Beta Testers!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Luigi300
level5
level5

Postby Luigi300 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:41 pm

Of course not. What do you think we are, useful?
Luigi for mod in 2006!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:04 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:This might sound like a stupid idea, but is anyone going to ask IV on behalf of this community when the beta testing will start?

IV will tell us when beta testing begins. The heavens will part, and the booming voice of Chris shall echo across the land. Until then, we must wait, and sacrifice burnt offerings to the gods^W^W Chris.

xander
Gravitron
level3
level3

Postby Gravitron » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:26 pm

I can come up with several nations we could burn up for offering.
iGAME...on the PC
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:46 pm

Gravitron wrote:I can come up with several nations we could burn up for offering.
Wait until after the game's released.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
MonkeyforaHead
level1
level1

Postby MonkeyforaHead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:27 am

H'lo all. First I actually ever heard of Introversion was around the release of Darwinia -- it looked quite cool, so I tried the first demo when it came out, only to have it crash on me every couple of minutes. Just tried the demo released in September, and it works properly. I'm already in love with it... only, I have no way of getting it, since it's nowhere in retail, and I have no way of purchasing online. :?

But anyway. I love what little I've seen and heard of Defcon so far, and figured the possibility of a public (closed, whatever) beta was enough to merit signing up here. I suppose that like so many people I could just wait for the demo, but a chance to help out with the game before release is just too tempting.

Meantime, have you heard the one where a pope, a parachutist, and a pirate walk into a bar?
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:29 pm

If you buy direct from Iv, they ship to your door for no extra cost. And if you dont want a CD, under Windows you can buy through Steam. Linux gives you a direct download (I think) when it buy it from Iv at no extra cost from the CD (which you get as well). Mac, you can go through Ambrosia.

There are lots of ways to buy online if you dont have any shops near you!

Iv's store wrote:
You can now Download Uplink and Darwinia instantly after purchase!

Simply complete checkout and pay as normal. You'll then be directed to login to your account, which you can also do by clicking on the 'My Account' link in the top right.

In the previous orders box click on 'Download copies of the products I have ordered', and you'll be presented a downloads page where you can download immediately a copy of the game you have ordered!

Darwinia sales page of Iv store wrote:Please note the following:
  • You are buying a CD with Linux and Windows that will be sent via the post.
  • Your purchase entitles you to instantly download the LINUX version ONLY.

Link to it all
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:34 pm

MonkeyforaHead wrote:I have no way of getting it, since it's nowhere in retail, and I have no way of purchasing online.

elDiablo wrote:There are lots of ways to buy online if you dont have any shops near you!
Some people don't have bank accounts though.
MonkeyforaHead
level1
level1

Postby MonkeyforaHead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:55 pm

Wait, are you saying they accept debit cards? Because what I'm saying is that I don't have access to a credit card. I just sorta automatically assumed they'd require one, since I've seen about... one thing online that accepts a debit card in place of a credit card. Ever.

Edit: And after some of the PayPal horror stories I've heard, one even from a friend of mine, I've decided against using their service.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life you'll never get back, by reading this. Sucks, don't it?
mousels
level1
level1

Postby mousels » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:58 pm

Well, I should hope they accept Debit Cards, they accepted my card when I ordered uplink about a year ago.

there ya go, match up the logo on your card to the list above.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:03 pm

MonkeyforaHead wrote:I just sorta automatically assumed they'd require one, since I've seen about... one thing online that accepts a debit card in place of a credit card. Ever.
My VISA debit card is accepted everywhere a VISA credit card is accepted. What kind is YOUR debit card that websites won't accept it?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
mousels
level1
level1

Postby mousels » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:04 pm

Ive found that some websites wont accept Visa Electron or Solo. Perhaps he has one of those?
MonkeyforaHead
level1
level1

Postby MonkeyforaHead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:10 pm

Just a debit card from my local bank, I wasn't aware of any other kind. How do they work, you pre-pay the company and then spend the money?

You know, usually I'm in the loop with this sort of thing, but when it comes to online purchases... heh.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life you'll never get back, by reading this. Sucks, don't it?
mousels
level1
level1

Postby mousels » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:15 pm

A debit card works like this:

Code: Select all

You have a debit account with your bank, you put money into this.

You use your card to spend the money in this account, you cannot spend more than is in your account.

You put more money into the account

As for Interent shopping, make sure you go to secure/trusted places. You know its secure cos there will be a padlock on your browser (either at the bottom or the top, depending on what your using).
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:26 pm

MonkeyforaHead wrote:Just a debit card from my local bank, I wasn't aware of any other kind. How do they work, you pre-pay the company and then spend the money?

You know, usually I'm in the loop with this sort of thing, but when it comes to online purchases... heh.
Actually, my debit card came from my local bank as well, only it also has a little VISA logo in the corner. Meaning it can be used anywhere VISA is accepted.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:28 pm

It doesnt look like im even going to be able to beta after all.

My all-powerfull father in his never-ending wisdom decided that I should have a Limted Account on my computah :roll: meaning that I cant install anything, or create any new accounts to get round it or anything >:c

Also, Norton is a bitch. It has blocked the following list of site types:

# Humour
# Drugs/Non-Medical
# Occult/New-Age
# Interactive/Mail
# Interactive/Chat
# Intolerance
# Crime
# News! FFS.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.

Return to “General”