This is ridiculous

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
parrot of doom
level2
level2
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:36 pm
Location: manchester, uk

This is ridiculous

Postby parrot of doom » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:21 pm

I've played 4 games today.

3 games, the host has quit the server, because I've been winning as Africa.

I'm fucking fed up of it, its ruining the game. I know its only a game but I want to visit their homes, and brick their fucking windows.

The host was called Dubbie. He re-started the server - I asked why he quit "You were winning, expect that from us".

Dubbie = child.
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:21 pm

Re: This is ridiculous

Postby blackwhitehawk » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:38 pm

parrot of doom wrote:I've played 4 games today.

3 games, the host has quit the server, because I've been winning as Africa.

I'm fucking fed up of it, its ruining the game. I know its only a game but I want to visit their homes, and brick their fucking windows.

The host was called Dubbie. He re-started the server - I asked why he quit "You were winning, expect that from us".

Dubbie = child.


please host your own game. Now think about all the people that leave that are not host. And think its right snice it wont shut the sever down.
Siberian Hamster
level1
level1
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:56 pm

Postby Siberian Hamster » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:39 pm

You know where to go to avoid them though, parrot.........................................*cough* *where's MadSeven when you need him* *cough*
chaz1356
level1
level1
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:38 am

Postby chaz1356 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:50 am

Brick their windows? what are you...7?? Go to their house, rape their dog, kill their family and then burn down there house and piss on the ashes. Thats what i did to my ex girlfriend
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:02 am

chaz1356 wrote:Brick their windows? what are you...7?? Go to their house, rape their dog, kill their family and then burn down there house and piss on the ashes. Thats what i did to my ex girlfriend

You have serious rage issues. I think that you need to seek medical help. Until such time as you do get help, please stay off the internet.

xander
User avatar
wwarnick
level5
level5
Posts: 1863
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: Rexburg, ID

Postby wwarnick » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:15 am

And if your doctor says your internet days are over, PLEASE listen to him.

wwarnick
User avatar
Gen. Ripper
level3
level3
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: London

Postby Gen. Ripper » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:15 am

heh rather violent eh....well,

just host your own and keep a standard message (i use "UK based Host") never dropped yet (nor plan to)
Spitfire
level1
level1
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:38 am

Postby Spitfire » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:45 am

Gen. Ripper you and I played last night. You had just come back from, er... a night out.

And at the end of the game I thanked you for not leaving during the game.
User avatar
Gen. Ripper
level3
level3
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: London

Postby Gen. Ripper » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:11 am

"cough cough" yes i remember that...I have a screen shot of why I should never play pissed/Stoned etc :P
but still, my point remains, even though i was out of my head, i didnt leave (survivor mode, and I had .3 left :P )
User avatar
KungFuAlex
level2
level2
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:46 am
Location: Norway

Postby KungFuAlex » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:15 pm

Host your own games, that should work. I do agree tho; Eaven tho I am loosing, quiting is not what I would consider if I were a host. I think it is rude. I can usually see the ones that will be good hosts and bad hosts form the beginning of the game, and by trying to talk to them.
prozak
level4
level4
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:03 pm
Location: behind you......
Contact:

Postby prozak » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:42 pm

if your tired of hosts leaving... join defconmatch.com the hosts wont leave and plus it will let you get yourself ranked as a player.
User avatar
Akatosh
level2
level2
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:54 pm
Location: Insert witty comment here.

Postby Akatosh » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:52 pm

That's a major problem, I agree, but haven't there already been about a quandropillion threads about this topic?
This is not a signature.
User avatar
parrot of doom
level2
level2
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:36 pm
Location: manchester, uk

Postby parrot of doom » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:38 pm

KungFuAlex wrote:Host your own games, that should work. I do agree tho; Eaven tho I am loosing, quiting is not what I would consider if I were a host. I think it is rude. I can usually see the ones that will be good hosts and bad hosts form the beginning of the game, and by trying to talk to them.


It should work, but doesn't. Lag city :(
User avatar
Kuth
level4
level4
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:55 am
Location: Keele Imperium
Contact:

Postby Kuth » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:04 am

Akatosh wrote:That's a major problem, I agree, but haven't there already been about a quandropillion threads about this topic?


There are a quandropillion threads about many topics. Some of them about annoying topics. Many of them by annoying posters who can't find solutions on thier own, or don't use the search button.

This on the other hand is an issue that may/may not/cannot be addressed by Introversion. Like backstabbing it is just a side-effect mechanic of the game. Introducing a fix might just make things worse for the other half.

So, until then, make your own servers (As suggested), or maybe find a clan-hosted server or somesuch. All the online games I've ever played were hosted by myself, and I never dropped even when I was loosing.

Maybe given a few months time the next hot PC game will be released and all the children will go to that playground to play and troll and whatnot.

----------
Fact is, the only way out I see Introversion implimenting is zeroing the score of anyone who drops suddenly and passing the server on to another player. Not sure how complex of a solution that is, however.
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6256
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:14 am

Kuth wrote:Fact is, the only way out I see Introversion implimenting is zeroing the score of anyone who drops suddenly and passing the server on to another player. Not sure how complex of a solution that is, however.


Or Introversion could make dedicated server bins and people who use those will be a little more grown up. I would be hosting games 24/7 if there was a dedicated server bin. :)

NeoThermic

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests