Griefers List

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:22 am

mstcr0w5429 wrote:Stop trolling the list.

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to report a name which you failed to add to your list
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
mstcr0w5429
level2
level2

Postby mstcr0w5429 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:30 am

Montyphy wrote:

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to report a name which you failed to add to your list

You are arguing from irrationality, and only seek to disrupt this thread. You will be ignored in the future.
Slinken
level2
level2

Postby Slinken » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:42 am

mstcr0w5429 wrote:
Montyphy wrote:

You are arguing from irrationality, and only seek to disrupt this thread. You will be ignored in the future.

o no now I think Montyphy went sad you wont listen to him any more (have you done that anytime?)
MoonHill
level3
level3

Postby MoonHill » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:19 am

mstcr0w5429 wrote:
Montyphy wrote:

So, theoretically, if it's you that is being called a griefer, it's irrational and disruptive.

But if it's anyone else, anyone at all, then they get added to the list.

For that matter, it seems like Montyphy has provided more justification for his accusation than the vast majority of the other reporters to the list.

Interesting.
mstcr0w5429
level2
level2

Postby mstcr0w5429 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:25 am

MoonHill wrote:
mstcr0w5429 wrote:
Montyphy wrote:

So, theoretically, if it's you that is being called a griefer, it's irrational and disruptive.

For that matter, it seems like Montyphy has provided more justification for his accusation than the vast majority of the other reporters to the list.

Interesting.

In theory, not necessarily. Anyone else what? You haven't identified any object of comparison. You are not being at all serious, as Monty has provided zero justification, and has gone out of his way to disprove himself via self-inflicted absurdity. Please examine the basis for your thoughts before making them known in the future.
Sirthomasthegreat
level3
level3

Postby Sirthomasthegreat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:47 am

mstcr0w5429 wrote:
MoonHill wrote:
mstcr0w5429 wrote:
Montyphy wrote:

Interesting.

In theory, not necessarily. Anyone else what? You haven't identified any object of comparison. You are not being at all serious, as Monty has provided zero justification, and has gone out of his way to disprove himself via self-inflicted absurdity. Please examine the basis for your thoughts before making them known in the future.

However it is ok for others not to justify their claims? And I am being serrious that you have violated all of the griefing catagories, however like other I have no proof, and you still add their complaints. And like anyone who is accused you are saying it is false, however do you have any proof that you didnt violate any of your catagories, if not than it is my word vs your word and thus cannot be proved either way and it is discarded, yet this has happened to many others yet you add them. So, if you are true to your word than you would add yourself. If not you should clear all catagories until you can prove them otherwise.
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:48 am

mstcr0w5429 wrote:
MoonHill wrote:
mstcr0w5429 wrote:
Montyphy wrote:

Interesting.

Would you be able to add to the first page for people to try and post, screen shots of people droping or leaveing a game.

As there is no proof of any of this and they dont need proof to add people to the list. But with proof this will make it better for people like me to belive that his has happen. I have been called some of these things in the past which are mostly unture. But if you want to count the 5 disconnets, because the game crash then you should add me to the list. I have now fixed that.

But i belive you should add your name to the list because he did not give 100% proof but at least a reason.

How did he disprove him self by self-infelicted absurdity reading his post ,i would then look at what you do in my games becuase of how he put it.
MoonHill
level3
level3

Postby MoonHill » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:59 am

In theory, not necessarily. Anyone else what? You haven't identified any object of comparison.

Anyone else is called a griefer. Sorry for not being clear.

As for objects of comparison, take the entire list. You've provided no proof of any of the actions reported, required no proof of such, and stated flat-out that there is no proof of any of the actions attributed. Yet when the same actions get attributed to you, you call it trolling and refuse to post.

There are now three people (check the front page; I am not one of them) calling for your name to be added to the list.

You are not being at all serious, as Monty has provided zero justification, and has gone out of his way to disprove himself via self-inflicted absurdity.

I am being quite serious, actually. Montyphy told a rather detailed story describing the actions he attributed to you, which at this point is far more than we've been given for any of the other names on that list (excepting one tale back on the front page).

So far, the only proof we've got either way is your word versus his word. And apparently your word is the more powerful, because it's your list.

And as I said, I find that interesting.

Please examine the basis for your thoughts before making them known in the future.

There is no need to attack me just because you dislike what I am saying. I would appreciate an abstention from the insults, as well as the unwarranted commands. Thank you.
mstcr0w5429
level2
level2

Postby mstcr0w5429 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:46 am

I would like to open up the thread to suggestions of how screen shots could be used for each category, or others not yet in place. Respondents should list each category, and then explain how a screen shot would be useful. Serious replies only, please.
mstcr0w5429
level2
level2

Postby mstcr0w5429 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:48 am

Would you be able to add to the first page for people to try and post, screen shots of people droping or leaveing a game.

As there is no proof of any of this and they dont need proof to add people to the list. But with proof this will make it better for people like me to belive that his has happen. I have been called some of these things in the past which are mostly unture. But if you want to count the 5 disconnets, because the game crash then you should add me to the list. I have now fixed that.

But i belive you should add your name to the list because he did not give 100% proof but at least a reason.

How did he disprove him self by self-infelicted absurdity reading his post ,i would then look at what you do in my games becuase of how he put it.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have opened up the thread to how screen shots may better able to assist users of the list. Also, your prevention of future game crashes is appreciated.
Sirthomasthegreat
level3
level3

Postby Sirthomasthegreat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:05 am

then remove all of the current names to remove all doubt.
MoonHill
level3
level3

Postby MoonHill » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:15 am

That would probably be best, although honestly since it's as easy as breathing to change a handle, it still seems a little pointless.

At least screenshots of Coms showing the offending behavior would take a lot of the libelous aspects out of the thread, though those can still be faked.

Perhaps, and it is just a thought, sending insulting PMs to people who disagree with the list might not be a great way to up its credibility, either...
mstcr0w5429
level2
level2

Revised Policy

Postby mstcr0w5429 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:44 am

To help allay any concerns, future posts to the list will require a screen shot, hosted at http://imageshack.us/. Current posts will be grandfathered in. Posters should post to this thread with a description of the griefer and link to said image posted at http://imageshack.us/.
Sirthomasthegreat
level3
level3

Postby Sirthomasthegreat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:45 am

you got one to! I got one insulting me to. No joke. I can get screen to prove if necissary.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:28 am

I said that I was going to be good and stay out of this, but I have changed my mind. A list of griefers is a bad idea. I think that this topic very clearly shows why. It is nothing more than an open invitation to troll, and to hurt the reputations of others. How do we know that any person on this list deserves to be on the list? How do we know that the nominating person was not, in fact the griefer, and is pre-emptively attacking other people in their games? I have noticed that, generally speaking, the person that first cries troll is generally a troll themselves. A list like this does nothing other than to fragment the community, and foster hostility. Futhermore, because of the way Defcon works, a list like this doesn't even work well. What if I show up on the list? Oh, well -- I'll just change my name. It is really easy to do! What if I don't like NeoThermic? Hrm... maybe I will play a couple of games using his name, and be an asshole! Again, a list like this is just asking to be abused.

Now, if you want to play games that you know are going to work out well, I think a white list is a much better idea. What good games have you had? Who was playing? What players tend to host good servers that don't shut down? What are those servers called? These are things that would be useful to know, and, while abuse is possible, it is much harder.

xander

Return to “General”