Griefers List

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

mstcr0w5429
level2
level2

Griefers List

Postby mstcr0w5429 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:26 am

All games have their share of griefers, lamers and llamas. DEFCON is no exception. So I've decided to create a list of this I come across. Some are just dishonest players, while others will turn tail and disconnect as soon as you launch a nuclear barrage at them. They can of course change their names, but until then, you'll have some idea of who you're dealing with. The list will be updated as more information is gathered. In war, intel is necessary for victory.

Please report griefers and their behavior in the thread for inclusion in the parent. Posters should post to this thread with a description of the griefer and link to an image displaying the offending behavior, hosted at http://imageshack.us/. An image is not required or possible for hosts that disconnect, killing the server.

Backstabbers, Who Then Lie About Doing So
Ricksist Party

Communications Spammers
Robert

Disconnect When Attacked
BlueBandito
Curtis LeMay (backstabbed, was attacked, left)
Death2All
GFree (self-reported)
Jadster (backstabbed, was attacked, left)
Ricksist Party (2 reports)
UncleCharles

Disconnect During Last Minutes of Game
Bad_Haze
Cookie (backstabbed by switching alliances, then immediately disconnected)
Deaf Con
Robert

Disconnect Killing Server
silentbob
The Jackal
USA

Disconnect When Outnumbered
Dr. Doom

Hosting Is a Total Disaster
nucTacular (I had 19 reconnects, another player had 23 reconnects, and the server was shut down close to end game)

Put Game in Real-Time to Annoy Other Players
Kim Jong Il

Ungracious Losers
DAnimalX
Darth Rashi
Hew
T Blair

Special Problems
Box (spouts off racist nonsense, then leaves)

*Note that players who leave the game with the consent of the other players are not considered disconnects
Last edited by mstcr0w5429 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:46 am, edited 30 times in total.
Michaeru
level1
level1

Postby Michaeru » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:30 am

Woohoo. I hope that you know changing your name is as easy as breathing?
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:39 am

Backstabbing is part of the game...
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:47 am

Tis. Disconnecters I really do not like, typically when they are hosting.
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Re: Griefers List

Postby Spacemonkey » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:47 am

mstcr0w5429 wrote:Backstabbers
Ricksist Party
Pretorian (sic)

That should be changed to "People who know how to play the game"

And add my name up there too.
grim
level1
level1

Postby grim » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:50 am

Add mstcr0w5429 to the list of people who cry when their allies attack him ;)
KungFuAlex
level2
level2

Postby KungFuAlex » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:52 am

Backstabbing is part of the game, you got to expect them to try and backstab you, always prepare for that ;)

Disconnectors, well, they are a boring, but you will always have them, and making a "list" with a few names of players that you do not like does not really help anything. And how do we know they did what you acused them of? You migth just be angry since you lost for all I know, and trying to take it out on them this way...
mobius
level2
level2

Postby mobius » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:37 am

forget the backstabing part , the post isnt about backstabbers, its about quitters and sore losers,
i often get people leaving because they are losing, and just because i have a score of 400+ people start to leave, what they dont understand is that you can still win the game when your sitting in last place with -100 points as i often have.
i think there are alot of players who think that just because they have lost half there silos all is lost and thats never the case, on one occasion i had lost all my silos pretty much at the start of the game but i still managed to win because i had my bombers and subs left untouched.
but ill add to this post when i find people that quit when there losing. of course there will be people that have lost connection and to be honest you will probly guess that when it happens but there are the people who just quit , so far ive only lost connection about 3 times but one thing i will say about me is that i will always stay until the end as thats normally the best time to get those final missiles in and grab top spot.

and about people changing there names well go ahead but most players like to use a online name and be reconised buy that name.
ERTO
level1
level1

Postby ERTO » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:51 am

mstcr0w5429 wrote:All games have their share of griefers, lamers and llamas. DEFCON is no exception. So I've decided to create a list of this I come across. Some are just dishonest players, while others will turn tail and disconnect as soon as you launch a nuclear barrage at them. They can of course change their names, but until then, you'll have some idea of who you're dealing with. The list will be updated as more information is gathered. In war, intel is necessary for victory.

Backstabbers
Ricksist Party
Pretorian (sic)

Hey, what name do you play under? I want to add you to the list of losers to avoid.

TIA,
ERTO
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:09 am

If your fleet has been wiped out and you have no nukes left, then I think it's ok to leave.

I was playing this 1vs1 game, I had fired all my subs, bombers and silos, I had nothing left, I couldn't do anything but wait, which I did, as the other guys had not fired any of his silos, so I waited, and waited, and he didn't do anything, whats worse he had it running at only 5x speed, it was very boring for me.

So I quit, I had a higher score, but i'm sure if he fired his silos he would of won the game. But i'm not going to wait around for his sorry ass just to be helplessly nuked.

If he sped up the game, or answered my question on why he was taking so long, then I would of stayed, but he didn't.
Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby Mighty Santa » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:53 am

This is pointless.

Until User/Playernames are fixed/known to certain keys (why not?), any idiot can call themselves whatever the hell they like. Act like an ass for a few hours, and then someone like you will come here, start whining, and slander a player who is actually very good.

Its crazy situation. I really don't understand why the metaserver registers ALL names selected. You can change to a new name, but it still knows you are key xxx.

People talk of tournaments, but how is anyone going to know for sure? Forget Ips, those change regularly.

:evil:
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
GeneticFreak
level3
level3

Postby GeneticFreak » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:16 am

mstcr0w5429 wrote:Backstabbers
Ricksist Party
Pretorian (sic)

Add my name there
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight
mstcr0w5429
level2
level2

Postby mstcr0w5429 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:28 am

KungFuAlex wrote:Backstabbing is part of the game, you got to expect them to try and backstab you, always prepare for that ;)

Disconnectors, well, they are a boring, but you will always have them, and making a "list" with a few names of players that you do not like does not really help anything. And how do we know they did what you acused them of? You migth just be angry since you lost for all I know, and trying to take it out on them this way...

They aren't players I dislike, they are players listed for the behavior cited. Which one could argue causes me to dislike them. You're right, you can't know for certain they're guilty as charged, but at least if you run into them, you know to be cautious.
HermanKahn
level1
level1

Postby HermanKahn » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:34 am

mstcr0w5429 wrote:Disconnect When Attacked
Ricksist Party

Add "British" to that list. A mere three hits on Cairo and he was gone.
GeneticFreak
level3
level3

Postby GeneticFreak » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:45 am

so why did you consider it griefing :P we ain't ruining the game for anyone.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight

Return to “General”