As usual, download the windows patch
, linux patch
or linux patch with installer
View the full changelog here
The windows demo
, linux demo
, if you hit a crash, please report the relevant part of the ~/.uplink/debug.log file, please also report the distro you are using. All testing was done on Ubuntu 6.06 .
There was some major changes in this patch, please test.
- Fixed : Crashes with invalid floating point operations.
- Fixed : Problem on Linux with .dat files directly in Uplink directory and not in the lib/ sub directory. (Happen when upgrading from some older version of Uplink to a newer version)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having invalid location. (check the debug.log to see the warnings)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having invalid links. (check the debug.log to see the warnings)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having modems without phone number.
- Fixed : Crashes with PasswordBreaker/DictionaryHacker if their target screen isn't there anymore.
- Fixed : Crashes with tasks if their interface isn't there anymore.
- Added : A code card (codecard.txt) to the online download version of Uplink.
- Added : Software rendering option to the Windows version of Uplink. Also change to software rendering if the game crash during OpenGL initialization.
- Added : Show Bank IP on the Finance interface.
- Changed : Steam Authentication is now done with the help of a external DLL, this should permit new MODs to work with Steam.
- Changed : Much better error handling on Linux and some minor tweaks to error handling on Windows.
- Changed : Loading a corrupted saved game (agent) should now show a message box instead of crashing.