General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

MarkyX
level1
level1

RANT - Too many dumb players

Postby MarkyX » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:32 am

Just want to rant a bit for a moment.

It seems DEFCON is plagued with too many morons who don't understand the concept of "scoring the most points". Every game I have played where every other idiot an alliance, they seem to do their best by acting like degenerate morons in a collective mindset.

Here's a tip for anyone new to the game: Every default game has 100 million population for each player. When trying to score points, use the STATS to determine who has the most people surviving. Odds that the person in first place is the same person with the least deaths. More deaths = more points for you, lost points for the victim.

But it's not like this in every game I've been. Last game I was alone versus a three allied people and two allied players. I was africa, and anyone who has played Africa knows you are going to be attacked by EVERYONE from all sides in the beginning.

Blue was Europe, Russia, and Asia. Yellow was South America and North America. I was Orange.

Despite being attacked by everyone, I somehow still managed to be in second place by creating a new parking lot on India and the southern area of South America.

I even whispered to the guy who ran North America to backstab SA at the moment. Why? He had the least deaths and wouldn't really expect it.

Guess what? The idiot doesn't do it and gets backstabbed by SA moments later. More points for the guy in first place. Europe and Russia are blown up by the SA guy also. As for me, I'm still second, despite my 20 million survivors left and still managing to make the southern hemisphere into a nuclear winter wasteland.

This is the part that annoys me. Despite only having 20 million players, and SA still winning by nearly triple my score (and 32 million deaths), the moronic blue alliance strikes Africa.

Let's do the math here for a moment:

20 million = 40 points, I lose 20 points. Divide 40 between 3 guys = 13 points.

68 million = 136 points, SA loses 68 points. Divide 136 between 3 guys = 45 points.

Not exactly great math, but am I the only one who sees this as rather stupid? You have THREE countries by your side, and if they asked, I would've ceased fire with them just to get to SA. Instead, they go after the one with the lowest population, all 3 at once...for 40 points?

It just seems DEFCON relies too much on other players instead of individual tactics. Usually it's because of stupid players that people win, not because one of them was "a better player"

Anyone else feeling this trend?
Kinping
level1
level1

Postby Kinping » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:45 am

I think you should...
STOP WHINING!

It doesn't matter. Everybody dies anyway... People will figure it out how to play and how to get better. Just wait a couple of weeks. Until then - you might want to play something more "challenging" for you...
True Blue
level2
level2

Postby True Blue » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:49 am

So you're annoyed another player didn't listen to you and help you win? :?
"War. War never changes." - Fallout Narrator
MarkyX
level1
level1

Postby MarkyX » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:57 am

True Blue wrote:So you're annoyed another player didn't listen to you and help you win? :?

I'm annoyed because apparently, DEFCON players failed math. The point of the game is to get in 1st place, but yet they seem to believe that three countries attacking an already dead target (who was still second, for some strange reason) would somehow make them win. Heck, if the players were any decent, I probably would've been last after the beating I took. However, despite that it was three against 1, I somehow came in second.

The only reason why SA even won is because the players were too stupid to attack it. The ally should've backstabbed, but didn't and got his just desserts. A three player alliance thinks they can divide 40 points amongst themselves and win the game.

Like I said, too many dumb players in this game.
Aim Here
level0

Diplomacy failure

Postby Aim Here » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:01 am

Well the player you're complaining about might be a bit slow on the uptake, but you seem to have failed bigstyle at in-game diplomacy yourself. Not only did you fail to ally with anyone and get toasted from all sides, you couldn't even convince a moron (your words, not mine) to nuke someone other than you when it was clearly in his best interests to do so.

Try playing some Sissyfight until you've mastered the art of not alienating everyone you meet ingame...
MarkyX
level1
level1

Re: Diplomacy failure

Postby MarkyX » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:04 am

Aim Here wrote:Well the player you're complaining about might be a bit slow on the uptake, but you seem to have failed bigstyle at in-game diplomacy yourself. Not only did you fail to ally with anyone and get toasted from all sides, you couldn't even convince a moron (your words, not mine) to nuke someone other than you when it was clearly in his best interests to do so.

Try playing some Sissyfight until you've mastered the art of not alienating everyone you meet ingame...

I didn't want an alliance, mainly so I don't share my radar. Tell me this: How does a lone wolf who faced off against everyone else who was allied came second? If I "suck", how would you describe the 4 below me?
N0ught
level3
level3

Postby N0ught » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:07 am

Welcome to Planet Earth!

We will be doing everything we can to make your stay an unpleasant one - and if you don't like it then get the fuck off our planet!

Have a nice day! :D

(:lol:)
Bamelin
level2
level2

Re: RANT - Too many dumb players

Postby Bamelin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:10 am

MarkyX wrote:I'm a crybaby
True Blue
level2
level2

Postby True Blue » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:23 am

Thats going a bit too far Bamelin. :?
"War. War never changes." - Fallout Narrator
Yonder
level1
level1

Postby Yonder » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:01 am

Man the people in this forum are really brutal.

I think that as the game gets older people will be better at doing things in their best interests and realizing what makes good strategic sense.

There are other things than points to consider though. You asked the question of how we thought that you came off of a 2v3v1 in second place. It's probably because you are pretty good, it's probably because you killed a lot of people. There were probably a lot of people angry at you. There were probably some people, some confused misguided people, that wanted nothing more than to cause you pain and wipe Africa off of the face of the earth, even though they would lose 30 points in the process.
Bamelin
level2
level2

Postby Bamelin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:14 am

True Blue wrote:Thats going a bit too far Bamelin. :?

Honestly man, this is the 2nd thread he's created that are essentially "poor me!, it's not fair, the game is too hard, everyone is stupid, this feature sucks, boo hoo, whaaa" fests.
Bamelin
level2
level2

Postby Bamelin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:18 am

And MarkyX ...

Nobody cares about your stupid mathamatical equations about why it's smarter to nuke so and so. People nuke who they want to nuke for reasons of revenge, sometimes just to ruin somebody else's day. I can say with 100% certainty that if we ever find ourselves in a game together my sole purpose in the game will be to throw my entire arsenal at you ensuring we both lose horribly. And you know what? As long as YOU lose I'll count it a victory for me/

How's that for strategy? :D
MarkyX
level1
level1

Postby MarkyX » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:19 am

Bamelin wrote:And MarkyX ...

Nobody cares about your stupid mathamatical equations about why it's smarter to nuke so and so. People nuke who they want to nuke for reasons of revenge, sometimes just to ruin somebody else's day. I can say with 100% certainty that if we ever find ourselves in a game together my sole purpose in the game will be to throw my entire arsenal at you ensuring we both lose horribly. And you know what? As long as YOU lose I'll count it a victory for me/

It's crap, but I can tell you wouldn't stand a chance against me unless you were europe.
Bamelin
level2
level2

Postby Bamelin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:23 am

MarkyX wrote:

It's crap, but I can tell you wouldn't stand a chance against me unless you were europe.

lol I'm assuming you think Europe is "ERUPOPS NOT FAIR!"

It's easy to take out Europe.
MarkyX
level1
level1

Postby MarkyX » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:27 am

Bamelin wrote:
MarkyX wrote:

lol I'm assuming you think Europe is "ERUPOPS NOT FAIR!"

It's easy to take out Europe.

Again, that depends on how dumb the players are :lol:

Europe is easy to take down, with multiple people attacking it or the owner of Europe is stupid enough to let subs chill on the British Coastline.

I've only played with Europe once and it seems a heck of a lot easier than any other region, despite increased "hostility"

Return to “General”