You know you play too much Defcon when ...

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

82PercentHam
level1
level1

Postby 82PercentHam » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:04 am

... When you start a thread like this, come up with answers like the ones seen here, have a Defcon desktop, ringtone, cell desktop, answering machine message, inspirational posters, "Defcon Remix" songs on iTunes, and Defcon blog. Then, and only then, will you have played too much.
Rock
level2
level2

Postby Rock » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:31 pm

82PercentHam wrote:... When you start a thread like this, come up with answers like the ones seen here, have a Defcon desktop, ringtone, cell desktop, answering machine message, inspirational posters, "Defcon Remix" songs on iTunes, and Defcon blog. Then, and only then, will you have played too much.

Let's see here...got the desktop, the inspirational posters, the Remix songs...do I really have to start a blog, by the way?

~Rock
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:02 pm

82PercentHam wrote:... When you start a thread like this, come up with answers like the ones seen here, have a Defcon desktop, ringtone, cell desktop, answering machine message, inspirational posters, "Defcon Remix" songs on iTunes, and Defcon blog. Then, and only then, will you have played too much.

i all rdy got the start a thread one =)

When you imagie want it would be like to be the commander.

When you dream of defcon.

When you dress up as a nuke for halloween.

When you start makeing a bomb shelter.

When you play a game were host leaves 50% of the time =)
Rock
level2
level2

Postby Rock » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:24 am

Ooh! I've got one.

...when you send a letter to IV mainly consisting of:

Dear people at IV,

DEFCON rocks my head off.

Love, Me.

~Rock
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:10 pm

When you dream about a new Defcon patch, and new sections on the forums opening up. (last night, some weird dreams did I have)
GFree
level1
level1

Postby GFree » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:12 pm

... when you rage quit over the fact that your little bunch of pixels glow a lot more brightly than someone else's bunch of little pixels (ie. being nuked to hell)

Yes, I have a rage quitting problem. :oops:
Nukepooch
level1
level1

Postby Nukepooch » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:35 pm

..when you see planes and subs when you close your eyes in bed at night.

Every night.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:46 pm

When police suspect you of being a terrorist because you're walking around wearing a Defcon tshirt
Little Boy
level1
level1

Postby Little Boy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:55 pm

That sounds as if it wouldn't really leave very much free time for actually playing Defcon
MadSeven
level2
level2

Postby MadSeven » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:19 pm

Siberian Hamster wrote:......when your wife storms in, screams 'I'm going to leave you if you don't get off that damn computer right now!' and all you say is 'hmmm....that's nice, but I prefer the blue one'.

When your girlfriend makes the opening move on fridayafternoon;

...you're not playing tonight are you, I thought we were watching "Crank"? And all you think of is when the next chance will be to get even with Sib...
MadSeven
level2
level2

Postby MadSeven » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:22 pm

Ares106 wrote:
Siberian Hamster wrote:......when your wife storms in, screams 'I'm going to leave you if you don't get off that damn computer right now!' and all you say is 'hmmm....that's nice, but I prefer the blue one'.

That’s brutal. If only women could know how it feels to be so obsessed about a game. Furthermore if only you could somehow get them to enjoy the game as much as you. I mean they are human too; how come you almost never come across a female strategy war gamer is beyond my understanding.

This reminds me of my attempt to get my girlfriend interested in Civ3. After 15 minutes of me trying to explain to her, the basics, she told me she all the sudden got sleepy (mind you it was 5pm) and needed a nap :x . That’s the last time I tried doing something like that and I doubt anyone else succeeded in this. (if you did I would be interested in how :D)

I got my girl hooked on Ultima Online for about 3 years...Played every day, (insiders; Legendary Tamer), for at least 4 hours...
0Avatar0
level1
level1

Postby 0Avatar0 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:40 pm

I got my girl hooked on Ultima Online for about 3 years.....

Is this a good thing? :?
Seems to me like an online analogy to a pimp boasting “I got ma bitchez hooked on crack-cocaine.”
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:03 pm

0Avatar0 wrote:“I got ma bitchez hooked on crack-cocaine.”

Ma bitches never got hooked on nuffin'.
MadSeven
level2
level2

Postby MadSeven » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:51 am

You wonder if it's a good thing? For three years it was quiet, except the occasional "Yay, Artifact", or "Can you come rezz me?"
GeneticFreak
level3
level3

Postby GeneticFreak » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:04 am

You can identify where USA major cities are on a blank map.

Seriously, I haven't been able to before DEFCON.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight

Return to “General”