German Players

Postby SS25_Launcher » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:41 am

First one here

looking forward for a 24h game on work *g
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:50 am

Was zum Teufel will uns dieser Thread sagen?
Krieger43
level0

Postby Krieger43 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:11 am

Weiß der Geier...ich bezweifle ja, dass Defcon es durch unsere Firewall schafft.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Re: German Players

Postby Rkiver » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:13 am

SS25_Launcher wrote:First one here

looking forward for a 24h game on work *g

You aren't the first one here by a long shot, Ebola is around far longer then you are.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:49 pm

Krieger43 wrote:Weiß der Geier...ich bezweifle ja, dass Defcon es durch unsere Firewall schafft.

google SSH tunnel ;-)
Michaeru
level1
level1

Postby Michaeru » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:54 pm

Deutsche Threads in ansonsten englischen Foren find ich immer enorm seltsam ...
Sfighrath
level1
level1

Postby Sfighrath » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:23 pm

Heh, the German are good solders. I respect you. But I cannot understand - why so powerfull nation are feared by the USA? You can fight alone... At the end - do not attack Russia. We can be friends and destoy all other world.
W31RD0
level3
level3

Postby W31RD0 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:10 pm

suddenly, I realize how bad, I am at German. maybe that's why I failed it, at my exams. :roll:
It is great that war is so terrible... Otherwise, we may get to fond of it...
Quote from the WWII game "Call of Duty"...
Leonaken
level3
level3

Postby Leonaken » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:37 pm

Sfighrath wrote:Heh, the German are good solders. I respect you. But I cannot understand - why so powerfull nation are feared by the USA? You can fight alone... At the end - do not attack Russia. We can be friends and destoy all other world.

What the f-
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:21 pm

Leonaken wrote:
Sfighrath wrote:Heh, the German are good solders. I respect you. But I cannot understand - why so powerfull nation are feared by the USA? You can fight alone... At the end - do not attack Russia. We can be friends and destoy all other world.

What the f-

Exactly.
Listen, folks: the nazi-time is now 60 years over. My grandfather was too young to be drafted. I have no living relative that has a connection whatsoever to the nazis. We Germans are not proud of that time or the "achievements" we (better: they) had. We are anti-militaristic and not keen on world-domination. Making compliments about good soldiers is almost considered an insult towards germany.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:25 pm

alphager wrote:Exactly.
Listen, folks: the nazi-time is now 60 years over. My grandfather was too young to be drafted. I have no living relative that has a connection whatsoever to the nazis. We Germans are not proud of that time or the "achievements" we (better: they) had. We are anti-militaristic and not keen on world-domination. Making compliments about good soldiers is almost considered an insult towards germany.

If I were part of a hidden nazi organization that is exactly what I would say. :wink:
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
AliMente
level1
level1

Postby AliMente » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:21 pm

Lasst uns hier jetzt mal keine politischen Diskussionen anschneiden, das machen schon genug Leute. Ich bin hier um zu zocken. Aber wen es interessiert: http://www.n-tv.de/653541.html

Please don't start political discussions. There are enough people discussing about how to behave as a german, and I don't want to join in. At least we've learned to make fun of Hitler, an important step.

By the way:
Adolf Hitler is speeding through Germany with his chauffeur at the wheel on his way to an important address.
Driving down a country road, the chauffeur (who is distracted, looking out the window at the countryside) doesn't see a pig walk out onto the road, and he hits in with the car.

Stopping the car, he jumps out, and Adolf climbs out also to see what is going on. The chauffeur, very distressed by what he's done asks Hitler what they should do, and Hitler tells him impatiently that they're in a hurry and they should move the pig to the side of the road and go to the address and worry about it later.

All the way to the address the chauffeur, who is a fairly good-hearted person despite his employer, is worried about the family who owned the pig and wondered how they'd react to discovering the pig, so when they arrived he asked Hitler whether he shouldn't drive back to the farm and let them know what happened.

Hitler agrees before hurrying to the podium, and the Chauffeur hurries back down the road.

Four hours later, stumbling down the road, his arms full of sausage and bread and his breath smelling of liquor.

Hitler in a rage demands to know what has happened to him, and the chauffeur explains, "I did what I thought was right. I went to the farm where I killed the pig. When I went and knocked on the door and gave them the news, they gave me this sausage and bread, fed me the best ale I've ever tasted and let me have their way with their beautiful nubile young daughter and then sent me on my way."

Adolf seemed confused by this and asks his chauffeur, "well what exactly did you tell them?"

To which the chauffeur replied "I really can't understand it either, all I did was tell them "I'm Hitler's Chauffeur, and I killed the pig."
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:35 pm

Where I work, you would be handed a scarf for telling jokes that bad.

alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:46 pm

Montyphy wrote:Where I work, you would be handed a scarf for telling jokes that bad.

Could you explain that metaphor?

Yup, Germans are extremely picky about being associated with the 3rd Reich. And rightly so.

Apropos bad jokes:
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid= ... 0736465617
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:49 pm

alphager wrote:Could you explain that metaphor?

Its not a metaphor, just a statement. Where I work is a person reknown for always wearing a scarf and telling appalling jokes, thus, if someone ever makes a joke as bad as his he either offers them his scarf (if he is present) or someone will say something about getting Scarfman's scarf (if he is not present).

Return to “General”