Non existant customer service

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ankle
level0

Non existant customer service

Postby Ankle » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:58 am

I preordered the 'boxed' copy of DEFCON Sept 15 and after it was released I could not download the game nor did I get any shipping notification for the longest time. I used the contact form on the introversion site and got no reply so I replied directly to the order confirmation and got a responce saying there was a backlog and it should ship out within a week. One month later still no copy, I try contacting them and no reply again. I try the support, sales, paypal and contact form and nothing. To late to file a dispute through paypal at this point since it has a pathetic 45 day limit which makes it useless when dealing with anyone outside of your own country for the most part. Yet another month and nothing so I try again with no replies yet again. At that point I had given up hope I would ever get the game or any responce.

...And then out of no where the package arrived today and yay I'm not screwed out of $20. But wait, there is no cdkey printed in the manual so I head over to the forums and find out it was supposed to have been emailed to me. So I check the one and only order confirmation I had and it contains no key or anything at all other than my order date and shipping info. So I go to my account and login on the store and it lists no products or previous orders. Joy.

I'm hoping someone from Introversion sees this and actually responds this time around since email and their contact page seems useless.
MadSeven
level2
level2

Postby MadSeven » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:11 am

You should be able to login to store.introversion.co.uk with the emailaddie and pass you selected (under "my account"). Your defcon key should be displayed there...

Good luck

MadSeven
Defconmatch.com
165 members and counting...
Ankle
level0

Postby Ankle » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:40 am

MadSeven wrote:You should be able to login to store.introversion.co.uk with the emailaddie and pass you selected (under "my account"). Your defcon key should be displayed there...

Good luck

MadSeven
Defconmatch.com

As I stated in the orginal post there is nothing in my account under my games or previous orders at the introversion store when I login.
dreamwraith
level0

Postby dreamwraith » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:41 am

MadSeven wrote:You should be able to login to store.introversion.co.uk with the emailaddie and pass you selected (under "my account"). Your defcon key should be displayed there...

Good luck

MadSeven
Defconmatch.com

maybe next time you should read his ENTIRE FUCKING POST you idiot. He kind of SAID that he already CHECKED that.
UsF
level1
level1

Postby UsF » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am

dreamwraith wrote:

Good luck

MadSeven
Defconmatch.com

maybe next time you should read his ENTIRE FUCKING POST you idiot. He kind of SAID that he already CHECKED that.

Wow you just registered to flame? Time to go back where you came from, right?
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:09 am

Sorry you're having trouble Ankle. I've no idea what's gone wrong in this case, but i'm sure we can sort it out for you. If you could email your receipt to me i'll check your order and email you a new authentication key in return.

My email is chris AT introversion DOT co DOT uk.
MadSeven
level2
level2

Postby MadSeven » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:17 am

dreamwraith wrote:

Good luck

MadSeven
Defconmatch.com

If this is all you have to contribute; Shut your ugly big mouth kid
Slinken
level2
level2

Postby Slinken » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:46 am

dreamwraith wrote:

Good luck

MadSeven
Defconmatch.com

And maby you should clam down next time. If MadSeven made a miistake then you could say that to him. And by the way why was you insulted when it this topic isnt about you at all. And another thing this wasnt a great first post if you what to be respected here
MadSeven
level2
level2

Postby MadSeven » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:15 pm

Thank you Slinken :-) I read over the last few lines is all, to be called what I was called by someone with zero contribution to the community is a bit...overdone...
Oh well, only shows that maturity has nothing to do with the year you were born.

Btw Chris; how did the meeting of the 9th go? *hint*

MadSeven
Defconmatch.com
Ankle
level0

Postby Ankle » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:12 pm

Chris wrote:Sorry you're having trouble Ankle. I've no idea what's gone wrong in this case, but i'm sure we can sort it out for you. If you could email your receipt to me i'll check your order and email you a new authentication key in return.

My email is chris AT introversion DOT co DOT uk.

Thanks for sorting it out so quickly, now I can enjoy a little game of thermonuclear war. :)
dreamwraith
level0

Postby dreamwraith » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:49 pm

rofl. gotta love it when the fish take the flaming bait :).
Slinken
level2
level2

Postby Slinken » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:56 pm

dreamwraith wrote:rofl. gotta love it when the fish take the flaming bait :).

And if you can explain that (And maby your first post too) atleast I would be happy.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:57 pm

Gotta love it when trolls get beaten around the head with a crowbar
dreamwraith
level0

Postby dreamwraith » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:35 pm

Darksun wrote:

Gotta love it when trolls get beaten around the head with a crowbar

beaten around the head? no such thing happened. My head is quite fine. Although I smell fish guts everywhere.
TheHappyFriar
level2
level2

Postby TheHappyFriar » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:56 am

Ankle wrote:Thanks for sorting it out so quickly, now I can enjoy a little game of thermonuclear war. :)

strange you didn't get a reply. but at least now it's going to be taken care of!

dreamwraith wrote:Although I smell fish guts everywhere.

so you gut fish & leave them sitting around your computer? Yuk. i thought i was bad for leaving a cup of water out for a day.

Return to “General”