this topic must have been broached a thousand times, but here it is again.

Just been playing a match , and , lo and behold , the server shuts down. maybe the host had an emergency to attend to ? earthquake , a fire perhaps ? or maybe his anal passage was so full of nuklear warheads , he just plain exploded ?

so i suggest a list is made.

when a host pulls the plug, the user name and IP is listed here . So we all know who the biggest babies in the known universe are .

failing that , we wrap them in bacon and deep fry them until only the dentist can identify them to thier mothers. . .

failing that , due to criminal proceedings , incuded in the next patch , should be , a fix where the host disconnects the CPU takes over.

ps. I do already have a list of shameful nuke dodgers , and like your ears and nose , it never stops growing.

thankyou for taking time to read my gripe.

Seems like a bad idea. Names can be changed at a whim. Why not promote good play by making a list of that?

Return to “General”