hall of fame / the best players youve encountered?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Weps
level3
level3

Postby Weps » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:45 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:I' ve played Weps a couple of times and I can only remember him beating me once.

Let's see how predicatble you are =]

(1) will do the "lemmeseewhatugottrick"
(2) will backstab
(3) will join forces with winning/strongest player if required.

and I must say, you are really good at it :-) It's part of the game, it's just not how I like to play it. But I'm damn curious if you can trick the other "all star players" in the "all star games" :-)

Someone besides me must have figured out how you play, I hope =]

october, last year:
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:55 pm

Weps wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:I' ve played Weps a couple of times and I can only remember him beating me once.

Let's see how predicatble you are =]

(1) will do the "lemmeseewhatugottrick"
(2) will backstab
(3) will join forces with winning/strongest player if required.

and I must say, you are really good at it :-) It's part of the game, it's just not how I like to play it. But I'm damn curious if you can trick the other "all star players" in the "all star games" :-)

Someone besides me must have figured out how you play, I hope =]

october, last year:

Dude, we haven't played enough for me to even remember it, sorry. By referring to a game back in "the olden days" you are talking about me still being a n00b, as well as you.

If you think I'm that predictable, you definately haven't played me that much. Sorry for insulting you, it wasn't personal... But:

1: That's a tactic I seldom use unless I stagger upon complete noobs that will go down anyway. I'm mostly a team player.
2: BULLSHIT from both ends and back again. If you base your stats on me from our encounters or early play, you need to update your data/intel.
3: Where do you come up with this??? I am mostly winning by myself so I don't need to "tag along". I didn't specifically try to insult you with baseless accusations. Please keep it factual and talk about present day playing and not something I did "back in october"...

If you'd be so kind... ;-)

Ace Rimmer caught me in bed with HIS backstab in the 2nd "all star" game last night and I was badly thrashed. Next game I was the one to thrash all the others - close race with roflamingo to the end. I blasted good in the other games as well. So I indeed was able to "trick" other good players. It's all part of the game, baby.
Weps
level3
level3

Postby Weps » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:26 pm

I wasnt trying to insult you, but if you read it that way, feel free.

<here was the clarification...>

Everybody keeps on saying what a wonderful valid tactics these are, but then when I mention it you get upset? puzzles me.

Also, if anyone has a screenshot of me being at the bottom of the list, please place 'm. There should only be like 200 or so. :/
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:31 pm

It's not what you say, it's HOW you say it. I'm not easily offended playing a genocide'em up, but accusing me of being a "one trick pony" is not something I applaude. You're saying the I WILL backstab, spy and leech. I'm not starting/continuing a fight about pointless stuff, but I think you're a good player (from what I have seen) and I was in no way trying to put you down by my recollection. I consider myself a good player, not bragging, but I can spank pretty much anyone on a good day. Maybe we shall challenge each other? Take the bitching to the court, if you know what I mean. ;-)
Erasmus J Homeowner
level2
level2

Postby Erasmus J Homeowner » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:33 pm

One flipping mention!! Is that it! =]

better start pwning more.
Last edited by Erasmus J Homeowner on Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the blessing of the bomb almighty descend on us all, this day and forever more.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:15 pm

Erasmus J Homeowner wrote:One Freaking mention!! Is that it? =]

better start pwning.

Fixed! :D
TheGeno
level0

Postby TheGeno » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:31 am

best players i've ever encountered were weps and radiant caligula
world idiot
level4
level4

Postby world idiot » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:21 pm

i am so rubbish, i would never make it on to this elite list

thats life as an idiot for u
StifflerStyle
level2
level2

Postby StifflerStyle » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Weps wrote:
roflamingo wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:Edit: The top six players you can think of?

Not in order from best to worst. And I'm sure I'm leaving people out.

ROFLamingo

Radiant Caligula
caranthir.pkk
Quest for Glory
Weps
Ico
Ace Rimmer
JESUS
Amerigo Vespucci
Feud
Feef
MadKingGeorge

Just to extend the list with some of the people you left out =]

Wikket Klown
HomeOwner
NATO (I just dont know which one...)
The StiffMeister
Buck Turdigson
Lukas
Mighty Santa
SovietAgent6
SovietKitsch
Osama
Soup Dragon

All fine players !

Ace Rimmer wrote:It would be interesting to see a spreadsheet based off of Amerigo Vespucci's that gave details as to every player involved (in 6 player games only), how many wins they have, and their "average" position.

How about it Amerigo?

If IV would consider making a log file for each game (as e.g. done in Counterstrike), I would be more than happy to write a tool to parse them. I don't have enough time to enter all data manually from over 500 screenshots...

Thanks for the mention! :D Ah how time flies!

I know I resurrected an old topic, partly reminiscing, but also its funny to see how different apart from a few household names the playerbase now is; I am just curious if these people still play or under different aliases :D ( the defcon player pool was never that big). I vaguely remember having diplomacies with Vespucci and others that was more roleplaying then nuking.
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:33 am

StifflerStyle wrote:
Weps wrote:
roflamingo wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:Edit: The top six players you can think of?

Not in order from best to worst. And I'm sure I'm leaving people out.

ROFLamingo

Radiant Caligula
caranthir.pkk
Quest for Glory
Weps
Ico
Ace Rimmer
JESUS
Amerigo Vespucci
Feud
Feef
MadKingGeorge

Just to extend the list with some of the people you left out =]

Wikket Klown
HomeOwner
NATO (I just dont know which one...)
The StiffMeister
Buck Turdigson
Lukas
Mighty Santa
SovietAgent6
SovietKitsch
Osama
Soup Dragon

All fine players !

Ace Rimmer wrote:It would be interesting to see a spreadsheet based off of Amerigo Vespucci's that gave details as to every player involved (in 6 player games only), how many wins they have, and their "average" position.

How about it Amerigo?

If IV would consider making a log file for each game (as e.g. done in Counterstrike), I would be more than happy to write a tool to parse them. I don't have enough time to enter all data manually from over 500 screenshots...

Thanks for the mention! :D Ah how time flies!

I know I resurrected an old topic, partly reminiscing, but also its funny to see how different apart from a few household names the playerbase now is; I am just curious if these people still play or under different aliases :D ( the defcon player pool was never that big). I vaguely remember having diplomacies with Vespucci and others that was more roleplaying then nuking.

ROFLamingo is still the best diplo player there ever was, there ever is, and the best there ever will be.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 am

And Jack Whittaker is the best lottery winner there ever was, there ever is, and the best there ever will be.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:03 am

Obvoiusly MOR wasn't born yet..

Return to “General”