[Tournament] Survival of the Flattest - SIGN-UP NOW!

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

The Joker
level1
level1

[Tournament] Survival of the Flattest - SIGN-UP NOW!

Postby The Joker » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:08 am

Hello everyone! I am very pleased and proud to announce that the sign ups for the 1st ever Multiwinia tournament, brought to you by Introversion Tournaments, are now open! The tournament will take place on March 11th of 2012! Sign-ups are open until March 3rd. In order to sign-up, you MUST be signed up to the forum/blog, and you need to reply to this news post with your:

- Name(First and last please, as well as the alias you will use for the tournament)
- Location(Country is fine)
- Email address
- Steam Community Profile link

⇒ Details:
This tournament’s name is the "Survival of the Flattest". The tournament will consist of 12 players split into 3 brackets(so there will be 3 matches and 1 finals match, moderated by us). The important details are:

- 4 players will face off in a 'Domination' match against eachother on the map 'The Holy Tree'
- It is every man for himself. He who owns the most spawn points or is the last man standing wins and moves on.
- The winning 3 players of the 1st round will proceed to the finals, where they will fight to the death(same rules and win conditions apply.

⇒ Rules:
- You CANNOT talk, discuss, or converse with any competitors privately. If you do talk, it MUST be in all talk. If you try to converse with players privately(we will know) you will be disqualified and banned from competing in future tournaments.
- Once the competition begins, you MUST remove your opponents(should they be on your friends list) from your friends list. No private Steam chatting is allowed.
- Show sportsmanship and comradery, but fight the good fight and let there be no mercy.
- No trash talk or profound language against other competitors - have respect for your opponent.
- Should any rules be violated, you will be warned, and if you continue to act unfavorably, the match will be stopped and you will be disqualified from the tournament.

⇒ Rewards:
All players who participate in the tournament(albeit win or lose) will be recognized on the Introversion Tournaments forum by having their name put in purple(instead of the standard white), and the champion will have their name in a gold-yellow. The champion will also receive a free copy of HALF-LIFE 2. All participants will also be recognized in our tournament archives, and your name will always be there.

There is a SECOND prize that will be awarded, but it shall remain undisclosed until the competition begins.

--------------

Well folks, sign-ups will continue until Marchy 3rd of 2012, so get going everybody! We’ll see you soon!

http://introversiontournaments.co.cc/fo ... &p=62#p62/
The Joker
level1
level1

Postby The Joker » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:11 am

Still need people! Don't miss out!
The Joker
level1
level1

Postby The Joker » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:07 am

Already have 5 participants! Come on guys, don't miss out!

http://introversiontournaments.co.cc/fo ... &p=62#p62/
Cca
level0

Postby Cca » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm

I'd like to sign up.

Andrew Auis
USA
the_orange_dude@yahoo.com
I cannot get my steam profile link at this moment because Im using my school computer. But Ill give you my account information:
User - Auios
Im also in a Multiwinia steam group

My Multiwinia name is Cca
The Joker
level1
level1

Postby The Joker » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 am

Cca wrote:I'd like to sign up.

Andrew Auis
USA
the_orange_dude@yahoo.com
I cannot get my steam profile link at this moment because Im using my school computer. But Ill give you my account information:
User - Auios
Im also in a Multiwinia steam group

My Multiwinia name is Cca

Noted, your in! Thanks!
Cca
level0

Postby Cca » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:22 pm

I have a question about the the settings.

Can you list the game settings here, and what time this will start.
And where will our public chat be?
The Joker
level1
level1

Postby The Joker » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:19 am

Cca wrote:I have a question about the the settings.

Can you list the game settings here, and what time this will start.
And where will our public chat be?

Please proceed to this link to read over the rules and guidelines(which will be edited), as it will be the primary method of communication to the general public about the competition. You will also be emailed once the sign-up period has ended, thus receiving full details, your bracket, and what time your supposed to show up to the public chat to participate in the tournament.
The Joker
level1
level1

Postby The Joker » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Tournament is over! We have a winner. We'll be hosting a DEFCON 1v1 tourney later, so don't forget to come on by.

http://introversiontournaments.co.cc/

Return to “General”