Moderator: Defcon moderators

SirTomster
level1
level1

Stupid Players?

Postby SirTomster » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:11 pm

How many stupid players are out there?

Raise your hands.

In a MP game last night. Diplomacy. near the end of the game and there is a 3 way alliance. 1 CPU that was toasted early. 1 player that launched everythign and then left and his ally (SA) that was near bottom of the rankings.

So pretty much it is the 3 way that was left with any nukes.

I will admit I was stupid and knew Europe was going to attack me (I was USSR) but did not attack. Actually I did not know I could attack alliances and thought It would be broken first (stupid me) (but lesson learned)

So I got owned. Heck it is a game and I expect to get my butt kicked. And did I. Went from 1st to Last very quickly. Next time I will know I can attack my allies. :)

But the 3rd player in the Alliance joins #2 and kicks me from the alliance. ... Ok that is fine too. Hey it is a game.

but then the 3rd Player (North America) starts to launch and goes after South America. The goal to make that person last place.

I mean cumon. He ended up 4th in the end because he used all his nukes on SA. Now attacking me I can sorta understand. But the best would have been to attack Europe while he was attacking me.

But nooo. He attacked someone who was already too far down.

So he gave the game to Europe by a landslide.

Yes I was stupid to not know I could attack during alliances and notice that he was attacking me. Lesson learned there!

But North America? WTF? Dude Try to win the game at least!

So are there many players like this that do not play to win but to beat up one dude and lose the chance to win the game?

Who knows. Maybe I am just angry I got owned so bad. So stupid of me!
Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby Mighty Santa » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:49 pm

You're angry because not everyone is as smart as you ?

You must get real frustrated in EVERY game you play then, because there are endless types/levels of player out there who are going to let you down.

Hell, there are times when i'll go all out - 6 silos+10 subs against a single player (even if he is no threat), just for the shear hell of annoying him. It means my chances of winning are less, but sometimes there are more important things than winning.

Its a game, not to be taken seriously.

Ohh, and if you meet the Santa in a game, I'll try to remember to try some crazy random tactics on you. :twisted:
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Archinerd
level1
level1

Postby Archinerd » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:48 pm

Its the unpredictability of human players that puts them above the CPU. You never know what other people are going to do. Also, did it occur to you that perhaps NA percieved SA as an easier target and hoped that they could gain enough points to surpass Europe?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:07 pm

Archinerd wrote:Also, did it occur to you that perhaps NA percieved SA as an easier target and hoped that they could gain enough points to surpass Europe?

If the scoring method were Genocide or Default, yes, that might work. However, in Survivor, getting kills does nothing for your score.

xander
SirTomster
level1
level1

Postby SirTomster » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:26 am

It was survivor.

I do not mind losing. Europe got me. Heh even laughed and realized my mistake. I learned and will use that knowledge in future games.

It is just that instead of playing to win, the play was intent on taking out his neighbor, which was already out of the game.

Or just maybe the player thinks that he and his Ally won?

I guess I just wish he attacked Europe. It would have been great after being backstabbed by Europe.

Live, Learn, Nuke Again. I guess.

Must add the player to the list of players that do not play to win but instead do stupid stuff!
cleverivan
level1
level1

Re: Stupid Players?

Postby cleverivan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:21 am

SirTomster wrote:How many stupid players are out there?

Raise your hands.

Hey, I freely admit that I do stupid moves but that doesn't mean I'm a stupid player. It's purely lack of game experience especially in Diplomacy games. I've copped SA a number of times and found that it was near impossible to nuke just about any nation purely because of the way the nuke travels to it's destination and gets picked off on their travels. Also I haven't mastered the fleet strategies as yet either. Players aren't stupid matey, it's more like there are better and more skilled players out there instead.

Tell me something Tomster, do you use your forum nickname when you play Defcon or do you use a different nickname to hide your embarassments. "I'll be watching you!!!"
SirTomster
level1
level1

Postby SirTomster » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:20 pm

Always SirTomster.

Played last night in 2 games. Got owned in both. ( in 1 3 players all nuked me (EU) at the same time. ) hehehe But still dang fun.
adam_the_scouser
level1
level1

Postby adam_the_scouser » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:15 pm

I hate idiots who are useless at the game. You ally with them, you support them and then they leave you to get owned by the other alliance. All so they can score a few points but in the end lose the whole idea of a 3v3 which is a team game and our team loses.

Yes it is just a game but a game when played tactically takes a while to finish and I don't appreciate being with a bunch of morons for 40-60 minutes only to have my time wasted :evil:
SirTomster
level1
level1

Postby SirTomster » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:23 pm

Heh on one of my games last night. I had 3 subs in the artic ready for my ally to backstab me. Well he did not and those nukes were never fired.

The ally won.

Would you attacked your Ally to lower their score and maybe up yours? Or would you not of fired your nukes and allowed your ally to win?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:29 pm

adam_the_scouser wrote:I hate idiots who are useless at the game. You ally with them, you support them and then they leave you to get owned by the other alliance. All so they can score a few points but in the end lose the whole idea of a 3v3 which is a team game and our team loses.

Yes it is just a game but a game when played tactically takes a while to finish and I don't appreciate being with a bunch of morons for 40-60 minutes only to have my time wasted :evil:

If you want to play a team game, then you should check to make sure that defection is disabled on the server. If defection is not disabled, then you should expect it.

xander
cleverivan
level1
level1

Postby cleverivan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:17 pm

adam_the_scouser wrote:I hate idiots who are useless at the game. You ally with them, you support them and then they leave you to get owned by the other alliance. All so they can score a few points but in the end lose the whole idea of a 3v3 which is a team game and our team loses.

Four posts on the forum and already an expert!!! Maybe the person that left your alliance thought you were the moron :lol: Ah!! another player for my "blacklist"
KudrigY
level2
level2

Postby KudrigY » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:34 pm

I play like 5-10 games a day, winning like 75% of them, and still have few posts here - would you judge my skill from pure number of my posts???? Some ppl prefer to play not to write stuff here, and I cant blame them.

Cleverivan, i dunno you, but surely if i had to pick a moron your nick would be on top of my list.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:40 pm

cleverivan wrote:Four posts on the forum and already an expert!!! Maybe the person that left your alliance thought you were the moron :lol: Ah!! another player for my "blacklist"

KudrigY wrote:I play like 5-10 games a day, winning like 75% of them, and still have few posts here - would you judge my skill from pure number of my posts???? Some ppl prefer to play not to write stuff here, and I cant blame them.

Cleverivan, i dunno you, but surely if i had to pick a moron your nick would be on top of my list.

Who wants to take bets on how long it will take before these two just whip is out and measure?

xander
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:21 pm

xander wrote:Who wants to take bets on how long it will take before these two just whip is out and measure?

xander

I'm in.
The moron is the one who calls someone else a moron. I guess that makes me a moron.

wwarnick
cleverivan
level1
level1

Postby cleverivan » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:20 am

KudrigY wrote:Cleverivan, i dunno you, but surely if i had to pick a moron your nick would be on top of my list.

How old r u???? 12 :roll: You aren't even remotely in my league :lol:

xander wrote:Who wants to take bets on how long it will take before these two just whip is out and measure?

xander

I wouldn't want to embarrass the poor fella :lol: But on a non-serious note, it's just not worth continuing in this particular childish post. I'll just stick to playing the game with the morons. At least one gets a decent game with them.

Return to “General”