Boxed Copy!!..

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:27 pm

NeoThermic wrote: I also wanted to try grab one of the last order ID's, something I nearly succeeded in :P

But to have a last order ID would require some kind of nuclear apocal...
Scratch that.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:22 pm

KingAl wrote:
NeoThermic wrote: I also wanted to try grab one of the last order ID's, something I nearly succeeded in :P

But to have a last order ID would require some kind of nuclear apocal...
Scratch that.

Well, it somewhat happend. With the release, the servers got nuked ;)

NeoThermic
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:46 pm

My copy arrived yesterday in perfect condition. :D
Though it's not as exciting to get a game when you have already been playing it for quite a while...
GreatDane
level0

Postby GreatDane » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:53 pm

Still waiting for mine and I had order number 10208. I am starting to think it has been lost in the mail as I am living in Denmark, and the postal service here is not always very reliable.

Is there any way to check if the order has been sent out yet?
scholt
level1
level1

Postby scholt » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:12 pm

well I'm waiting now for a month for my box and starting to get annoyed :evil:
KungFuAlex
level2
level2

Postby KungFuAlex » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:39 pm

scholt wrote:well I'm waiting now for a month for my box and starting to get annoyed :evil:

Getting annoyed won't help you. As long as you have your auth key, you can play the game, so stop whining.
I have waited a long time for mine as well, but I know they are overstressed and that they have MANY copies to send out, so I will wait some more, and that does not bother me since I am alredy enjoying the game.
Leonaken
level3
level3

Postby Leonaken » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:12 am

My boxed copy came in the mail just today, in a suspicious brown paper envelope. The best part? I didn't pay a dime. A perk for being a beta tester.

Everyone acknowledge the fine work of Will Morris, who boxed all your copies and mailed them.
Missile Command Kid
level1
level1

Postby Missile Command Kid » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:31 am

Unfortunately, my copy arrived all smashed up: the case was bent and doesn't close properly, and the CD doesn't even snap into the case anymore. With the condition the box arrived in, I'm amazed that the CD wasn't snapped in two. Very disappointing.
Ozy
level0

Postby Ozy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:21 am

KungFuAlex wrote:Getting annoyed won't help you. As long as you have your auth key, you can play the game, so stop whining.
I have waited a long time for mine as well, but I know they are overstressed and that they have MANY copies to send out, so I will wait some more, and that does not bother me since I am alredy enjoying the game.

I, for one, am a bit tired of people telling distressed boxed-copy buyers to "stop whining". They are paying customers who have shelled out their hard earned cash for a product; a product that they (reasonably, I would argue) expect to receive undamaged and in a timely fashion. The fact that these people can play the game without the boxed copy makes the fact that they purchased said boxed copy all the more commendable insofar as it gives money to Introversion far exceeding that actually required to play the game and that for only the minor added convenience of having a boxed copy! And yet it is these most loyal of customers who are mocked upon these very forums! Now I understand that Introversion was overwhelmed by demand, and that it is a small buisness and, as such, is of somewhat limited means in this regard. However, it is the responsibility of any buisness to be capable of meeting its professed obligations to its customers, and when faced with an inconvenience resulting from the failure of said buisness to do so, it is only natural that paying customers would feel some distress.

That said, entitled to distress as they may be, whatever ill-feeling results from this inconvenience should be tempered by respect for Introversions constant dilligence both in the production of excellent games such as Defcon, and the accomodation of a customer base far surpassing its expectations. I, for one, have no doubt that Introversions means will grow into its well-deserved respect, and that its future customers will reap the benefits. :)
"Canaan is devastated, Ashkelon is fallen, Gezer is ruined, Venoam is reduced to nothing, Israel is desolate and Her seed is no more, and Palestine has become a widow for Egypt: All the countries are unified and pacified."

Rameses
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:48 am

I believe the objection that most people have against complaining is this:
It has been made clear, many times by many different people, that due to the sheer mass of packages needed to be sent out, and due to the small number of people available to do that sending out, customers need to be patient. As such, only in extreme cases should a complaint be made. Just on a month after release, taking into account the above concerns, there should essentially be no 'extreme cases' - especially among those whose order numbers are #3000 or above relative to the first Defcon orders (in the low 7000s) taken as #1.
The fact that they can already play game - the core product - there is little reason to be impatient to the extent that it in necessary to complain loudly in the forums.
KungFuAlex
level2
level2

Postby KungFuAlex » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:06 pm

Ozy wrote:
KungFuAlex wrote:Getting annoyed won't help you. As long as you have your auth key, you can play the game, so stop whining.

I, for one, am a bit tired of people telling distressed boxed-copy buyers to "stop whining". They are paying customers who have shelled out their hard earned cash for a product; a product that they (reasonably, I would argue) expect to receive undamaged and in a timely fashion. The fact that these people can play the game without the boxed copy makes the fact that they purchased said boxed copy all the more commendable insofar as it gives money to Introversion far exceeding that actually required to play the game and that for only the minor added convenience of having a boxed copy! And yet it is these most loyal of customers who are mocked upon these very forums! Now I understand that Introversion was overwhelmed by demand, and that it is a small buisness and, as such, is of somewhat limited means in this regard. However, it is the responsibility of any buisness to be capable of meeting its professed obligations to its customers, and when faced with an inconvenience resulting from the failure of said buisness to do so, it is only natural that paying customers would feel some distress.

That said, entitled to distress as they may be, whatever ill-feeling results from this inconvenience should be tempered by respect for Introversions constant dilligence both in the production of excellent games such as Defcon, and the accomodation of a customer base far surpassing its expectations. I, for one, have no doubt that Introversions means will grow into its well-deserved respect, and that its future customers will reap the benefits. :)

My point was that it does not help to whine about it in the forums, I too have waited close to a month now, and I would like to have my box copy soon, heck, that is why I ordred the boxed copy :P. But I do not whine about it beacause I know it does not help anyhting ;)
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:30 pm

Missile Command Kid wrote:Unfortunately, my copy arrived all smashed up: the case was bent and doesn't close properly, and the CD doesn't even snap into the case anymore. With the condition the box arrived in, I'm amazed that the CD wasn't snapped in two. Very disappointing.
Surely you can report that to your postal service or something, see if there's anything that can be done to get some compensation.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:01 am

MrBunsy wrote:
Missile Command Kid wrote:Unfortunately, my copy arrived all smashed up: the case was bent and doesn't close properly, and the CD doesn't even snap into the case anymore. With the condition the box arrived in, I'm amazed that the CD wasn't snapped in two. Very disappointing.
Surely you can report that to your postal service or something, see if there's anything that can be done to get some compensation.

Nuh-uh. Will did that personally. Out of spite.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:28 am

Then it turns out Will likes me. Also my Postcard was outside the box in the packaging so look for it there.
KungFuAlex
level2
level2

Postby KungFuAlex » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:43 pm

Got my copy today! Nice and intact, with a cool manual. :) I got no pictures tho, no longer got a camera :/.

It was order number 174XX and I live in Norway, for those of you who want to know ;)
And it was ordred: Sunday 15 October, 2006

Return to “General”