7%
Undecided/other
No votes

Total votes: 89
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:18 am

I think the trick is to position your fleet right at the mouth of the straight. Then command them to go straight up. Sometimes it still wants to go around the long way but just put the mbackto the mouth and try again.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o224 ... hot1-1.jpg
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:19 am

Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:56 am

Thanks for the pics, I just tried it out and it worked like a charm!
Fyei
level0

Postby Fyei » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:05 am

I tried this moving through the straights bit, its hard but its possible.

I snuck all my subs through at the start while as North America...

They shafted me in the beginning, making me lose the west coast... BUT THEY DIDNT EXPECT THAT!

I won with 100 point lead :P
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:28 am

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/jarik/sailable.jpg

Just save it in .../defcon/data/earth/
Mr_Monday
level1
level1

Postby Mr_Monday » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:42 am

It works a lot better if you edit the travel nodes, as well. That way the AI will use it and you can send them from a (longer) distance and not go around all the other continents. I made one a while ago, that opens up other parts of the oceans as well, but it still doesn't work great.
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1160250/BeringStraight1.0b.rar.html
crashman
level1
level1

Couldn't do it

Postby crashman » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:46 am

One or two at a time no problem but I don't know how you got your carriers through a land mass??? :)
HermanKahn
level1
level1

Postby HermanKahn » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:08 am

I was able to get four subs through, but only once. Every time I tried afterwards, I just couldn't seem to get it quite right again. It was extremely frustrating, especially since the four subs I would try to put up there could well have won me more than one game. :x
Arrozal Zipoetes
level1
level1

Postby Arrozal Zipoetes » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:21 am

My god, that's the biggest avatar I've ever seen. :shock:

It's going to devour us all, as France would say "We got ze missiles, zey are coming. Fire our shit!"
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:06 pm

Arrozal Zipoetes wrote:My god, that's the biggest avatar I've ever seen. :shock:

It's going to devour us all, as France would say "We got ze missiles, zey are coming. Fire our shit!"

You must be using IE, yes?

HermanKahn: While your avatar looks fine in any browswer that properly supports CSS, it distorts the page in IE. It also requires people to download a larger image. Please try to find a smaller avatar, or scale that one down a bit. Thank you.

xander
HermanKahn
level1
level1

Postby HermanKahn » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:57 pm

xander wrote:
Arrozal Zipoetes wrote:My god, that's the biggest avatar I've ever seen. :shock:

You must be using IE, yes?

HermanKahn: While your avatar looks fine in any browswer that properly supports CSS, it distorts the page in IE. It also requires people to download a larger image. Please try to find a smaller avatar, or scale that one down a bit. Thank you.

xander

I had no idea. Silly me for using a superior browser. Oh well, it's gone.

It's a good reason to suggest to Arrozal Zipoetes that he convert to Mozilla Firefox, though. :P
Spitfire
level1
level1

Postby Spitfire » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:28 am

i would support making it more easily accesible. i also want to see them open up the panama canal and up around greenland too. if i can move my ships across micronesia, then i should be able to atleast get passed other places.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:52 am

Angel of Death: I de-inlined your images, as I just noted they are bitmap files, at at 1.4MB each, are too much for anyone with a slow connection or a bandwith limit. Please try convert them to a proper JPEG or even a PNG :)

NeoThermic
ERTO
level1
level1

Postby ERTO » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:34 am

HermanKahn wrote:I was able to get four subs through, but only once. Every time I tried afterwards, I just couldn't seem to get it quite right again. It was extremely frustrating, especially since the four subs I would try to put up there could well have won me more than one game. :x

I was able to get all ships through in groups of 6. Trick works flawlessly, so long as you follow the directions to a T. Position them initially exactly south of the passage, then click the lead ship (that is centered directly south of the passage), zoom in, make sure the travel line is EXACTLY straight and pointing north through the passage, then right click the first area after the passage that the game allows you to (the target turn blue). All ships went through.

This should be interesting as I try this in online play. ;)
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:47 pm

NeoThermic wrote:Angel of Death: I de-inlined your images, as I just noted they are bitmap files, at at 1.4MB each, are too much for anyone with a slow connection or a bandwith limit. Please try convert them to a proper JPEG or even a PNG :)

NeoThermic

Sorry about that. I was just trying to help. I keep forgetting about the little guys ( as I am trying to help them :twisted: )

Return to “General”