Fallout shelter to play Defcon in!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Tookie
level2
level2

Fallout shelter to play Defcon in!

Postby Tookie » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:41 pm

I've been thinking about taking some old materials and building an enclosure around my Computer Desk. There would be no lights inside.. just the glow of Blue from my computer screen. I would bring some bottled water, some leftover MREs that I still have laying around, a bucket for waste, and Just play Defcon all weekend in my "Bunker".......

Girlfriend is leaving town for the weekend and I'm "FREE" to play Defcon as much as I want all weekend! LOL
"Trust is a tough thing to come by"
- R.J. Macready
Traece
level1
level1

Postby Traece » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:45 pm

They should have a small Introversion Convention or something in an abandoned fallout shelter and we can have a Defcon Lan Party inside this old fallout shelter. Get the picture?

Good idea Tookie.
Napalm Sushi
level2
level2

Postby Napalm Sushi » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:52 pm

Just make sure to dispose of that bucket before she gets back, for the sake of all that's good and sacred in the world.
STOKE-ON-TRENT HIT: NO-ONE IMPORTANT DEAD
Traece
level1
level1

Postby Traece » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:56 pm

Nah... Crack the front door open and prop it ontop so it falls on her when she enters the house.(Or the basement. <_<)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:03 pm

Traece wrote:Nah... Crack the front door open and prop it ontop so it falls on her when she enters the house.(Or the basement. <_<)

There is a line. You crossed it. No, wait. Not only did you cross it, you took a running leap across it. No, scratch that. You strapped a pair of hydrogen rockets to your back, and vaulted well beyond the line. The line is so far behind you that it would take years to get back to it.

xander
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:06 pm

Traece wrote:Nah... Crack the front door open and prop it ontop so it falls on her when she enters the house.(Or the basement. <_<)

You're single, aren't you?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
the_redstar_swl
level2
level2
Location: Bravo, Five, Delta, Authenticate Launch Codes: Zulu, Oscar, Delta, Nine, Fiver, Three, Gamma...

Postby the_redstar_swl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:12 pm

Traece wrote:They should have a small Introversion Convention or something in an abandoned fallout shelter and we can have a Defcon Lan Party inside this old fallout shelter. Get the picture?

Good idea Tookie.

Like that one CSI episode with the cult!
Tookie
level2
level2

Postby Tookie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:28 am

Napalm Sushi wrote:Just make sure to dispose of that bucket before she gets back, for the sake of all that's good and sacred in the world.

You better belive it. Otherwise she would dump the bucket on my head! :oops:

- R.J. Macready
Tookie
level2
level2

Postby Tookie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:28 am

Traece wrote:They should have a small Introversion Convention or something in an abandoned fallout shelter and we can have a Defcon Lan Party inside this old fallout shelter. Get the picture?

Good idea Tookie.

Yea I really like that idea I would go for a day!

- R.J. Macready
JaguarUSF
level1
level1

Postby JaguarUSF » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:40 am

Homer: "All I'm gonna use this bed for is sleeping, eating, and maybe building a little fort."
Baelthazar
level2
level2

Re: Fallout shelter to play Defcon in!

Postby Baelthazar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:13 am

Tookie wrote: ...some leftover MREs that I still have laying around

I'm not sure why, but the waste bucket doesn't scare me near as much as the fact that you have MRE's laying around. First, from reports I have heard, those things taste like warmed up plastic. Second... why do you have leftover MREs? Are you/were you in the military... or are you a member of some radical para-military group.

If the answer is para-military group... I'm not sure I want you "training" how to deploy nukes by playing Defcon. :P

Baelthazar :twisted:
xander
level5
level5

Re: Fallout shelter to play Defcon in!

Postby xander » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:15 am

Baelthazar wrote:
Tookie wrote: ...some leftover MREs that I still have laying around

I'm not sure why, but the waste bucket doesn't scare me near as much as the fact that you have MRE's laying around. First, from reports I have heard, those things taste like warmed up plastic. Second... why do you have leftover MREs? Are you/were you in the military... or are you a member of some radical para-military group.

If the answer is para-military group... I'm not sure I want you "training" how to deploy nukes by playing Defcon. :P

First, MREs can be found in Army Surplus stores, and are used by most federal and state firefighting organizations when fighting wild fires. they are not hard to get ahold of.

Second, they really aren't that bad. Anything with rice in it should be avoided, but most of them are not so bad.

xander
Nukemaster
level2
level2

Postby Nukemaster » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:17 am

If there is something called crossing the line. What you are talking about is borderline insanity. Just sit on you couch and play the game.
Is it god or is it man that causes the pain and hurt in the world-
Thats an Isaac
Baelthazar
level2
level2

Postby Baelthazar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:24 am

LOL, the firefighter's here in New York use MREs. As in... a couple of the team literally park a giant truck in front of our tiny grocery store, buy loads of food, and by the time the other boys get back to the station the Meal is Ready to Eat!

As to them not being too bad... the very fact that any person not in a combat/emergency situation would buy them and eat them for nutritional purposes is a tad humorous to me. I mean, have you ever tried pizza? It tastes good, its warm, its cheap, and better yet... they bring it to you! :shock: And its perfect for playing computer and eating! :P

Seriously though, I have always been fascinated by the MREs ability to heat itself up. They still have those right? The one's my buddy used to talk about had some packet, like those winter hand warmers, that "warmed" the food before eating. And do they still contain two cigarettes in them?

My buddy said the "normal" meals for the army can be much worse. Like the yellow "egg" powder they mix for breakfast and served the troops in Iraq. Nothing kick-starts your day like scrambled egg powder with a side of sand.

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:33 am

Baelthazar wrote:LOL, the firefighter's here in New York use MREs. As in... a couple of the team literally park a giant truck in front of our tiny grocery store, buy loads of food, and by the time the other boys get back to the station the Meal is Ready to Eat!

You seem to be under the impression that MRE stands for Meals Ready to Eat. You are incorrect. It stands for Meals Rejected by Ethiopia.

Baelthazar wrote:As to them not being too bad... the very fact that any person not in a combat/emergency situation would buy them and eat them for nutritional purposes is a tad humorous to me. I mean, have you ever tried pizza? It tastes good, its warm, its cheap, and better yet... they bring it to you! :shock: And its perfect for playing computer and eating! :P

And fighting wild fires is not an emergency situation?

Baelthazar wrote:Seriously though, I have always been fascinated by the MREs ability to heat itself up. They still have those right? The one's my buddy used to talk about had some packet, like those winter hand warmers, that "warmed" the food before eating. And do they still contain two cigarettes in them?

No cigarettes, but most of them contain two pieces of gum. Many also contain a 1/2 oz container of tobasco sauce. And, yes, they are self heating. The food is kept in a sealed pouch. Another pouch contains chemicals that react exothermically with H2O. Add water to the second pouch, put the first pouch into the second pouch, and wait about five minutes for a hot meal. It is rather nifty.

xander

Return to “General”