General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

coolcoder
level1
level1

Boxed Copy!!..

Postby coolcoder » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:50 am

Yay!!!, it arrived...

BUT!!!, no printed manual?!!(£*$")% - I loved the PDF manual, what happened? I thought a boxed copy mean't a nice printed manual too....
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:53 am

I broke into the post office, ripped open your package, stole the manual, and repacked it. :D
GeneticFreak
level3
level3

Postby GeneticFreak » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:02 am

Wtf, no manual with the boxed copy? Are you serious? This is a total letdown...
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight
coolcoder
level1
level1

It would appear..

Postby coolcoder » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:11 am

it would appear someone did indeed get to my box before me... rest assured , there is a manual....and a lovely matt finish to it as well. Of course, as with most manuals pretty much out of date the day they are printed. It has more style than substance but thats a good thing, I like the fact there is things to learn and find out yourself.

Q to Introversion: Any news on when a patch will be out? Just kinda would like to see the server list fixed, nothing else - great game otherwise.
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:24 am

Yes the boxes are finally on their way to our customers, and we hope you like them. There is still a BIG backlog of deliveries to get through, and Will is working flat out to clear it. Those people that pre-ordered first will be getting their copies first.

To be absolutely clear, the boxed copy comes with a lovely full colour printed manual. I'm not sure why coolcoder's doesn't - apologies for that.

The v1.1 patch will be released hopefully today (this evening), on our website and on Steam roughly simultaniously. No need to wait particularly long for that.

Thanks to everyone who bought from us direct - we hope you love your boxed copies.
Last edited by Chris on Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dries
level0

Postby dries » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:25 am

oooooh, cant bear the excitement!!
scholt
level1
level1

Postby scholt » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:37 am

Chris wrote:To be absolutely clear, the boxed copy comes with a lovely full colour printed manual. I'm not sure why coolcoder's doesn't - apologies for that.

That's great to hear, thanks! I'm waiting for my box Version but as I don't have pre-orderd and live in Germany I guess I have to wait a bit more :D
coolcoder
level1
level1

Manual..

Postby coolcoder » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:03 pm

Chris , as per post - I guess I should have edited the original one... the manual was there as was a nice little postcard (although it appears that the text is not straight on the back...). Thanks for a great game, which I play everyday and have done since release. Looking forward to all the mods, updates and support that I know you will give this game as you have done with all your games.
phillys
level0

Postby phillys » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:41 pm

Is there any where we can buy the manual from the boxed copy? Well, I know we can download it but hey, I would pay for that manual alone!
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:27 pm

Chris wrote:Those people that pre-ordered first will be getting their copies first.
Does that include us Beta testers with our free copies? :)
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Vicarocha
level0

Postby Vicarocha » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:58 pm

Ahoi,
I've just a short (rather simple) question:
Is there an (means: the e-mailed one) authentification-key somewhere in the box (e.g. on the manual)?
I just ask 'cos of this strange thread: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?t=2651&highlight=boxed+key.
If it is like it should be, my order will just be on its way. I love Defcon 8).
"Now I am become Death, destroyer of worlds."
~ Robert Oppenheimer
coolcoder
level1
level1

Postby coolcoder » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:30 pm

No, no key in box or stuck on manual that I can see....As the only way to buy the game (boxed) is via the Introversion site, they give you the key in the confirmation email (I think).
Vicarocha
level0

Postby Vicarocha » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:45 pm

What the... sooo... (just to make sure :P):
When I order the boxed version I will get an e-mail with an unique authentification-key at first? With this key I can unlock the downloadable-demo and it will become the full-version? Later a DVD-box(?) will arrive with a printed manual and a CD, but no key (nowehere, not even on the manual)? On this CD will be the demo-version, which I can unlock with the e-mailed key? So I will get a boxed demo? Hmmm, I'm not really convinced... I would prefer not to get an e-mailed key but a printed one with the boxed version. It just sounds... hmmm... incomplete the way it is (yes, I'm a kind of grumbler :oops:).
Aaand... how is the game unlocked by the authentification-key? Online (e.g. via forced online-registration, like Half-Life 2) or offline?
The first case would be THE argument for me not to buy it: Just imagine what happens, if there is a nuclear-war some time in the future and you can't unlock xour copy of defcon, 'cos a tactical warhead hits the server-hub with tne Introversion-PCs :!: 8)

So, who is the first to give me answers ;-)?
dries
level0

Postby dries » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:59 pm

you start the demo, it asks for the auth key, you type in the auth key, the demo becomes the full game
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:11 pm

Vicarocha wrote:What the... sooo... (just to make sure :P):
When I order the boxed version I will get an e-mail with an unique authentification-key at first? With this key I can unlock the downloadable-demo and it will become the full-version? Later a DVD-box(?) will arrive with a printed manual and a CD, but no key (nowehere, not even on the manual)? On this CD will be the demo-version, which I can unlock with the e-mailed key? So I will get a boxed demo? Hmmm, I'm not really convinced... I would prefer not to get an e-mailed key but a printed one with the boxed version. It just sounds... hmmm... incomplete the way it is (yes, I'm a kind of grumbler :oops:).
Aaand... how is the game unlocked by the authentification-key? Online (e.g. via forced online-registration, like Half-Life 2) or offline?
The first case would be THE argument for me not to buy it: Just imagine what happens, if there is a nuclear-war some time in the future and you can't unlock xour copy of defcon, 'cos a tactical warhead hits the server-hub with tne Introversion-PCs :!: 8)

So, who is the first to give me answers ;-)?

THE PROBLEM
I understand your worries. In the past, getting an email key without a physical key written on a piece of paper could be a huge problem. What if you accidentally delete your email? Your key is gone!

THE SOLUTION
However, thanks to the miracle of modern science, you can permanently transcribe your key! Now, you can use a modern technology known as a "pen" to write down your key on the back of the manual!

xander
Last edited by xander on Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”