Defcon videos at eurogamer

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Kron0
level1
level1

Postby Kron0 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:56 pm

Avenged wrote:Im done now, seems youve just carried it on however, so im gonna aim all of my fury at you from now on :)

YAY. *Hugs the comming storm*

Avenged wrote:Well i am british and a stern letter he shall recieve. If my "momey" will let me of course.

Also I am british too, so will file your stern letter for later review.
(The use of the word "momey" was 'cos it was a quote from scrubs, and it sounds funnier in americanlish)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:59 pm

Kron0 wrote:americanlish

Excuse me, sir, but that language that we speak is "Americaneese," not "Americanlish." Please, before you post, check your facts.

xander
Kron0
level1
level1

Postby Kron0 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:02 pm

xander wrote:

Excuse me, sir, but that language that we speak is "Americaneese," not "Americanlish." Please, before you post, check your facts.

xander

Americaneese would imply a bastardization of chinese (or possibly cheese) as opposed to a bastardization of english though
Last edited by Kron0 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:08 pm

xander wrote:

xander

Really? I thought it was Bastardized[sic] English? ;)

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:36 pm

Kron0 wrote:Americaneese would imply a bastardization of chinese (or possibly cheese) as opposed to a bastardization of english though

NeoThermic wrote:Really? I thought it was Bastardized[sic] English? ;)

NeoThermic

It is a bastardisation of English. However, language names are generally an adjectivization of the nation / geographical region where the language is spoken. English is spoken by people who are (ostensibly) from England. German is spoken by people from Germany. Japanese is spoken by people from Japan. Spainish is spoken by people from Spain. And so on. If we wished to use the "ish" ending to adjectivize "America", then the proper adjective / name of our language should be "Americanish" or possibly "Americish."

xander
Avenged
level2
level2

Postby Avenged » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:03 pm

You missed one, Indian is spoken by people from England.

Although only in the last 10 years :-)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:20 pm

Avenged wrote:You missed one, Indian is spoken by people from England.

Although only in the last 10 years :-)

Yes, but the language was named after India, which is where people that speak Indian actually come from. More accurately still, the languages that comprise the Indian Language Group originate in India -- there is no one Indian language.

xander
Avenged
level2
level2

Postby Avenged » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:43 am

Hehe, i didnt expect u to get that one. Unless you live here you wouldnt have gotten the truth in what ive just said. We are being invaded from the inside out. Sneaky buggers.

Id love to build a christian church in beruit or bagdad or any middle east county to be honest, it would be just the funniest breaking news ever.

England will soon be called Indland. Im sure of it.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:49 am

Avenged wrote:Hehe, i didnt expect u to get that one. Unless you live here you wouldnt have gotten the truth in what ive just said. We are being invaded from the inside out. Sneaky buggers.

Id love to build a christian church in beruit or bagdad or any middle east county to be honest, it would be just the funniest breaking news ever.

Are you by any chance racist?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Avenged
level2
level2

Postby Avenged » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:55 am

No, but my Avatar is :D
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:49 am

How is Bobba/Jango racist?

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Kron0
level1
level1

Postby Kron0 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:31 pm

Avenged wrote:Hehe, i didnt expect u to get that one. Unless you live here you wouldnt have gotten the truth in what ive just said. We are being invaded from the inside out. Sneaky buggers.

yay. xenophobia.....

Seriously dude.. what the hell.
I love going to places like london and enjoy the fact that its so multicultural, I think it helps that we have so much diversity.

But if your not from UK there are some parts of the UK with high indian population, (*ahem*birmingham*cough*) also parts with high afro carribean populations too.

Oh and Christians can go get stuffed, at least the Muslims/Hindus/Seihks/Jews/<insert minority here> actually have dedication to their faith IMHO (this comes from my experiance with english christians and I may be wrong about the bible bashers across the pond). Although COE are funny, according to them, christ was English...

Sorry. Bit of a tangent, and I thing Avenged only meant it as a joke but the attitude really grates me up.

<edit> fixed spelling and made it a bit clearer
Last edited by Kron0 on Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dondarm
level1
level1

Postby dondarm » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:43 pm

Why do you want to build a church in a middle east country? As ar as I know there are quite a lot christians in the middle east.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:44 pm

Kron0 wrote:But if your not from UK there are some parts with high indian population, (*ahem*bermingham*cough* also parts with high afro carribean populations too.

Birmingham isn't part of the UK?

Kron0 wrote:Although COE are funny, according to them, christ was English...

What church have you been going to? I've never heard CoE claim Christ was English. I did however read a Chruch of LDS book once and learnt they believe Jesus visited America while he was alive, which I always felt was impressive considering no one else (save the American locals) knew the place existed.

Kron0 wrote:Sorry. Bit of a tangent, and I thing Avenged only meant it as a joke but the attitude really grates me up.

I wouldn't be so sure, he's made similar comments that made me think he was racist/xenophobic
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:52 pm

Montyphy wrote:I did however read a Chruch of LDS book once and learnt they believe Jesus visited America while he was alive...

I could be wrong on this, but I think the LDS believe that Jebus made his US tour after he died and then un-died.

xander

Return to “General”