the next BIG war

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

CptDarknuggets
level1
level1

the next BIG war

Postby CptDarknuggets » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:27 pm

Im talking full on defcon one bombers and junk flying everywhere not America pwning another country with no real army. So to the point, who will be fighting who? My guess Russia and America again. The threat never left.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:39 pm

I'm not sure about the vs Russia part, but there is a definite rise in upgrading and scaling in the USA's) nuclear ability. It's more or less being done under the radar.

Keeping up with the news... North Korea, China, Iran, and the whole Pakistan vs India thing aside... take a look at the EU. Quietly preparing and building its own military force with Germany at the center. Ten years from now we might have another superpower of sorts.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Mintos
level1
level1

Postby Mintos » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:32 pm

I think, in the 60s, 70s and 80s, there was a whole different situation than in our days.

Back than, countries were split up by ideologies.
Big Wars have allways been fought on the basis of strong oppsoing ideologies.

Russia and the US don|t realy have that big idiological clash anymore.

The west and the [middle] east do though. :?
Chucko
level3
level3

Postby Chucko » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:42 am

If the U.S. loses in Iraq and pulls out, Iraq will obviously be in a state of anarchy and chaos which will incite Iran (most likely) to step in and either create some sort of puppet government or maybe even assimilate it. Im not saying its gonna happen but its a definite possibility. Lets say this does happen, what do you think Israel will do. If its up to me, I say the next big war is going to be between Israel with or without the U.S. against Iran or Syria etc.
rome87
level2
level2

Postby rome87 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:09 am

Iran is a very likely target where any big war will start because as time goes by day by day Iran edges closer and closer to a nuclear warhead of sorts.The problem being Usa,Isreal etc DO NOT WANT Iran to have one so if diplomacy and talks fail then there will be no option otherthan some kind of miltary action ie invasion of Iran to take place.The biggest problem is tht Iran is certainly no push when it comes to its army sure Usa is supreme in terms of miltary power but Iran is perpared for an invasion so its likely it will not go down without a hellish fight and the cost of many.
SODsniper
level3
level3

Postby SODsniper » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:21 am

Chucko wrote: If the U.S. loses in Iraq and pulls out, Iraq will obviously be in a state of anarchy and chaos which will incite Iran (most likely) to step in and either create some sort of puppet government or maybe even assimilate it. Im not saying its gonna happen but its a definite possibility. Lets say this does happen, what do you think Israel will do. If its up to me, I say the next big war is going to be between Israel with or without the U.S. against Iran or Syria etc.

You ever read EXECUTIVE ORDERS by Tom Clancy..

A very realistic scenario of "What If"....

SODsniper
SODsniper
www.specialopsdivision.com
Building A Better RavenShield Community......One Map At A Time.....
SODsniper
level3
level3

Postby SODsniper » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:22 am

The next big war will be when the Klingons come to earth and try to prevent the Federation from being formed.. :D :lol: :D

SODsniper
SODsniper

BrianBlessed
level4
level4

Postby BrianBlessed » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:09 am

Ahhhh Tom Clancy, an author whose books can be summed up with the phrase "LOOK OUT, COMMIES!"
SODsniper
level3
level3

Postby SODsniper » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:15 am

BrianBlessed wrote:Ahhhh Tom Clancy, an author whose books can be summed up with the phrase "LOOK OUT, COMMIES!"

Actually, it's "LOOK OUT!!!! ARAB TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!"

:D

SODsniper
SODsniper

KungFuAlex
level2
level2

Postby KungFuAlex » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:23 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:I'm not sure about the vs Russia part, but there is a definite rise in upgrading and scaling in the USA's) nuclear ability. It's more or less being done under the radar.

Keeping up with the news... North Korea, China, Iran, and the whole Pakistan vs India thing aside... take a look at the EU. Quietly preparing and building its own military force with Germany at the center. Ten years from now we might have another superpower of sorts.

hahaha :P. I do not think EU is preparing some shit like that too soon, and Germany at the center, many more countrys than Germany in the EU to worry about ;). Kind of glad Norway is not part of EU, yet at least, we will probartly be assimilated soon tho. It might be a real superpower in another 10 to 20 years, but not war like I think, unless someone starts to act histile against EU.

China and India is getting big fast tho, they might do something funky in the not too distant future. I do not think North Korea is any threat to anyone except South Korea, and maby Japan. They got a large army, but can't really take them anywhere other then a bit south.

But one never knows, war is not really productive anymore, you loose more then you could gain, but we will always have madmen to press the button.
gerph
level1
level1

Postby gerph » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:39 am

SODsniper wrote:
BrianBlessed wrote:Ahhhh Tom Clancy, an author whose books can be summed up with the phrase "LOOK OUT, COMMIES!"

And here was me thinking that was just US foreign policy...
snafu
level1
level1

Postby snafu » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:22 am

The most obvious candidate for Next Big War is US vs. China. It's impossible to predict this sort of thing, but a fight over Taiwan seems a likely cause, or perhaps continued US meddling in Asia. Also, as someone else mentioned, the magic ingredient of Ideological Difference is present in this scenario too.

If it happens later in the century, it's also a war China could win. At present growth rates, China will have a larger economy than the US by 2040, but China's rate of growth is itself growing faster than the US's so they might overtake the US economy even earlier.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:27 am

Chucko wrote: If the U.S. loses in Iraq ...

Heh. Good one.
SODsniper
level3
level3

Postby SODsniper » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:56 pm

gerph wrote:
SODsniper wrote:

And here was me thinking that was just US foreign policy...

It is...

What's yer point?? :D

SODsniper
SODsniper

Slinken
level2
level2

Postby Slinken » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:52 pm

KingAl wrote:
Chucko wrote: If the U.S. loses in Iraq ...

Heh. Good one.

That depends on what you mean by win. If you mean crush Iraqs army then the have alredy won, but if you mean a stable and nice contry to live in then USA have a lot to do.

Return to “General”