Can't zone holding cell or cell

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

xenxander
level1
level1

Can't zone holding cell or cell

Postby xenxander » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:58 pm

just as the title suggests, I can't even zone a cell. I've walled a full room with concrete walls, a cell door, and tried to zone 'holding cell' and it won't let me.

I can zone offices outside strangely, and yards (of course) but the cell option isn't letting me.

P.S:
search for this topic didn't yield anything

search words I used:
"can't designate holding cell"
"can't designate cell"
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Have you done the tutorial?
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 pm

Wrong forum. Use the developer one.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:42 pm

You need to start with a foundation otherwise it won't count as being indoors, which is a requirement of most rooms.
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 am

ronanc wrote:Wrong forum. Use the developer one.

This - There's a reason why we have it. If you can't figure out how to tie your game key to your forum account, feel free to help.

Till then - No help here.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:28 am

No help for questions that have nothing to do with bug reports or feature suggestions? What?

Do we want the bug reports to get buried beneath general questions and discussions?

There's a reason this is called the general board, guys.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:30 am

I think the general consensus is, if you've got access to the alpha forum and the wiki, most things are answered and if you're asking in general it's because you're a pirate.
xenxander
level1
level1

Postby xenxander » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 am

I am not a pirate, I just bought the damn thing; sure only the $30 package but still, it's legit. I have my very own email to prove it.

Well thank you for reminding me of the 'foundation', and yes I played the tutorial. I had merely forgot that part of it. *rolls eyes*

As this wasn't a bug report or technical issue, just a general question about a game mechanic that I had slipped on, the 'general forum' felt like the right place.

Wow, we have lots of trolls here. *shrugs* Oh well thanks for the warm reception.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:47 am

xenxander wrote:Wow, we have lots of trolls here. *shrugs* Oh well thanks for the warm reception.
Welcome to the forum! :D
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:01 am

Overly defensive.

Clearly a pirate. ;)
Last edited by Hessen on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
City Builder
level2
level2

Postby City Builder » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:19 am

Clearly this forum will soon be known as being one of the unfriendliest places to visit on the web due to a couple users that think everybody is a pirate if they post anywhere but the alpha dev forum.

What a shame. Already have a price tag that keeps some people away from the game, and now a community is starting up behind their own division lines thinking that everybody is a pirate unless proven otherwise.

Well, that was enough for me to make up my mind on the game.

Good luck IV with your elitist forum and forum members.
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:43 am

If you think this is one of the unfriendliest place online, you've not been on the internet for very long.

Nobody was seriously suggesting everyone was a pirate. If that offends you, I suggest you get a bit of a thicker skin.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 am

It's like the Uplink code card shibboleth all over again, only really idiotic.

Also,
Hessen wrote:I think the general consensus is [...] if you're asking in general it's because you're a pirate.

Clearly not a suggestion of anything of the sort. Not at all. Not a chance. Absurd. Must be reading into it too much.
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:21 am

xyzyxx wrote:No help for questions that have nothing to do with bug reports or feature suggestions? What?

Do we want the bug reports to get buried beneath general questions and discussions?

There's a reason this is called the general board, guys.

There's also a reason why the developer forum is ONLY available to people who've bought and registered the game. "Channel for members of the PA Alpha."

Feel free to assist the pirates and people who can't figure out how to register the game (not of lack of trying to help them...) - I won't however.
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 am

City Builder wrote:Clearly this forum will soon be known as being one of the unfriendliest places to visit on the web due to a couple users that think everybody is a pirate if they post anywhere but the alpha dev forum.

You'll see that most game developer forums actually require you to post tech support / bugs / build feedback and other such topics in their relevant subforums. If you can't figure out how to register your game, feel free to say so and we'll get you sorted and access to the alpha forums. :)

Return to “General”