This game needs a drawing tool?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

zeke_stone
level0

This game needs a drawing tool?

Postby zeke_stone » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:59 am

Having played this brilliant game a few times now, i think there should be a better way to coordinate attacks, like the inclusion of a drawing tool, nothing too fancy just a palette with different colours, an eraser and a pencil like you would get in paint, this tool would be useful for illustrating team strategies, such as showing your friendly members where to send subs or ships, or even which target to attack in order to maximise the odds of a hit and damage. The alliance chat is pretty good but a picture speaks a thousand words. Using both chat and this illustrator tool would be benefit team work. What do you guys think?
Last edited by zeke_stone on Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
crowleyhammer
level1
level1

Postby crowleyhammer » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:25 am

this actually sounds like a good idea,i dont think you would need anything except an red marker pen sort of thing,and then once u click off team chat it erases itself.
What will you do when your the strongest?
Perhaps it is not my place to ask,
or perhaps i already know.
rowenlemmings
level1
level1

Postby rowenlemmings » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:54 am

that DOES sound like a good idea....

+1 for originality too. I know Guild Wars will allow you to write on the minimap, but there's nothing like this in an RTS.

Hope it goes through.
=- Rowen
=-
=- || No, I won't fix your computer.
DieHard
level0

Postby DieHard » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:58 am

Well, in WC TFT, you can send pinging signal at some point, just by clicking on mini map.
Considering this game is super-sized mini-map, all you need is a button/tool to send ping at
specific part of map. In WC TFT it is done by pressing ALT+right click on any point of map.
kawsper
level1
level1

Postby kawsper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:54 am

rowenlemmings wrote:that DOES sound like a good idea....

+1 for originality too. I know Guild Wars will allow you to write on the minimap, but there's nothing like this in an RTS.

Hope it goes through.

Well, Savage: The battle for newerth also have it.
Alagos
level1
level1

Postby Alagos » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:56 am

I would vote for that as well, that would be great on the screen ;).
Rotluchs
level1
level1

Postby Rotluchs » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:01 am

I say a drawing tool, or even some pre-rendered arrows/insignia/symbols/etc... that you could click/drag to the map and place for your teammates...

Arrows, attack icons, defense icons, etc...

All just IMHO.
Secretpact
level1
level1

Postby Secretpact » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:22 am

rowenlemmings wrote:

I'm not sure but either age of empires or empire earth has flares that you use to signal to your allied players (attack here, move here, etc). And civilization also I think... I sold my game years ago so I don't remember exactly.
daset
level3
level3

Postby daset » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:31 pm

Yes, a drawing layer would be excellent as one of the in-game modes. Signs and/or designations would be good, but mainly drawing would increase the tactical value of the game so much more.
SuperGURU
level1
level1

Postby SuperGURU » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:34 pm

Secretpact wrote:
rowenlemmings wrote:

I'm not sure but either age of empires or empire earth has flares that you use to signal to your allied players (attack here, move here, etc). And civilization also I think... I sold my game years ago so I don't remember exactly.

Empire Earth had a war map or something like that, where you could make arrows etc. and send the "masterplan" to your allies :)

Return to “General”