Connection - Synchronization

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Moleculor
level2
level2

Connection - Synchronization

Postby Moleculor » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:52 pm

When connecting to a game already in progress, my DEFCON seems to take 2xRealTime * (The time that has currently passed in game) to connect, then about 20 seconds to sync up.

This annoyed me one time, so I just tried closing the window showing the progress, because I could hear the chat going on in the background.

This suddenly revealed the history of the game! A replay feature, practically!

So why isn't this visible when connecting to the server, with the progress bars off to the side, rather than the whole thing being hidden? This seems... odd.
GeneticFreak
level3
level3

Postby GeneticFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:06 pm

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=1990

Apparently whenever connecting as spectator / reconnecting to a game in progress this game CANT simply load "current state" it has to "Recieve" some "logs" from the server that plays out the game in a fast forward mode. Annoying.
Moleculor
level2
level2

Postby Moleculor » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:09 pm

If spectating, it's not terribly annoying, and I can understand why it might have to load up the logs (and I understood that was what was happening). My only question is why it doesn't show the replay of the game by default? All it shows on mine is a black screen unless I close the window with the progress bars.

Return to “General”