24 Hour Day of Defcon!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

UsF
level1
level1

Postby UsF » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:52 am

Woohoo. 24 the movie...of defcon...

Someone has to clean up his HDD and use Fraps to make a 24hour movie of defcon.

Maybe someone will also make a fanmovie remake of wargames, where at the end (or all the time?) see the computer playing defcon and swearing (a shortmovie of course).

Wow you guys had good lan parties. But you should have all sticked to settlers2 splitscreen.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:52 am

alphager wrote:
xander wrote:You kids. You think you have it so hard. When I was your age, we had to walk to LAN parties, through the snow! Most of the time, the party was more than 10 miles away, and our computers were heavy. We might make two or three trips to get all of the pieces. And, because we had to walk so far, our shoes wore out! We had to wear boxes on our feet! By the time we got our LANs set up, we might have time for one game of tic-tac-toe before we had to carry our shit home. And we had to carry our IP packets by hand.

xander

You kids these days. We used to dream about IP packets! When I was your age, we had no "LAN parties"; we had Null-modem-cable parties. We had to carry our stuff uphill both ways, only to be attacked by bears along the way. Once there, we had to solder the cables together.

Reminds me of the Four Yorkshiremen sketch :D
BoKeRoN
level1
level1

Postby BoKeRoN » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:02 pm

alphager wrote:
xander wrote:You kids. You think you have it so hard. When I was your age, we had to walk to LAN parties, through the snow! Most of the time, the party was more than 10 miles away, and our computers were heavy. We might make two or three trips to get all of the pieces. And, because we had to walk so far, our shoes wore out! We had to wear boxes on our feet! By the time we got our LANs set up, we might have time for one game of tic-tac-toe before we had to carry our shit home. And we had to carry our IP packets by hand.

xander

You kids these days. We used to dream about IP packets! When I was your age, we had no "LAN parties"; we had Null-modem-cable parties. We had to carry our stuff uphill both ways, only to be attacked by bears along the way. Once there, we had to solder the cables together.

Oh, yes... And in Spain, we have to carry our computers on our donkeys, and make a trip of about two days through the mountains, fighting with the thieves and hermits just to arrive to the city and use the power generators activated with pedals... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:15 pm

BoKeRoN wrote:
alphager wrote:

xander

Oh, yes... And in Spain, we have to carry our computers on our donkeys, and make a trip of about two days through the mountains, fighting with the thieves and hermits just to arrive to the city and use the power generators activated with pedals... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You had donkeys!? Son, when I was a child, we would use the family cat. Now, cats aren't that big, and they tend to scratch. If you think thieves are bad, you should see some of the scars I have from Mittens! As for pedals, those weren't even invented until ought-nine. Before that, we had to crack the generator by hand. We would often lose power in the middle of a match, when the handle fell out of the generator!

xander
BoKeRoN
level1
level1

Postby BoKeRoN » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:38 pm

xander[/quote]
you should see some of the scars I have from Mittens!... xander[/quote]

what kind of thing is a Mitten? (again, sorry about my english...)

:roll:
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:41 pm

Its a name. A name for his cat.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
BoKeRoN
level1
level1

Postby BoKeRoN » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:44 pm

Montyphy wrote:Its a name. A name for his cat.

Ouch! i hate when i look like a stupid... :oops:
DrDemento
level2
level2

Postby DrDemento » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:52 pm

Kittens called Mitens, eh? Well I've got a bet on that DEFCON... *BOOM*

*Unpleasantness avoided - TFI Global Thermonuclear War*
Cobac
level1
level1

Postby Cobac » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:17 pm

IM GONA PLAY THE GAME 25 HOURS hopfely my mother wont KILL me but HOW MUCH IT IT GONA BE THE GAME AND BOXED :?:
alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:39 pm

Cobac wrote:IM GONA PLAY THE GAME 25 HOURS hopfely my mother wont KILL me but HOW MUCH IT IT GONA BE THE GAME AND BOXED :?:

You need to STOP SCREAMING!

And use the damn search!
orangesplit
level0

Postby orangesplit » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:11 pm

Maybe we'll play one long real time game of defcon.

apart from that Steam ownz j00!
orangesplit
level0

Postby orangesplit » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:16 pm

BoKeRoN wrote:
alphager wrote:

xander

Oh and In Israel we just play at home without carrying anything anywhere cause if we do we get bombed (at least if you live in the north)
But we do have to carry some IP packets by hand when the infastructre gets hit (and we also have to run generators by hand when this happens while fending off ravenous beasts and terorists)

It's also 40 dgrees centigrade out here.
AliMente
level1
level1

Postby AliMente » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:36 pm

In Germany, we are not allowed to own PC's. It's said that we could use them to start a new war. Every time I want to post a reply in the forum, I have to write a letter and send it to France, where they are typed into computers. And if I want to read the answers, I have to send a request for some prints of the page. That's why I need so much time to reply.
Show me your nuke and I tell you who you are
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:12 pm

AliMente wrote:In Germany, we are not allowed to own PC's. It's said that we could use them to start a new war. Every time I want to post a reply in the forum, I have to write a letter and send it to France, where they are typed into computers. And if I want to read the answers, I have to send a request for some prints of the page. That's why I need so much time to reply.

I envy you.

I have to send my letters to England.

Geh, I feel dirty, in an entirely non-sexual way.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Ahtykk
level3
level3

Postby Ahtykk » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:27 am

I've been suspended from school for something I didn't do...
So I'll be free all this week...
And that concludes that...I'm In

Return to “General”