Hosts that Drop the Game

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

GlassThatRock
level1
level1

Postby GlassThatRock » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:28 pm

If you haven't got time to 'waste' sitting for 30 minutes then why did you start playing at all?

Hosts who drop should be hunted down and have their internet connection hardware shoved firmly up their bunker.
dazDEFCON1
level1
level1

Postby dazDEFCON1 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:29 pm

goddam it just happend to me i was in an aliance with N.A vs south america i was asia anyway we crushed the S.A player and then i launched all silos and all subs at N.A and broke the alliance anyway they started to hit and my score shot to first place with 123 and he had 90 the other guy was on -56 anyway at this point the guy goes c ya and shits the server down :x :x :x
JaguarUSF
level1
level1

Postby JaguarUSF » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:59 pm

When Europe broke the alliance with host Russia, the server shut down b/c Russia was pissed. Hello! It's the point of the game. I was wining as South America at the time.
Rotluchs
level1
level1

Postby Rotluchs » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:07 pm

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE THE SERVER SWITCH TO AN EXISTING PLAYER WHEN THE HOST PUSSYQUITS SO THE REST OF US CAN KEEP PLAYING...

Thank you very much for a beautiful game. I bought 2 keys... one via steam for my main comp and one direct DL from your site for my thumb version to take to work with me. THAT is how much I respect this game! :)

Rotluchs.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:15 pm

Rotluchs wrote:PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE THE SERVER SWITCH TO AN EXISTING PLAYER WHEN THE HOST PUSSYQUITS SO THE REST OF US CAN KEEP PLAYING...

Thank you very much for a beautiful game. I bought 2 keys... one via steam for my main comp and one direct DL from your site for my thumb version to take to work with me. THAT is how much I respect this game! :)

Rotluchs.

This feature has been requested. Rest assured, the folk at IV are aware that we want it. It can't possibly come before the first patch, so be patient. Wait for it. If it doesn't appear in the first patch, then you can whine a bit more.

xander
Rotluchs
level1
level1

Postby Rotluchs » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:20 pm

xander wrote:
Rotluchs wrote:PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE THE SERVER SWITCH TO AN EXISTING PLAYER WHEN THE HOST PUSSYQUITS SO THE REST OF US CAN KEEP PLAYING...

Rotluchs.

This feature has been requested. Rest assured, the folk at IV are aware that we want it. It can't possibly come before the first patch, so be patient. Wait for it. If it doesn't appear in the first patch, then you can whine a bit more.

xander

Buh-leave me im not whining... just voicing my support for the idea. I didnt start playing computer games yesterday and know full well how long it could take... Im merely expressing my support for the idea, not whining because it hasnt happened yet. Pretty sure thats what forums are for. K thanks.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:28 pm

Rotluchs wrote:Buh-leave me im not whining... just voicing my support for the idea. I didnt start playing computer games yesterday and know full well how long it could take... Im merely expressing my support for the idea, not whining because it hasnt happened yet. Pretty sure thats what forums are for. K thanks.

Okay, shouting? Capital letters == shouting and/or whining. I am sorry to have implied that you where whining if you weren't, but the all caps made it a bit ambiguous.

xander
Oppenheimer
level1
level1

Postby Oppenheimer » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:31 pm

Well I've just played my fifth game this evening - the first that actually went to completion ( awesome game as well, kudos to Scallywag [my 'ally'] for an excellent backstab on me ). Played four games before that, one shut down really early, but the other three were shut down as soon as it was clear I had the advantage. One guy actually typed 'get the hell out of my server' in chat before shutting it down.

To date, I have not finished a one on one in normal mode, although I have been raped a couple of times in speed defcon. I find i'm much more likely to get a full game with multiple players, although one or two will invariably drop.

Oh if Lionel Mandrake is reading this by any chance, sorry about the match the other day, my connection went tits up, was just getting interesting.
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:13 am

I have yet to leave a game I have hosted because i was killed i was simpley saying somethings a game can go on longer then the host inteaded which sometimes happens to me when i play warcraft3.

So you really cant blame me yet i. Also snice this is a net game sometimes the host can crash so try to find out before you flame them

What i really hate seeing and which has happend to me in some of my hosting games
is that people leave even thogh the cpu pwns you really cant makes plans with it then back stab it latter in the game.
:roll: :roll:

Return to “General”