What happens when you play DEFCON...

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
barbarossa2
level1
level1
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:19 pm

What happens when you play DEFCON...

Postby barbarossa2 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:11 am

This is a candid video of a common form of gaming sickness which develops after playing DEFCON for prolonged periods of time.

Albeit presented in its advanced stages here, please take note and contact your familiy doctor immediately shuold symptoms begin...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trident » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:24 am

oh my god!!!!!!!!! im speachless
User avatar
barbarossa2
level1
level1
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:19 pm

Postby barbarossa2 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:19 pm

Actually, having lived in Germany for 5 years now, and having learned a little "street" talk, he does not say "son of a bitch". Literally translated, it is son of a whore. And he does not say "asshole". It is "masturbator." :) A little German 101.
User avatar
Cooper42
level4
level4
Posts: 810
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:16 pm

barbarossa2 wrote:Actually, having lived in Germany for 5 years now, and having learned a little "street" talk, he does not say "son of a bitch". Literally translated, it is son of a whore. And he does not say "asshole". It is "masturbator." :) A little German 101.
'Wanker' (or 'Waaankaaaaaaah', to be more precise) is probably the more correct translation.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
User avatar
CptDarknuggets
level1
level1
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:01 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Postby CptDarknuggets » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:01 pm

AMD 2.4ghz dual core overclocked to 3.0ghz NO LOAD TIMES FOR ME N00BZ
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trident » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:41 am

UT is so old i think my P1 could load it fine. i remember fragging many a German playing the Tactical Ops mod. ahhh... those where the days
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:39 pm

Trident wrote:UT is so old i think my P1 could load it fine. i remember fragging many a German playing the Tactical Ops mod. ahhh... those where the days


The slowest machine I got UT running on was my P1 - 150MHz with 40MB of EDO and a 1MB video card (back when there was a difference!). It ran at about 7 FPS @ 320x240 :)

NeoThermic
User avatar
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Posts: 4667
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)
Contact:

Postby shinygerbil » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:46 pm

If I remember, the original UT engine had some awesome software rendering, and OpenGL was locked by default.

Anyone remember the MatrixMoves and LazyMatrix mods? They were pure genius, back in the day. Soo much fun.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Image
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:04 pm

shinygerbil wrote:If I remember, the original UT engine had some awesome software rendering, and OpenGL was locked by default.

Anyone remember the MatrixMoves and LazyMatrix mods? They were pure genius, back in the day. Soo much fun.


There was just something so satisfying about jumping around the corner into bullet time to nail a few headshots.

NeoThermic
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trident » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:48 am

NeoThermic wrote:The slowest machine I got UT running on was my P1 - 150MHz with 40MB of EDO and a 1MB video card (back when there was a difference!). It ran at about 7 FPS @ 320x240 :)

NeoThermic


must of been like a slideshow presentation of your Unreal vacation :P
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:24 am

Trident wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:The slowest machine I got UT running on was my P1 - 150MHz with 40MB of EDO and a 1MB video card (back when there was a difference!). It ran at about 7 FPS @ 320x240 :)

NeoThermic


must of been like a slideshow presentation of your Unreal vacation :P


Well, the LCD display didn't update quick enough to make 7fps feel slow (ghosting ftw!).

NeoThermic
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trident » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:03 am

how would bullet time work for multiplayer??

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests