The timer?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

BoKeRoN
level1
level1
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:46 pm
Location: Málaga (Spain)
Contact:

Postby BoKeRoN » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:00 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
Pyrostasis wrote:oh snap... you mean... defcon isnt really a game at all, simple a front to get us to donate money so IV can build their nuclear arsenal and destroy us all?!

Damnit... I wanted to play the game... :(


Actually it's a front for IV to work out the best nuclear war stratagy. We play a "game", but in reality we're building a database of nuke movements. Then IV will hijack some nukes and will return the world to British Empire rule. I know Mark would be very happy to do this :)

NeoThermic


I was pretty sure of this from the begining!!! Brits are coming!!! I will start building my bunker and getting guns to fight you back!!! Sure Gibraltar has a nuclear silo to crush Spain, but we will resist...!!!

...
...
...

Man, i really need this game... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
WNivek
level2
level2
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:01 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA From liquid death to cinnamon toast!
Contact:

Postby WNivek » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:02 pm

I'm on currently EDT (GMT-4), and just worked out the time being counted down to. Unless there was an error in my calculation, the clock is counting down to 2pm EDT, which is 6pm GMT. The clock is accurate.

Note that there had previously been an error in my calculation - I had forgotten that I was indeed on EDT, and not EST. Neglecting to take Daylight Savings Time into account, it appears to be 7pm. But that is not the case.

Glad I cought that before posting. :P
User avatar
Phelanpt
level5
level5
Posts: 1837
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:20 am
Location: Portugal

Postby Phelanpt » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:53 pm

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

I think I've posted this link on three other time related threads already...Am I a "spammy git", as defined by forum lingo? :p
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:01 pm

Phelanpt wrote:http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

I think I've posted this link on three other time related threads already...Am I a "spammy git", as defined by forum lingo? :p


With a post count in the sixties? Not quite. :P
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Liam079
level1
level1
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:35 pm

Postby Liam079 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:07 pm

Doesn't really matter to me, I'm at work till 9pm tomorrow.
rowenlemmings
level1
level1
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:10 am
Location: Eugene, OR
Contact:

Postby rowenlemmings » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:26 pm

Grrrr, I hate Daylight Savings Time...

I was planning on getting the game at the nice, early hour of 10:00am and getting to play it all day, but now I have to wait another hour which means in the middle of class ><

ah well, -0700 ftl.
=- Rowen
=-
=- || No, I won't fix your computer.
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:15 pm

BoKeRoN wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:
Pyrostasis wrote:oh snap... you mean... defcon isnt really a game at all, simple a front to get us to donate money so IV can build their nuclear arsenal and destroy us all?!

Damnit... I wanted to play the game... :(


Actually it's a front for IV to work out the best nuclear war stratagy. We play a "game", but in reality we're building a database of nuke movements. Then IV will hijack some nukes and will return the world to British Empire rule. I know Mark would be very happy to do this :)

NeoThermic


I was pretty sure of this from the begining!!! Brits are coming!!! I will start building my bunker and getting guns to fight you back!!! Sure Gibraltar has a nuclear silo to crush Spain, but we will resist...!!!

...
...
...

Man, i really need this game... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


Nothing can stop the Birtish Empire! Muhahahahaha!

NeoThermic
User avatar
nikeplektrum
level1
level1
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:25 pm

Postby nikeplektrum » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:21 pm

im in GMT+1 (sweden) but its DST and thta means UK is acutally GMT+1 now and I´m GMT+2

GMT never changes
User avatar
Phelanpt
level5
level5
Posts: 1837
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:20 am
Location: Portugal

Postby Phelanpt » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:38 am

Hmm, weird, opened the flash timer, and saw Defcon 1. Now it's gone.
The timer no longer counted down, instead the letters "BUY DEFCON" appeared.

Made me jump for the Introversion store. :P

A glitch in the server? :roll:
Bamelin
level2
level2
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:10 am

Postby Bamelin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:39 am

Could mean an early release ?! :D
User avatar
Phelanpt
level5
level5
Posts: 1837
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:20 am
Location: Portugal

Postby Phelanpt » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:51 am

Phelanpt wrote:Hmm, weird, opened the flash timer, and saw Defcon 1. Now it's gone.
The timer no longer counted down, instead the letters "BUY DEFCON" appeared.

Made me jump for the Introversion store. :P

A glitch in the server? :roll:


Haven't checked the store, but I don't think so.
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:28 am

It's programmed to flash subliminal messages at random times ;)

NeoThermic
User avatar
Keithustus
level1
level1
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby Keithustus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:03 pm

The clock is on everybody-dies.com, but the store is a different website. The store says, "Please note: Defcon will be available for download from 6:00pm GMT on 29th September." I'm at GMT-5 (east coast, USA). So the clock on everybody-dies says 2pm, but the store says 1pm. From which server do you think the file will be available?
User avatar
BiG D
level2
level2
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:14 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Postby BiG D » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:19 pm

You're in DST right now, so you're actually GMT -4. Release is 6PM GMT. Like the site says.
User avatar
Keithustus
level1
level1
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby Keithustus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:49 pm

I keep checking my systray clock and it keeps saying I'm in "GMT - 5:00" and that the current time is...that it will be available an hour before the timer would have me believe.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests