DEFCON = best drinking game ever

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

xpaladin
level0

DEFCON = best drinking game ever

Postby xpaladin » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:18 pm

Hi Forum,

Well, okay, maybe not entirely #1.. Wario Ware can still get a room full of people toasted in a matter of minutes (the jumprope game is pure evil). But "DEFCON Shots" are fast becoming my favorite pastime as it combines two of my favorite things: DEFCON, and, of course, drinking.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here is the Meatspin Pirates' official DEFCON drinking game:

DEFCON SHOTS
INGREDIENTS
- Lots of beer or liquor. I'd personally recommend focusing on weaker liquors around 15-20% instead of the heavier stuff ranging from 40-60%, since you can expect to do a LOT of shots. But I would also say to get one bottle of that really hard stuff as a "substitution drink" for the possibility some jerk owns everyone and evades being nuked.
- At least one shot glass per combatant and spectator, respectively. It's preferred if you have more per person.
- Up to six or seven comps/laptops*. Defcon will run on just about anything so NO EXCUSES here.
- At least one spectator is preferred to keep tabs on how many shots a combatant needs to take. Have a designated driver do this, and inform him/her that this is the second most important role of the night.

* Depends on the number of people attending the party - more is always more fun. Have multiple people watch a screen and take shots with the combatant OR bring in a seventh comp for spectator mode and wire it to a big screen TV if possible. Try and make sure the combatants can't see the TV.

HOW TO PLAY - MULTIPLAYER LAN MODE
- Sit the computers/laptops in the general vicinity. Make absolutely sure nobody can see anyone else's screen, however, make sure combatants can verbally taunt each other.
- Start without teams. Scoring mode won't matter since it's somewhat unlikely anyone will remember how the game turned out.
- Either play speed defcon or ensure that you're using at least 10x speed normally, and cap the slowest speed to 5x if anyone is too drunk to properly target nukes. 5x is arguably too slow, but you only want the players to toggle it if they need it for nukes.
- Each player takes a shot or swig, depending on their provided alcohol preference (and tolerance, see below), when they take a major nuke hit:

a) Low Tolerance - If you can't hold your liquor, I'd recommend only taking shots when your silos, airbases, and radars get hit.
b) Medium Tolerance - In addition to the above, also add shots when one of your cities losing more than one million people.
c) "I've got alcohol in my veins" - Take a shot for every single nuke that lands on your soil.

- And in addition to the tolerance levels, if a home town of the attendees or spectators, or the current town the LAN is taking place in gets hit, everyone takes a shot. No exceptions here.

HOW TO PLAY - SINGLE COMPUTER PARTY MODE
- Hook the computer up to a big screen TV or projection. Make sure the combat area is visible at all times.
- Split the room up into "teams" of drinkers representing certain colors.
- Best done with 2-4 CPUs and speed defcon.

In closing...
Have fun with the idea and don't overdo it.
-- xpaladin
Phrage
level3
level3
Location: With a nuclear warhead aimed at Washington from my super secret Nuclear Bunker at 22 Pimpleton Ave

Postby Phrage » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:26 pm

two words......Pure Genius
Can't wait to try it....now where did i put those shot glasses.....?
^^Another amazing comment/statement/question/answer/joke/insult/compliment^^
(delete as appropriate)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:37 pm

You funny kids, with your silly drinking games.

xander
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:44 pm

It's all fun and games until someone pukes on their keyboard and moniter.
BiG D
level2
level2

Postby BiG D » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:49 pm

This was my strategy round one of the beta tournament. It worked.
Phayder
level0

Postby Phayder » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:26 am

Hahaha, that could become pretty nuts. I would personally recommend one shot for every 10, or maybe 5 million people that die, or else everyone is going to be plastered after one game. Especially for the newbies, they would end up taking like 40 shots if they had one for every nuke.
xpaladin
level0

Postby xpaladin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:46 pm

Phayder wrote:Hahaha, that could become pretty nuts. I would personally recommend one shot for every 10, or maybe 5 million people that die, or else everyone is going to be plastered after one game. Especially for the newbies, they would end up taking like 40 shots if they had one for every nuke.

That is a good suggestion - we tend to do 1/nuke since most of the guys I LAN with are Irish or heavy drinkers (or both).
-- xpaladin
KungFuAlex
level2
level2

Postby KungFuAlex » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:11 pm

xander wrote:You funny kids, with your silly drinking games.

xander

You do not need to be a kid to enjoy a drinking game, it is all about fun and enjoyment, regardless of age ;). I would not consider myself a "kid", but I do enjoy a nice drinking game once in a while :P

But I got to try and convince my friends to play Defcon, then convince them to try this drinking game :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:19 pm

KungFuAlex wrote:
xander wrote:You funny kids, with your silly drinking games.

xander

You do not need to be a kid to enjoy a drinking game, it is all about fun and enjoyment, regardless of age ;). I would not consider myself a "kid", but I do enjoy a nice drinking game once in a while :P

But I got to try and convince my friends to play Defcon, then convince them to try this drinking game :)

How old are you?

xander
KungFuAlex
level2
level2

Postby KungFuAlex » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:03 pm

It is a rather personal question, and irrelevant, but I am 21. So I am no "kid", tho I am a bit young by some standards. But all is relative. That is besides the point, everybody form 18 (18 is the leagal drinking age in Norway) to 100 can enjoy a good drinking game :).
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:24 pm

18 is too young, it needs to be raised to 21 world wide.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:27 pm

KungFuAlex wrote:It is a rather personal question, and irrelevant, but I am 21. So I am no "kid", tho I am a bit young by some standards. But all is relative. That is besides the point, everybody form 18 (18 is the leagal drinking age in Norway) to 100 can enjoy a good drinking game :).

Yes, you are a kid. A kid is anyone younger than I. As you are a member of that subset of humanity, you are a kid. I stand by my statements: you kids, with your silly drinking games. Furthermore, I would like to add: get offa my lawn!

xander
KungFuAlex
level2
level2

Postby KungFuAlex » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:34 pm

hehe, if that is how you choose do define things, that is ok ;). Might I ask your age then?

Spacemonkey wrote:18 is too young, it needs to be raised to 21 world wide.

Not really. Beer age is 18, but stronger stuff is 20 (In Norway), and it works just fine. If you raise it to high some tend to try out alternative things like drugs (witch is actually easier to get hold of then alcohol in some places). But it do really depend on where you have grown up, so just saying that it should be 21 everywhere is a bit strange. Have you experienced the countries that have 18 year drinking age? It is ok really. The most importent thing when it comes to drinking is to know how to limit yourself :P. But that is a discussion for another place, not in this thread ;)
furtim
level2
level2

Postby furtim » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:49 pm

Spacemonkey wrote:18 is too young, it needs to be raised to 21 world wide.

Yeah, because that works so well to curb excessive drinking in the US. :roll:
prozachar
level1
level1

Postby prozachar » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:57 pm

Good parents are better than any government at teaching kids to drink responsibly.

Return to “General”