thojas
level0

Postby thojas » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 pm

yes on multiplayer/coop
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Jackdapantyrip wrote:I vote yes on Multiplayer. A sports sim with an in game currency/prisoners and betting

You can still have a single player experience..
I still cringe every time you say that... And I still have no idea what your thoughts look like. Meet The Pyro comes to mind.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:53 am

I think he works for EA
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:24 pm

NeatNit wrote:
Jackdapantyrip wrote:I vote yes on Multiplayer. A sports sim with an in game currency/prisoners and betting

You can still have a single player experience..
I still cringe every time you say that... And I still have no idea what your thoughts look like. Meet The Pyro comes to mind.

I thought we weren't supposed to respond to him when he posts this nonsense.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:28 pm

paktsardines wrote:I think he works for EA

I think he is Jordy...'s most recent attempt to not get recognized and/or instabanned, and that he is intentionally trolling.

xander
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:26 am

xander wrote:
paktsardines wrote:I think he works for EA

I think he is Jordy...'s most recent attempt to not get recognized and/or instabanned, and that he is intentionally trolling.

xander

Well I think you're close minded and I'm a 100% serious about a prison sports sim. Prisons are already an industrial complex why not have sports involved..
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:48 am

Code: Select all

and that he is intentionally trolling

Yep, I'm convinced.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:03 am

Was Jordy banned last time? I remember not...
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:45 am

NeatNit wrote:Was Jordy banned last time? I remember not...

No he left because of the condescending cynicism. At least he entertained ideas even if they weren't great to help people build their thoughts.. If you embrace discussion, sometimes other ideas prosper through it..

This is the same reason tf2 introduced hats.. Some people thought it was a terrible idea.. (Myself; I thought it would take away from the gameplay initially) But the beauty of it was it enabled valve to direct more resources to tf2.. and build a better game..
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:13 am

If you embrace discussion, sometimes other ideas prosper through it

Well, I'll be damned, you're right... Prisoner hats!
julianschiavo123senior
level1
level1

Postby julianschiavo123senior » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:04 am

Yes Multiplayer! :D
maartenarchitect
level0

Re: Prison architect - MULTIPLAYER!

Postby maartenarchitect » Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Wo wo wo Guys Guys He has a point i mean there are alot of prison minigames out ther like cops and robbers maybe they could add minigames menu and then cops and robbers idea?
fieldmouse
level0

Postby fieldmouse » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:18 pm

There are alot of anti-social people here it seems ^^
I see no reason what so ever why prison architect shouldnt have multiplayer support.. Its basically what Im waiting for =) Ive already bought it, cause its a great game. But playing alone is.. well.. lonely and sad =P
I wanna play this game with my friends =) You know, help each other build the ultimate prison! Theres a bunch of micro management in this game so theres plenty to do =)
A more advanced game mode would be some kind of competative game where you have one prison each. But a simple coop, sharing all resources, building on the same prison would be enough to satisfy my urges to play this game =D
Its just.. playing a game by myself when I could be sharing the fun with friends.. Thats just sad ^^
Of course, some people are the happiest when they are alone. Let them play single player =) For everyone else who likes to talk to other people, teamwork and all that jazz, let us play together? =)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:50 pm

fieldmouse wrote:I see no reason what so ever why prison architect shouldnt have multiplayer support..

I can think of several: the complexity of writing the network code; the difficulty of developing game modes that don't feel tacked on; the inevitable decline in the single player game as development time is spent focusing on multiplayer features; the problem of maintaining a large enough base of players to keep the multiplayer game active and worthwhile; the inevitable delays due to redesigning the game from the ground up in order to provide a multiplayer experience; &c. Not to mention the previously highlighted petty vindictiveness that multiplayer games seem to breed.

Prison Architect has been built from the ground up as a single player game. IV have previously tried to tack a multiplayer mode onto a preexisting single player game (see: Multiwinia). While I personally think that the result was fantastic, Multiwinia failed to sell well and it has been virtually impossible to find people to fill a game since about 6 months after it was released.

xander
Dajmin
level1
level1

Postby Dajmin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:55 am

And on top of that - what multiplayer features would you want anyway?

Creating with friends? So all of your prisoners escape when one of you makes the group run out of cash while building a wall? It could be funny for a couple of hours (and YouTube bait) but that's it.

Multiple prison neighbourhoods? Firstly, how many times do you get a bunch of prisons in the same local area? And why would prisoners transfer between them anyway? You could argue one person could take maxsec, the other minsec, etc. But that's boring and would result in a huge cash imbalance. The ability to communicate while you play what's essentially a single player experience? Use Skype or Steam or Xfire or something.

The only multiplayer experience I think might work is asynchronous, like a high score table. With the Grading system, it would be possible to work out a rating that takes into account stuff like prisoner type and count, time played, reoffending rates, prison value, etc and let you upload your score to see how you compare with the rest of the world. That's it.

Return to “General”