Soundtrack Singer

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

N0ught
level3
level3

Soundtrack Singer

Postby N0ught » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:04 am

On part of the soundtrack to Defcon there is a woman singing faintly - I swear to god it is the same woman who sings the intro to the first season of Ghost in the Shell (maybe the second season too - I'm not sure).

I know the composer for that music is Kenji Kawai - but I am uncertain if Kenji is the one singing (Kenji is a man's name right?). I haven't done much research on it.

This is an interesting correlation, because of the promotional stunt Introversion perpetrated involving a demo based on Ghost in the Shell's "Laughing Man" virus (which wasn't a virus, but anyway...) and a "viral" website redirection to the page where it could be downloaded.

Any thoughts on this? :?
skilletaudio
level1
level1

Postby skilletaudio » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:06 am

I'll have to go over the music with a fine toothed comb to be sure, but by and large the choral sounds in the music strike me as being sample/synth based. THere are some wonderful sample library choirs out there nowadays.
Legion303
level1
level1

Postby Legion303 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:56 am

The composer for GitS was Yoko Kanno with Origa, and some Russian woman on vocals. What was the Laughing Man promoptional stunt IV did?

-steve

Return to “General”