Silos Launching By Themselves

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Studders
level1
level1

Postby Studders » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 am

MoonHill wrote:
Studders wrote:But surely u can understand my point about demo users?

At this point I don't care about your point about demo users. If I had the authority, I'd gladly expand the privileges demo-users get now, if it meant that fewer people behaving like you have today showed up on the forums.

I've had good and bad experiences with demo users and full-version users. I can't see how acting like a complete ass would convince anyone to help me out with the bad ones of either type.

You must be a demo user, and i dont give a crap that you dont care, if u dont care then dont reply to my point
How about a nice game of chess?
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:47 am

Studders wrote:wooo a ban, i used to post about positive things till people started to make this forum a crap place to come

Then just don't come here? If things are really as bad as you make out, then it won't kill you to not turn up. By bitching about it on the forums, you just appear to want to invoke a responce, of which we're all feeding one to you.

NeoThermic
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:47 am

Judging from your responses, it wouldn't seem such a far-fetched question to ask, but is it possible that the demo players are being like that because perhaps you are being abusive or irritating to them?

Seems likely to me. :?
Studders
level1
level1

Postby Studders » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:49 am

Erm nope, like i just sed, we was playing a game and they just moan about everything. WHY do they get the same privilages as people who bought the game? its only £10 i know that but you must understand this. Introversion amde a bad move here
MoonHill
level3
level3

Postby MoonHill » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:51 am

You must be a demo user,

Nope. Pre-order.

But that's just the sort of statement that kills your argument in its crib.

and i dont give a crap that you dont care, if u dont care then dont reply to my point

If you don't give a crap that I don't care, then why ask the question?

My point is that your behavior, right here, has pretty much screwed up any agreement you might have gotten about demo users.

Being an ass is no way to convince others of your point of view.
Studders
level1
level1

Postby Studders » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:55 am

Yea, my arguments dead, and about my behavior, join the real world for a change, its not always good manners and polite conversation that gets the point across, sometimes it takes a kick in the teeth and a bat to the head
MoonHill
level3
level3

Postby MoonHill » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:01 am

Studders wrote:Yea, my arguments dead, and about my behavior, join the real world for a change, its not always good manners and polite conversation that gets the point across, sometimes it takes a kick in the teeth and a bat to the head

Good grief, I hope you're in school or something. Taking that attitude into "the real world" could wind up getting you in serious trouble.

honestly, it's not even about good manners and polite conversation. It's about the difference between being strong-worded and harsh in tone and being a complete asshole troll who turns every single person in earshot into an enemy.
Studders
level1
level1

Postby Studders » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:08 am

MoonHill wrote:
Studders wrote:Yea, my arguments dead, and about my behavior, join the real world for a change, its not always good manners and polite conversation that gets the point across, sometimes it takes a kick in the teeth and a bat to the head

Good grief, I hope you're in school or something. Taking that attitude into "the real world" could wind up getting you in serious trouble.

honestly, it's not even about good manners and polite conversation. It's about the difference between being strong-worded and harsh in tone and being a complete asshole troll who turns every single person in earshot into an enemy.

Juts lemme get this straight, i didnt turn everyone into enemy, just you and that other guy because it was pathetic moaning about falkens leeched image. Secondly, i havent "actually" kicked sum1 in the teeth, its a figure of speech...duh...(that was sarcasm in case u never encountered that before)
Thirdly, youve turned my point about demo users into more about the way i talked about it because i made a personal reference about your views on leeching, took that way too personal for an online forum m8
MoonHill
level3
level3

Postby MoonHill » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:24 am

Studders wrote:Juts lemme get this straight, i didnt turn everyone into enemy, just you and that other guy because it was pathetic moaning about falkens leeched image.

No, we two were just the only ones who said anything. For everyone else you've been sticking to the "waah! Wahh! Ban me!" repetition.

Secondly, i havent "actually" kicked sum1 in the teeth, its a figure of speech...duh...(that was sarcasm in case u never encountered that before)

Oh, good grief.

"Attitude".

