Do you play other Military Srategy Games ...

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Weps
level3
level3

Postby Weps » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:49 pm

I used to play Microprose' "Red storm rising". And still do, now and again, using good old dosbox.

THE 8-bit nuclear sub sim ever. (imho) . If IV has some spare time on their hands, they should make a new version of it !
Crusader Scott
level2
level2

Postby Crusader Scott » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:35 am

Oddball_uk wrote:been playing LSN for a long time.. played CBM and total war. all good games but LSN is still in my day to day gaming. ps Hi there Scott not seen your name on the LSN forums for a while. :D

LOL! Good to see you over here! :) I'm still playing LSN, but haven't been to the forums in a couple of weeks---no particular reason why. Like the Terminator, "I'll be back." :wink:

Alyssa:

I used to own that OGRE game back on the ol' Atari 1040ST. It was fun! If they could make a decent version for a 1MB computer, imagine what they could do today!

BTW: there is a virtual board game version of OGRE/GEV available here: http://www.sirdinglydang.com/index.html

GO is one of those games I need to learn. Lots of people have told me to check it out, I just have yet to take the time and learn the rules. Too many chess games taking up my time, I suppose.... :D

Weps:

If you liked Red Storm Rising (which was a fantastic game), you will definitely enjoy Dangerous Waters. Check it out at: http://www.scs-dangerouswaters.com/ There are even a number of mods based upon RSR that you can add to the game.
residue
level1
level1

Postby residue » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:24 am

"What difference do you think you can make, one single man in all this madness?"
Oddball_uk
level0

Postby Oddball_uk » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:10 pm

LOL! Good to see you over here! I'm still playing LSN, but haven't been to the forums in a couple of weeks---no particular reason why. Like the Terminator, "I'll be back."

u should check the forums as a number of us are playing Defcon at the mo. we try to have an all LSN game if when can. :D
Pendaran
level0

Postby Pendaran » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:26 pm

World War II Online.
Only "real" massive multiplayer battlefield simulation there is (apart from Planetside perhaps). People love it for immersion, or hate it for complexity and outdated graphics, there's no in-between.
High Command feature has a deep strategical influence on everything,
but needs lots of dedication, teamwork as well as a thick skin to do the job.
Skax459
level1
level1

Postby Skax459 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:08 pm

I can't remember the name of the game, but there is a new PC game where you can do tactical nuke strikes.

Yay widespread destruction!
Rednecksith
level1
level1

Postby Rednecksith » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:18 pm

Was hopelessly addicted to both X-Com: Terror from the Deep and Master of Magic (God I miss Microprose). Got pretty heavily into Starcraft for a while, then moved on to C&C Red Alert 1 and 2 (the last of the good C&C games, IMHO). I've also dabbled in the Total War series, and misc other wargames. Dawn of War was the last RTS I bought before Defcon. Space Orks 4TW!! :D

I really, really, REALLY miss X-Com though. Even though I sucked horribly at it. :shock:
Now, lets us rain some DOOM down upon the FILTHY heads of our DOOMED enemies!
GeneticFreak
level3
level3

Postby GeneticFreak » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:06 am

Why don't anyone mention Europa Universalis?
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:24 am

Pendaran wrote:World War II Online.
Only "real" massive multiplayer battlefield simulation there is (apart from Planetside perhaps). People love it for immersion, or hate it for complexity and outdated graphics, there's no in-between.

I think there is another group who hates it becuase of the sick joke that it was upon it's release, and who have never forgiven them for it.
Pendaran
level0

Postby Pendaran » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:35 pm

Feud wrote:
Pendaran wrote:World War II Online.

I think there is another group who hates it becuase of the sick joke that it was upon it's release, and who have never forgiven them for it.

Sure, that's true. In retrospective it's a miracle how a release like that could ever happen, and an even bigger miracle that CRS and their game still exists after 5 years. However, they have found a niche that until today no major software company tried to fill - and probably wouldn't dare because it's easier to make huge profits with eye candy and less depth. :(
The majority of people on trial won't make it through the first month, who manages to stay for 2-3 months usually gets addicted.
Suremposelve
level1
level1

Re: Do you play other Military Srategy Games ...

Postby Suremposelve » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:35 am

Good day. I don't like war strategy games, I prefer traditional shooters. CS:GO is my favorite game. Inside the game, I have a hobby in the form of collecting skins. Recently, I got everything all csgo knifes and added to my collection all the skins that I dreamed of. It's incredibly cool!

Return to “General”