When is the Mac version coming?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

mellowvision2
level1
level1

When is the Mac version coming?

Postby mellowvision2 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:32 am

It seems like it ought to be a fairly easy port over to OSX, how long do we have to wait? :roll:
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:34 am

Things are never easy if they look simple ;)

November is the current date, so poke back in December if nothing is about :)

NeoThermic
admo1972
level1
level1

Re: When is the Mac version coming?

Postby admo1972 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:55 pm

mellowvision2 wrote:It seems like it ought to be a fairly easy port over to OSX, how long do we have to wait? :roll:

If you have a intel mac, and a copy of xp laing around, you can play it that way. It's what I do.
primedynasty
level0

Re: When is the Mac version coming?

Postby primedynasty » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:41 pm

admo1972 wrote:
mellowvision2 wrote:It seems like it ought to be a fairly easy port over to OSX, how long do we have to wait? :roll:

If you have a intel mac, and a copy of xp laing around, you can play it that way. It's what I do.

Dual booting is possible, but most people want to fire up a game and just play, instead of having to go to Windows. Also I can't spare the space on my HD for a seperate Windows partition to just to run a game that clocks in under 100MB, that just doesn't make sense. Would much rather be able to fire it up in OSX while at work and play a game then have to switch.

So lets see this thing soon!
mellowvision2
level1
level1

Postby mellowvision2 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:24 am

Intel macs are less than a year old.
MikeBl
level1
level1

Postby MikeBl » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:49 am

Hi, I'm working on the Mac port from the Ambrosia side. If you want to keep tabs on how it's coming along, we've just opened a progress log on our upcoming page.
Missile Command Kid
level1
level1

Postby Missile Command Kid » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:11 pm

MikeBl wrote:Hi, I'm working on the Mac port from the Ambrosia side. If you want to keep tabs on how it's coming along, we've just opened a progress log on our upcoming page.

Stupid question, but this is going to be a Universal application, right?
MikeBl
level1
level1

Postby MikeBl » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:14 pm

Missile Command Kid wrote:Stupid question, but this is going to be a Universal application, right?

Of course.
spindash
level0

SOLUTION! yay!

Postby spindash » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:36 pm

hey guys i have a mac too, and i was really bummed andi didnt want to wait to play cause i played this game before and i loved it so much! but wait, is there a way to play it without using boot camp and an expensive copy of windows xp...i think there is. its called CrossOver (google it). its a program for mac users that allows u to run .exe and other windows files. it runs defcon very smooth for me (and i have a 1.83ghz macbook). so if it can run it on mine it should work on urs. it currently comes with a 60 day trial with no credit wahetverness. and even when the trial is over ill still buy it. i dont need windows, screw it. i can run mac os x and windows apps all from my mac os x desktop. so get it quick! its a godsend

<3 CrossOver
LINKY: http://www.codeweavers.com/products/
xander
level5
level5

Re: SOLUTION! yay!

Postby xander » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:18 pm

spindash wrote:hey guys i have a mac too, and i was really bummed andi didnt want to wait to play cause i played this game before and i loved it so much! but wait, is there a way to play it without using boot camp and an expensive copy of windows xp...i think there is. its called CrossOver (google it). its a program for mac users that allows u to run .exe and other windows files. it runs defcon very smooth for me (and i have a 1.83ghz macbook). so if it can run it on mine it should work on urs. it currently comes with a 60 day trial with no credit wahetverness. and even when the trial is over ill still buy it. i dont need windows, screw it. i can run mac os x and windows apps all from my mac os x desktop. so get it quick! its a godsend

<3 CrossOver
LINKY: http://www.codeweavers.com/products/

Parallels also works.

xander
timonator
level2
level2

Postby timonator » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:03 pm

woah, i didnt know they ported wine to mac. cool.
TheSquire
level3
level3

Postby TheSquire » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:59 pm

I assume you guys will put your serial number system in besides having IV's keys for the metaserver?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:17 pm

TheSquire wrote:I assume you guys will put your serial number system in besides having IV's keys for the metaserver?

If by "you guys" you mean Ambrosia Software, then the answer is probably yes.

xander
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:54 pm

xander wrote:
TheSquire wrote:I assume you guys will put your serial number system in besides having IV's keys for the metaserver?

If by "you guys" you mean Ambrosia Software, then the answer is probably yes.

xander

I'm not too sure, as that might break metaserver compatability.

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:24 am

NeoThermic wrote:I'm not too sure, as that might break metaserver compatability.

NeoThermic

That is my concern, as well. However, in 15 or more years, Ambrosia has never once released a game without their authentication scheme. I am curious to see how things work out.

xander

Return to “General”