Various questions (NOT a bug report!)

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

LittleEricPKT
level1
level1

Various questions (NOT a bug report!)

Postby LittleEricPKT » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Guys, I love you all but please post your bug reports in the Developer subforum, not here, this is for game discussion.

Anyways, does anyone know of any way to satisfy Recreation other than pool tables? I can't seem to get bookshelves or either of the TVs to function as a recreational tool.

Also, I seem to have built a functional safe prison, awesome right? Wrong, it's boring. Anyone know of any tweaks I can make to increase hostility (fights) among prisoners WITHOUT adjusting the design/building itself?

Also can anyone explain the "Freedom" need and what factors in to if and how it is satisfied.

Lastly, is there any function to the Execution room and Electric Chair outside of the introduction? Assuming not yet (Alpha stage)
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:19 pm

If you're having problems with TV try using the small one, I'm still under the impression large TVs don't work (OP or someone else please correct me if I'm wrong.)

If you want more hostility I'd suggest making a strict regime which will give you some fights through the day to enjoy.

Freedom is never truly satisfied for obvious reasons but you can put it quite low with Free Time.

And no, the execution chamber has no use whatsoever in the current builds.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:04 pm

christopher1006 is right, the large TVs (along with bookshelves) do absolutely zip right now. The small TVs work like a charm though.

Also as he said, I have a small prison with a strict yard/eat/sleep regime (open showers in the yard) and I get near riot-level fights daily. There's always somebody cooling off in solitary. :)

I believe that the freedom need is related to crowding (i.e., how many people they have to push through to go do something). In the prison mentioned I have over 200 jumpsuits in a yard that's probably not quite big enough, and that need seems to go up throughout the day. If there's a better explanation of this I'd love to hear it as I was very curious too.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:50 am

I think Freedom is based on freedom of movement so something like crowding definatley would impede that.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Nelrea
level1
level1

Postby Nelrea » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:27 pm

My prisoners are homesick but they dont seem 2 be using the phones. i thought that was what they were for?
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Nelrea wrote:My prisoners are homesick but they dont seem 2 be using the phones. i thought that was what they were for?

Where are the phones? If they're in a "Common Room" area, those can be tricky to get the prisoners to use due to an apparent bug. In that case try putting some in the canteen or yard.
Nelrea
level1
level1

Postby Nelrea » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 am

Cheers Herr. that was the problem. put them in the yard now

Return to “General”