Thirdly, youve turned my point about demo users into more about the way i talked about it because i made a personal reference about your views on leeching, took that way too personal for an online forum m8

No, I turned your point about demo users into more about the way you talk because the way you talk completely obscures your point about demo users. It's got nothing to do with me taking anything personally, it's got everything to do with you looking like an immature ass instead of a concerned full-version user.

Lastly, anyone who considers "that ain't cool" to be "moaning" should probably not be attempting to tell others how not to take things personally.

It's just a game, dude. Stop being such an asshole about it already.
Studders
level1
level1

Postby Studders » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:35 am

MoonHill wrote:
Studders wrote:Juts lemme get this straight, i didnt turn everyone into enemy, just you and that other guy because it was pathetic moaning about falkens leeched image.

No, we two were just the only ones who said anything. For everyone else you've been sticking to the "waah! Wahh! Ban me!" repetition.

Secondly, i havent "actually" kicked sum1 in the teeth, its a figure of speech...duh...(that was sarcasm in case u never encountered that before)

Oh, good grief.

"Attitude".

No, I turned your point about demo users into more about the way you talk because the way you talk completely obscures your point about demo users. It's got nothing to do with me taking anything personally, it's got everything to do with you looking like an immature ass instead of a concerned full-version user.

Lastly, anyone who considers "that ain't cool" to be "moaning" should probably not be attempting to tell others how not to take things personally.

It's just a game, dude. Stop being such an asshole about it already.

Im so glad i dont spend as much time as moonhill on one post.

I no its just a game dude, but this is also just a forum, (remember falkens image) stop being an asshole about it already.

Right, end of bitching

So whats the subject of this topic... Silos launching by themselves.

Ive had this problem before with team switching off. More to the point its actually happened to my subs, i could still control them but they launched a missile each before i noticed but it gave away there position. Ive also had the problem of my fleets goin the "long" way round instead of taking the direct route, any ideas?
MadSeven
level2
level2

Postby MadSeven » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:21 am

Professor Falken wrote:What a prick you are

Timmeh wrote:Not really. I just think it's funny that the admins took so much longer to do anything about Falken. Maybe I'm just more important than he is.

Miss, Miss, that file isn't his, you wouldnt be such a toad in person so don't be a weasel in a forum you cock.

Amazing that this forest of trolls isn't locked...
Baby Jesus
level0

Postby Baby Jesus » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:48 am

This thread makes me cry.

¬_¬
covered_duck
level0

Postby covered_duck » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:52 am

Studders wrote:Juts lemme get this straight, i didnt turn everyone into enemy, just you and that other guy
On behalf of all the people who just registered to use the handy "view posts since last visit" search for more comfortable lurking, let me point out that for all of them, you're wearing a big sign with D.O.R.K. written on it now. But do go on, reading pointless flamewars is sort of entertaining. Please step up the rethoric a bit, the entertainment value rises with the eloquence of the participants, and yours has been a bit lacking.
davejk
level1
level1

Postby davejk » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:57 am

Studders wrote:Im so glad i dont spend as much time as moonhill on one post.

I no its just a game dude, but this is also just a forum, (remember falkens image) stop being an asshole about it already.

Right, end of bitching...

I'm sorry, but last time I looked, arguments didn't end when one person says "You're an asshole and you're wrong. Argument over, I win!".

That said, this thread makes my brain hurt. How anyone can have such an enormous argument over something so pointless is beyond me.
Professor Falken
level1
level1

Postby Professor Falken » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:44 am

Erm.......I only started a post to find out what was goin on with my Silos and team switching was off too, many apologies for the leeched image but I have sorted it now. I really didnt want to turn this forum into an all out war between people who share a love for the great game of Defcon.

So.....can we all calm down.....Studders, thanks for your support..but easy up eh.....I have played you at this game and you are a good guy who playes the game honourably and have just got wound up defending a point about my leeched avatar that someone took umbridge too, but anyway, bad boy me is hosting it myself now (anybody want one hosting for a while you can leech off me for a bit, cant say fairer than that can I?)

Are we all cool guys ?????

Now then, back to the subject, whats the damn cookie with these Silos??

Return to “General”