Plz building help!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

pois0napple
level0

Plz building help!

Postby pois0napple » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:09 am

Hey, first of all i can't acess the wiki cause my friend who actually bought the game gave it to my from his usb, and now for my questions.

1. random boxes I can't move. After i dismantled a large jail door theres this box that says "BOX Contains: Large Jail Door" How do I get rid of this thingy? it's really annoying and when i click on my worker he just walks over to it and goes away. I tried all the remove things (the pictures with the bulldozer on it) and i can't seem to get it to go away.

2. Same as above, just instead of boxes its stacks. "STACK Contains:(material doesn't matter)" Tried everything. I turned it into garbage but it still won't go away. My workers just won't carry it, but sometimes they'll just randomly take it away.

3. How do i get rid of rooms and foundations? So i was making a foundation but i realized there wasn't enough space, so I cancelled it in mid build, and now there's just an ugly pile of debris with an office room in the middle that i can't remove. How do I get rid of an empty space with office written over it? I don't think there's a tool to remove rooms.

Thanks if for helping. Also a video would be nice
You call it a prison. I call it home. >:D
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:36 am

Unless you're friend gives you his username/password or you buy a package which gives access to the dev wiki you cannot use it.

1). Try right-clicking it, this will remove any order ques and should get your workers to build it.

2). ^

3). If you wish to remove a room click the panel you used to access the button for office and right-click dragging it over the area you want dezoned.
Last edited by christopher1006 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:11 am

Boxes containing dismantled objects as well as garbage or leftover stacks of brick will get picked up by your workmen and brought to the "Storage" room once you have one. It might take them a while to detect the item, just be patient. To remove the half-finished foundation, use the bulldoze tool that can be found next to the foundations tool. To remove the room, do as christopher1006 said.

Also, consider buying the game yourself, you'll not only get access to the wiki but to the developers forum as well, which has much more topics of interest in my opinion. Plus, you're helping Introversion to finish the game by buying it.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
drakfire
level0

annoying boxes on my stuff argh

Postby drakfire » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Same problem but removing the room designation and or demolition didn't solve it. Tried throwing a "garbage" designation over the confuddled boxes and when the garbage truck showed up they disappeared. Don't forget to take it off if you dont like bags of garbage in their place.
cmonkey :(I)
Sildaekar
level2
level2

Re: Plz building help!

Postby Sildaekar » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:31 pm

pois0napple wrote:Hey, first of all i can't acess the wiki cause my friend who actually bought the game gave it to my from his usb, and now for my questions.

Buy the game, piracy is bad.
lunaticneko
level2
level2

Postby lunaticneko » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:02 pm

I don't know why, but I somehow felt we shouldn't have given an answer.
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Come on, legitimate PA players! DON'T RESPOND TO HELP REQUESTS IN THE GENERAL FORUMS! Just redirect them to the dev forum to root out piracy!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:27 am

I can't believe that I am about to suggest this, given that my opinion on the matter can easily be summarized by the following:

...but, perhaps there should be a PA alpha badge for those that have bought in early?

xander
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:51 am

Which reminds me, badges for PA seem to be missing entirely...
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:21 am

Seriously...just BUY the game. Piracy is theft.
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:17 pm

I don't want to get into this argument, and I would like it known that I do not pirate games, do not pirate movies and do not pirate music. But piracy is not as bad as theft. For all the obvious reasons, the biggest being manufacturing costs.

Return to “General”