My dilemma...help

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:37 am

daset wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:I only found out where you were by accident ;) In my logs an access that correlated with your post DNS'ed into a hostmask with <insert your state here> in it, and I put two and two together to hopefully get four ;)

That totally went over my head. Don't bother explaining it to me, because, well... okay go ahead if you feel like it. Heh, I can program just fine, but I am lost in any other aspect of computer use.

Ok, ignoring UTC offset, my server's logs are 20 mins out. You made the quoted post, and it is post ID 1569. So, I can check my logs to see who made an access from a Mac machine first. (Since the clue you gave was the fact that you're on a Mac machine on the internet)

The only lines that match these criteria are these:

Code: Select all

204.x.x.x - - [29/Apr/2006:17:23:47 -0500] "GET /DarwiniaSig.png HTTP/1.1" 301 336 "http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?p=1569" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/312.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/100.1"
204.x.x.x - - [29/Apr/2006:17:23:48 -0500] "GET /DarwiniaSigRand.php HTTP/1.1" 200 7813 "http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?p=1569" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/312.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/100.1"

I've censored the IP's so people can't DNS them and get your state. Thats how :P

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:43 am

NeoThermic wrote:--==<snipity>==--

Oh! Oh! Do me next!

xander
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:50 am

xander wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:--==<snipity>==--

Oh! Oh! Do me next!

xander

Please, no! My hosts have not fixed the log error, so I've gotta download about 100MB of logs just to cut it down to April only :\

NeoThermic
daset
level3
level3

Postby daset » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:04 am

Oooo...

I didn't know you could get state from IP. So cool...

Have the sudden urge to play Uplink...
Gravitron
level3
level3

Postby Gravitron » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:23 am

DNS can go both ways.

Now, I'm wondering where it is that special place where you reside which you are so affraid of showing.
Besides, by far, this place (IV forums) has intolerance towards...almost no one; in the exception of spammers/complete retards...so I can't see why you're so scared of being associated with a certain state.
I'm from Israel, the hell mound of the world, no way you can be somewhere worse (unless it's a dictatorship, like China, Korea, Iran or some really fucked up racist place like South Africa, of course, if you're white it's a really good place... :roll:).

squawk wrote:steal the mac.

Wisest words yet...not.

P.S.
Trust me, you DO NOT hate NT.
No one possibly can, being straight male or homo/bi female, hate NT.
If you were even to try your neuron pathways will burn themselves out due to the shere impossibility of it.
iGAME...on the PC
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:03 am

Gravitron wrote:I'm from Israel, the hell mound of the world, no way you can be somewhere worse

I'm fairly sure that me being in Luton wins on this description...

NeoThermic
daset
level3
level3

Postby daset » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:08 pm

Okay, mb, but I really hate the redneck stereotypes often placed upon me once they learn where I'm from. Kinda annoying, but I'll be leaving soon, so that's cool.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:13 pm

daset wrote:Okay, mb, but I really hate the redneck stereotypes often placed upon me once they learn where I'm from. Kinda annoying, but I'll be leaving soon, so that's cool.

There are certain redneck stereotypes that many people will assiciate with Wyoming. However, I don't think that they are worse than those associated with the south (Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, etc.). Hell, I grew up in the Midwest, and moved out to Elko, NV. I'm in Reno, now, which does not suffer from the same stereotypes, but actually suffers from those stereotyped more than any other community that I have ever lived in (our municipal leadership is made up of a bunch of ex-ranchers and high-school dropouts, near as I can tell). There's nothing wrong with Wyoming, especially when you compare it to some of the places in Utah (Provo... *shudder*).

xander
vooshy
level2
level2

Postby vooshy » Mon May 01, 2006 12:04 am

daset wrote:Okay, mb, but I really hate the redneck stereotypes often placed upon me once they learn where I'm from. Kinda annoying, but I'll be leaving soon, so that's cool.

Dont worry we dont stereotype, your classed as daset and only daset here. :wink:
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon May 01, 2006 12:17 am

vooshy wrote:

Dont worry we dont stereotype, your classed as daset and only daset here. :wink:

As per. What your character online is built from is not your location, your race, your beliefs. The only thing here that matters is how you conduct your self and your posts on these forums. If you type reasonablly well, and project decent non-stupid ideas, we will assume your character is decent and non-stupid as well. The odd typo doesn't matter, neither does the odd mispelling, but if you "typ lke ur msng lttrs n ur kbd", we will kill you.

NeoThermic
Gravitron
level3
level3

Postby Gravitron » Mon May 01, 2006 1:14 pm

But rednecks are cool!
My favorite RvB character is Sarge. :P

Seriously, though, it really doesn't matter to us.
Infact, I have cousins in Texas, does it imply any wrong on them or me?
They're very nice, decent, intelligent and fun people.
Albeit conservative for my taste, but that goes with the territory.

Why leave? Please, stay...dirtbag! :D (was quoting Sarge, no offense!)
iGAME...on the PC

Return to “General”