This is ridiculous

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

parrot of doom
level2
level2

Postby parrot of doom » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:59 pm

2 more shutdowns today.

This is endemic. I don't think I'll be playing much longer tbh.
Akatosh
level2
level2

Postby Akatosh » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:53 pm

Come on, there always are 'no host disconnect' servers!
This is not a signature.
KudrigY
level2
level2

Postby KudrigY » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:57 pm

Dedicated servers are a must - hosts tend to kill games more often now - same second they realise they will loose.

I agree, there are reliable servers, but it is no fun playing agains same ppl (with good hosts or with friends) all the time...
Slinken
level2
level2

Postby Slinken » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:38 pm

Thought I found a really nice game today but the host (europe) was owned by SA and disconnected the server without saying anything. Shame on you ATCorp and good game unsuspicious I really think you would have owned us all if just the damn host had disconnected
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:05 pm

I've very rarely had anyone shutdown. I guess I am just lucky. :P
ARRG
level1
level1

Postby ARRG » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:00 pm

I had a stupid host today. We were playing cold war (USSR(host)+Asia vs. Europe+USA(me)). My teammate launched lots of bombers from his airports, located in Spain, to Moscow. So the bombers launched nukes near Poland.

Then the host started to bitch about how this was not realistic and that my teammate was playing with no honor xD

Then he left. Idiot.
Am I the only one who thinks more of the Eiffel Tower, the Kremlin or the Coliseum than of people when nuking cities ?

(PS: excuse my possibly-bad english ^^')
Slinken
level2
level2

Postby Slinken » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:01 pm

DueAccident wrote:I've very rarely had anyone shutdown. I guess I am just lucky. :P

lucky bastard
KudrigY
level2
level2

Postby KudrigY » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:25 pm

Not lucky - you dont kick hosts asses too much:)
Benno
level1
level1

Postby Benno » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:15 am

Gen. Ripper wrote:"cough cough" yes i remember that...I have a screen shot of why I should never play pissed/Stoned etc :P
but still, my point remains, even though i was out of my head, i didnt leave (survivor mode, and I had .3 left :P )

Lol, I've played a few rounds of DEFCON in that state too. It usually leads to everyone complaining that I'm too slow....

Maybe we could start a server for those people that are ... ahem ... returning from a big night out or otherwise not feeling well.

Sure is fun though 8)
SODsniper
level3
level3

Postby SODsniper » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:38 am

Lack of a good SADS will kill Defcon...

When 5 players are, for all intents and purposes, hostages to one person, how can there be fair play?

5 players basically have to count on the integrity of the one person who is the host..

It is becoming more and more apparent that such a system is not working.

SODsniper
SODsniper
www.specialopsdivision.com
Building A Better RavenShield Community......One Map At A Time.....
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:39 am

SODsniper wrote:Lack of a good SADS will kill Defcon...

When 5 players are, for all intents and purposes, hostages to one person, how can there be fair play?

5 players basically have to count on the integrity of the one person who is the host..

It is becoming more and more apparent that such a system is not working.

SODsniper

Ya the good thing is this never happens when i host. Normaly its me geting hit by 4 people sometimes i wonder if they want me to crash the sever.
Siberian Hamster
level1
level1

Postby Siberian Hamster » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:35 am

parrot of doom wrote:2 more shutdowns today.

This is endemic. I don't think I'll be playing much longer tbh.

Come on, Parrot. Don't give up and let the disconnectors win! There are loads of good people out there who won't drop the instant they lose a radar. And you know where they are......

Good game last night btw. Sorry I had to shoot off without saying much at the end - real life sticks its head up every now and again unfortunately.
dolus
level0

Postby dolus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:07 pm

ARRG wrote:Then the host started to bitch about how this was not realistic and that my teammate was playing with no honor xD
No honor? What does that even mean? Was the guy implying that there's an honorable way to play a game about killing millions of civilians?

I've been in a few games where the host drops, but it's never really bothered me that much. I like to tell myself that when the host feels the need to leave, it must mean I was doing really well: Dropping 10 minutes into defcon 1 is like getting KOed in round 1 of a fight. :D It actually bothers me more when people drop when not hosting, because then you have to deal with their CPU ghosts.
Benno
level1
level1

Postby Benno » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:22 am

dolus wrote:
ARRG wrote:It actually bothers me more when people drop when not hosting, because then you have to deal with their CPU ghosts.

I agree. That is really annoying. Sometimes even more so if it was your only friend or ally that dropped.
Flaps
level1
level1

Postby Flaps » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:36 pm

It would be nice to have a buddy list and a shitlist.

Return to “General”