level2
level2

Postby Bas » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:08 pm

Meh, guess I'll just wait until Friday.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:57 pm

Hoxe wrote:Bah. I just hope I can nuke the hell out of you next friday, thats all

Hell, yeah.
John845
level1
level1

Postby John845 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:47 am

This leak is extremely easy to find.. Anyways. I played it.. still buying it, its amazing.
ne0ne
level0

Postby ne0ne » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:25 am

John845 wrote:This leak is extremely easy to find.. Anyways. I played it.. still buying it, its amazing.

aren`t you worried you could be banned after purchase?
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:40 am

ne0ne wrote:
John845 wrote:This leak is extremely easy to find.. Anyways. I played it.. still buying it, its amazing.

aren`t you worried you could be banned after purchase?

Thats not a risk im willing to take. I think I can wait 4 days 9 hours and 19 minutes and 00 seconds
entvex
level0

Postby entvex » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:45 am

if they are baning the buys its really bad for the company if they get ban im not sure thery wil buy other games from Introversion but im not on the dev not im just saying what i think if they start baning all the player WHo played the "Demo" and the are think hell yeah its rocks!!! and hey buy it then when the buy it and are happy they get a game they can play any more i can only say look at the Musik on p2p networks some of the artists was unknown to start with but when people get there hands on musik and hear it and think yeah thats good shit and people hey do you know defcon or 3 doors down ? more people get to know the stuff and there are a cpmpany called Introversion that makes good games good games = more buys

welcom to the internet

but its only my ponit of view
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:45 am

I shan't point out the bleeding obvious then...

*cough*dynamicip*coughcoughocugho*firewall*cuoghcoughocough*
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:17 am

MrBunsy wrote:I shan't point out the bleeding obvious then...

*cough*dynamicip*coughcoughocugho*firewall*cuoghcoughocough*

Im sorry, I cant see what thats about explain please?
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:23 am

Firstly, most ISPs connect people to the internet with a dynamic IP. Most people don't seem to know this, thus threatening to ban an IP seems like a big threat, but simply reboot your modem and blam, a new IP for you, ban avoided! And theorically some poor sod on the same ISP banned for no reason. (does anyone know if you can ban mac-addresses online? They're harder to change than IPs)

Secondly, simply don't let defcon through your firewall and it can't even communicate to the metaserver to get detected, let alone banned.

In other words, play the review copy offline and it shouldn't be able to stop you from buying the real defcon and playing that online. However, it's still a stupid idea, because it's still illegal.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:29 am

MrBunsy wrote:Firstly, most ISPs connect people to the internet with a dynamic IP. Most people don't seem to know this, thus threatening to ban an IP seems like a big threat, but simply reboot your modem and blam, a new IP for you, ban avoided! And theorically some poor sod on the same ISP banned for no reason. (does anyone know if you can ban mac-addresses online? They're harder to change than IPs)

Secondly, simply don't let defcon through your firewall and it can't even communicate to the metaserver to get detected, let alone banned.

In other words, play the review copy offline and it shouldn't be able to stop you from buying the real defcon and playing that online. However, it's still a stupid idea, because it's still illegal.

ahh yes. But I heard somewhere that the IP gets reset on a time basis and you have to reset your modem during the time.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:42 am

Varies from ISP to ISP I think, mine never seems to change (just as well, since I host my own website), but I do know someone who's IP changes everytime they reset their router. Causes havoc for his website :)
Enerccio
level1
level1

Postby Enerccio » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:05 am

And also why should Introverion ban users who play leaked version?
When someone plays leaked version, nothing is happend, he cannot and will not be able to join the multyplayer and this game is primary multyplayer so whet the hell is wrong if someone plays the leasked version - introversion could just make it like demo.
Also i think the demo will be the same as original only without multyplayer.
But only my side of vwiev...
8)

PS: Also IV could give more emoticons here - not only PHPBB2 basic set :? :(
Defcon and Uplink rules! lol
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:06 pm

Enerccio wrote:PS: Also IV could give more emoticons here - not only PHPBB2 basic set :? :(

I think the basic set does fine. What would you like to see?

NeoThermic
Bas
level2
level2

Postby Bas » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:35 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
Enerccio wrote:PS: Also IV could give more emoticons here - not only PHPBB2 basic set :? :(

I think the basic set does fine. What would you like to see?

NeoThermic

Mushroom cloud.
Dave2
level4
level4

Postby Dave2 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:05 pm

MrBunsy wrote:(does anyone know if you can ban mac-addresses online? They're harder to change than IPs)

MAC addresses are only available before the first hop (i.e. in the local hubbed/switched network); they aren't sent any further.
Don't think about The Game.

Return to “General”