"I Like Missile Arcs The Way They Are" Thread

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Bas
level2
level2

Postby Bas » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:20 am

They need fixing. Imagine this:

Three players, one Africa, one Asia, one Russia. All enemies. Asia would try to hit a city on the south of Africa. You would think that since the target is on the southern hemisphere, the missles would arc downwards on the map (like KuBi4K posted, but in reverse). Instead, they go over Russia, which means Russia gets a billion potshots at the nukes before they even enter Africa, to get shot at again. Countries on the northern hemisphere don't suffer from this.
malfunkt
level0

Postby malfunkt » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:23 am

LordSturm wrote:, a simple fix would be giving the missile a 3 dimensional range, where it can't be attacked until it is halfway through decent.

Now that makes sense.

Having fired missles from South Africa over Europe I think this might help.
True Blue
level2
level2

Postby True Blue » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:27 am

Bas wrote:They need fixing. Imagine this:

Three players, one Africa, one Asia, one Russia. All enemies. Asia would try to hit a city on the south of Africa. You would think that since the target is on the southern hemisphere, the missles would arc downwards on the map (like KuBi4K posted, but in reverse). Instead, they go over Russia, which means Russia gets a billion potshots at the nukes before they even enter Africa, to get shot at again. Countries on the northern hemisphere don't suffer from this.

Simple, don't use your silos on Africa then, save them for Russia. Or perhaps request that Russia temporarily cease fires with you so you can nuke Africa (then send half the nukes to Russia if the fool actually agrees!)

Use your naval forces positioned in the Indian Ocean to strike Africa.

malfunkt wrote:
LordSturm wrote:, a simple fix would be giving the missile a 3 dimensional range, where it can't be attacked until it is halfway through decent.

Now that makes sense.

Having fired missles from South Africa over Europe I think this might help.

I think that would be bad. It would make bomber and sub launched nuke MUCH harder to intercept, as well as silo launched nukes fired at close ranged (such as from East Europe to Moscow or Mexico to southern US or North China to south-central Russia and vice versa).
"War. War never changes." - Fallout Narrator
Lionel Mandrake
level2
level2

Postby Lionel Mandrake » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:44 am

Ah, but surely bomber and submarine-launched nuclear warheads would not achieve the required height to be untargetable, nor would close-range silo-launched ones?

Return to “General”