Forum Sig

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:58 pm

kikinchaz wrote:Ahhh i did my own research on this. Firefox appears to resize the images, i prosume you are using firefox. I use IE7 - much better imo :P

Firefox resizes the image because we are using the max-width and max-height CSS2 properties. IE can't handle CSS2 enough to obey them, so IE is actually in the wrong here, another good reason why not to use IE.

NeoThermic
FinnG
level3
level3

Postby FinnG » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Any feature you give in IE, its pretty much guarranteed that it will be in Firefox already. If not then I would be prepared to bet a great deal of money that there is an extension does the same job.

Edit: Plus there are hundreds of thousands extensions that do things that IE users don't have at all.
Finn
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:22 pm

You know, there is a reason that FF scales the image down. It is because the webpage has told FF to scale it down. IE is ignoring that, which means that you are stretching the page for anyone who is using IE. Fortuanately for me, I am using FF on a Mac. There is no longer IE for Mac, so it isn't even an issue for me. Even Safari behaves properly. However, on behalf of IE using people on the internets, get a different avatar. Stop being an ass.

xander

Return to “General”