improvement: ETA for impact .... flight patch projection

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Snak
level1
level1

Postby Snak » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:54 pm

Zarkow wrote:
Snak wrote:I think that ETA timers would entirely be a convience and that most people probably would not use them after a week or so of play because they have gotten a feel for it.

Thank you for pointing out the best reason not to implement them then.

So now you've changed your opinion from ETA timers will hurt "the last 20% of skill-training that only highly experienced players would use and end up using in high level tournaments" to "ETA timers don't even help noobs enough to be implemented?" make up your mind as to why you hate the idea so much!

edit: I'm really not trying to be confrontational, I just really believe that this change will not aversly effect gameplay in any way. As I said and you agreed, this change will probably be irrelevent after you get a firm handle on the game, so why not give it to the people who want it? I think it would be a very nice touch of completion.
Zarkow
level4
level4

Postby Zarkow » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:38 am

Snak wrote:
Zarkow wrote:
Snak wrote:I think that ETA timers would entirely be a convience and that most people probably would not use them after a week or so of play because they have gotten a feel for it.

Thank you for pointing out the best reason not to implement them then.

So now you've changed your opinion from ETA timers will hurt "the last 20% of skill-training that only highly experienced players would use and end up using in high level tournaments" to "ETA timers don't even help noobs enough to be implemented?" make up your mind as to why you hate the idea so much!

edit: I'm really not trying to be confrontational, I just really believe that this change will not aversly effect gameplay in any way. As I said and you agreed, this change will probably be irrelevent after you get a firm handle on the game, so why not give it to the people who want it? I think it would be a very nice touch of completion.

You the one that have changed your mind, your trying to both have and eat the cake.

And if you want to think up more reasons for not implementing it, in your world, then be my guest.

I just thought it was funny that you yourself write that it wouldn't be used that much, hence, and this is why that part was quoted since you clearly didn't get the point, implementing it would be a waste of IVs time. You have to realise that they are very few people. And less coders then few.

If you want him to work on things that, by your own admission, won't be used by anyone but beginners, and not work on more important fixes and tweaks, then you are either selfish or...well, I'm gonna let you think that one out for yourself.

My point still stands that anything that reduces the 'skill-tree' is a bad thing.

Return to “General”