Beta Testing Closed?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

TehPwnage
level1
level1

Beta Testing Closed?

Postby TehPwnage » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:40 pm

Well, I was very excited to see the spike in posts in the defcon forum that happened while I was away. And then very sad to see that I had missed the chance to test Defcon.

My question is, will they ever except more testers? You know, to test.. more? :P

I assume they will, since the site didn't have any complaints about me registering for testing even though they'd already chosen 100.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Beta Testing Closed?

Postby xander » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:30 pm

TehPwnage wrote:Well, I was very excited to see the spike in posts in the defcon forum that happened while I was away. And then very sad to see that I had missed the chance to test Defcon.

My question is, will they ever except more testers? You know, to test.. more? :P

I assume they will, since the site didn't have any complaints about me registering for testing even though they'd already chosen 100.

As more testers were added to the Darwinia beta as time passed, it seems likely that more testers will be added in time. Not to mention the Linux and Mac tests. However, that is pure speculation...

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:39 pm

I might add that this is only an alpha test, so they'll probably ant some more testers for beta.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Snyyppis
level1
level1

Postby Snyyppis » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:51 pm

I would really be interested in knowing how many applications were sent averall. That way I would know what are the chances of getting rejected again (It felt so nice... You know the little scratching thing that goes around your stomach... I guess its called anger or something?).

Only kidding, dont start to hate me now.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:03 pm

Snyyppis wrote:I would really be interested in knowing how many applications were sent averall. That way I would know what are the chances of getting rejected again

There were lots of applications. (Icepick wants me to say Billions, so uh, there you go ;) ) You had the same chance as the 100 who were chosen, since it was a random selection.

I would asume that in the future more applicants might be chosen from the pool of people who were not chosen, in which case you've got 100 less people to fight with for an application.

NeoThermic
Smacklug
level1
level1

Postby Smacklug » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:11 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
Snyyppis wrote:I would really be interested in knowing how many applications were sent averall. That way I would know what are the chances of getting rejected again

There were lots of applications. (Icepick wants me to say Billions, so uh, there you go ;) ) You had the same chance as the 100 who were chosen, since it was a random selection.

I would asume that in the future more applicants might be chosen from the pool of people who were not chosen, in which case you've got 100 less people to fight with for an application.

NeoThermic

Oh darn. :(
Dru
level1
level1

Postby Dru » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:18 am

It'd be interesting to see how tablet-friendly defcon is. Nothing quite like MAD with a stroke of your pen. Especially considering the gesture interface from Darwinia. Well, perhaps in a later testing phase.

:P

--dru
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:15 am

Dru wrote:It'd be interesting to see how tablet-friendly defcon is. Nothing quite like MAD with a stroke of your pen. Especially considering the gesture interface from Darwinia. Well, perhaps in a later testing phase.

:P

--dru

If your pen has right click as well as left click, I see no reason why not. Other than that, I can't say or tell :)

NeoThermic
Dru
level1
level1

Postby Dru » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:58 pm

Dang, Looks like I'll have to invest in a Cross tablet pen finally. Toshiba is crazy and only has left on their pens. Either that or map my tablet joystick to right-click.

Something to test, wheee.

--dru
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:42 pm

Dru wrote:Dang, Looks like I'll have to invest in a Cross tablet pen finally. Toshiba is crazy and only has left on their pens. Either that or map my tablet joystick to right-click.

Something to test, wheee.

--dru

You might be lucky in the sense that if this game gets a mac release, something will have to be done about the mac users with singular buttoned mice. Darwinia had the option to tell the game you only had a OBM, so Defcon could potentially have the same thing.

NeoThermic

Return to “General”