Apology

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Angel of Death
level3
level3

Apology

Postby Angel of Death » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:46 pm

I have played this game almost since it has come out. I for one do truely HATE when you are on a game and the host gets angry because he is being KICKED and shuts down. Many forums have been wrote on this subject, but I did just that last night. I played someone under the server name The Day After as Loki. We played a one on One. I as Russia and he as Europe. This guy KICKED MY ASS!!! I mean one of those not getting ANYTHING off. He heaved Nukes at me like a quarter back. Well any way, after I had nothing left (no silos, no airports, no navy. Then as he started to send all his silo nukes over I shut off the server. :oops: I KNOW. I kicked my self after. I did not even tell him Good Game. So if it was you and you are reading this ......I'm Sorry. I wanted to talk to him after to ask him some questions. Sorry man. I need to take my own advice and learn from an asswoopin.
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:19 pm

*mental note*
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:29 pm

Hey, we all get like that sometimes (I never have).

wwarnick
Akatosh
level2
level2

Postby Akatosh » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:34 pm

That could have been me... I can't remember the name of my opponent or the server, but :

Yesterday, I played 1on1, Europe vs. Russia as Europe. I got "rid" of his Silos quite fast, as well as the airbases and fleet (radar took a little longer) without - or nearly without - suffering deaths. Just as I switched all my silos in launch mode, he quit... Alas, I can't really recall. Did we have a talk about Iraq... or was that something else... damn, I should sleep more often. :x
This is not a signature.
Slinken
level2
level2

Postby Slinken » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:49 pm

at least it was just a 1v1 game its much wors when its a 6 player game and the host shutsdown in the beginning beacuse he are being asskicked
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:45 pm

ahhh finaly people are starting to know why host shutthem down. Just say this to your self do not shut it down over and over :D .
Setras
level0

Postby Setras » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:59 pm

Lol, guys, just press 4, than press ESC twice and click Defcon Icon and hit Enter.

Voila - you are running other copy of defcon and previous game just ends in background.

Is it a problem?

P.S. You can even enter SAME GAME with different Names and maake terroristic acts 2 take 400 points per player =) (You just need two purchased copies of game or to play as demo player with other windows)
Reliance upon others is weakness... for the strong.
But strength for the weak. -Chronicle of The Metal Age.
Archinerd
level1
level1

Postby Archinerd » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:34 pm

Setras wrote:Lol, guys, just press 4, than press ESC twice and click Defcon Icon and hit Enter.

Voila - you are running other copy of defcon and previous game just ends in background.

Is it a problem?

P.S. You can even enter SAME GAME with different Names and maake terroristic acts 2 take 400 points per player =) (You just need two purchased copies of game or to play as demo player with other windows)

Scum like you are ruining this game.
SuVir
level2
level2

Postby SuVir » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:39 pm

I'm unable to have 2 instances of Defcon running without one of them crashing
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:47 pm

Archinerd wrote:
Setras wrote:Lol, guys, just press 4, than press ESC twice and click Defcon Icon and hit Enter.

Is it a problem?

Woah, woah, there's such a thing as 'proof of concept' you know? Just because people (like me and Setras at least) go and see if something's possible doesn't mean we use it against people (too much hassel for one thing). Don't jump to conclusions.
Archinerd
level1
level1

Postby Archinerd » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:51 pm

MrBunsy wrote:
Archinerd wrote:

Is it a problem?

Woah, woah, there's such a thing as 'proof of concept' you know? Just because people (like me and Setras at least) go and see if something's possible doesn't mean we use it against people (too much hassel for one thing). Don't jump to conclusions.

You're right. Text on the screen doesn't convey the subtleties of language, he may have been just joking, but I read it as bragging. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Sorry Setras.
N0ught
level3
level3

Postby N0ught » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:29 pm

*Throws the chessboard across the room.*
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:39 pm

N0ught wrote:*Throws the chessboard across the room.*

Damnit, watch where you toss those things! I just got a king in the eye, and those things are pointy!

xander
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:46 pm

xander wrote:
N0ught wrote:*Throws the chessboard across the room.*

Damnit, watch where you toss those things! I just got a king in the eye, and those things are pointy!

xander

Must be a royal pain to have a king in the eye, no?

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:54 pm

NeoThermic wrote:Must be a royal pain to have a king in the eye, no?

NeoThermic

Ba-dum *ching*

xander

Return to “General”