Anyone else bummed?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:34 am

Whenever Necrons lost thier wounds on Tabletop they 'went down', not dying necissarily. At the beginning of the Necron turn the Necron player can roll for each downed Necron, and on a certain result the necron gets back up with one wound remaining. Necron Lords with ressurection orbs, and Tom spyders, enhance this ability.

In DoW apparently Necrons can get back up, and Necron Lords have the orbs as equipment I think.

And if you ever want to see an intimidating tabletop manual, go hunt down Starfleet battles. In an effort to be the best starship simulator ever, the creators of this Startrek game created a monstrosity of rules and additions that have been equated to the U.S. IRS tax code index. Having seen just the BASIC rulebook, I can tell you that the warhammer book is SIMPLE in comparison.

Of course, this is only the BASIC rules, since the huge rulebook you probably saw is the hard-backed version with larger text and filled with fluff information. The starter sets (battle for McCragge) come with a postcard-sized rulebook that IS thick, but contains mostly rules and little fluff. Most of the race-specific rules can be found in special books called Codexes, which have all the options and special rules for the particular side you're playing.

Most of the GW rulebooks are filled with background erretta, anyway, and one reason why I'm less interested in DoW now is because of Games Workshop's buisness practicies. For a pewter figure an inch and a half high, they're charing 12 usd. Large tanks cost around $60 usd. I won't get into the forgeworld models, which are high in quality and in price. Gw also discontinued their better games to focus on the principle three (Warhammer, Warhammer 40K, and Lord of the Rings.)

Dark Crusade coincides with the re-release of the Eldar miniatures, which include the return of the Harlequins (the new unit in D.C. for the Eldar), among other things. There's a play between Relic and GW of what to release/show and what not to release/show for this reason.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:08 am

I think, that with all this talk about various games, you have all forgotten something very important. That is,

PARANOIA FTW!

xander
the_redstar_swl
level2
level2
Location: Bravo, Five, Delta, Authenticate Launch Codes: Zulu, Oscar, Delta, Nine, Fiver, Three, Gamma...

Postby the_redstar_swl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:36 am

xander wrote:I think, that with all this talk about various games, you have all forgotten something very important. That is,

PARANOIA FTW!

xander

Do you have clearance to post that, Infrared?
Behrditz
level1
level1

Postby Behrditz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:10 am

xander wrote:I think, that with all this talk about various games, you have all forgotten something very important. That is,

PARANOIA FTW!

xander

.......who told you this?
Ruges
level2
level2

Postby Ruges » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:34 am

Just Finished CoH so this will not be a problem for me.
Ruges
Guild leader of HoD
Bas
level2
level2

Re: Anyone else bummed?

Postby Bas » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:02 pm

Nukemaster wrote:
Bas wrote:Both Defcon AND Company Of Heroes ship this Friday in Europe. I want to play both, but there's only one me. Bleh. Please Introversion, delay Defcon! This way, I can play some Company Of Heroes, which scored a perfect 10 on Eurogamer, before proceeding to nuke the entire world ("Thanks for saving the world from Nazis, now blow it up!".
You are a selfish SOB! Good job just thinking about yourself. I dont think anyone here cares that you need to play both games so we should delay defcon? man give to some charity or something. Oh and thanks for buying company of heros (i own THQ stock)

I'm thinking of all poor Europeans who want both games. And how much does THQ stock go for these days?
the_redstar_swl
level2
level2
Location: Bravo, Five, Delta, Authenticate Launch Codes: Zulu, Oscar, Delta, Nine, Fiver, Three, Gamma...

Postby the_redstar_swl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:18 pm

Behrditz wrote:yeah warhammer is insane. I saw a friend bring the instruction book to school once, its was like.....12 x 10 x 6 inches. A freakin brick-o-knowledge.

Ya big sissy, Thats nothing.

From left to right:
Darwin's World 2nd Edition.
Spycraft 2.0.
d20 Modern.
Menace Manual. (d20 modern baddies)
d20 Past.
The Starship Troopers RPG, Pocket Edition.
Savage Worlds.
Shadowrun 4E.
Deluxe Revised RECON.
The Compendium of Contemporary Weapons.
Systems Failure.
RIFTS World Books 1 (Vampire Kingdoms), 23 (The Xiticix Invasion) and 20 (Canada).
RIFTS Sourcebook 4 (The Coalition Navy).
RIFTS Chaos Earth.
RIFTS World book 11 (The Coalition War Campaign) and 5 (Triax and the New German Republic).
The RIFTS Ultimate Edition core book.
The three core D&D 3.5 books (DMs guide, Players guide and the Monster manual)
Some old AD&D books.
A couple of free RPGs I got online.

The reason I have so much RIFTS stuff is that its cheap, $15-20 for a good sized book!
And yes, That is the Zombie Survival Guide up there with the manga.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:00 am

PARANOIA FTW!

xander

Seems quite interesting. :D
chahyunun
level0

Postby chahyunun » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:43 am

I'm very disappointed in COH as it stops at semi-realastic and created to have mindless fun. So if ur waiting for Coh and defcon it's stupid enough to get Coh first as defcon just rocks.

P.S. and if u would like some tactical WW2 game, try soldiers:Heroes of WW2 or Faces of War

Defcon ROCKS

Return to “General”