The Official Unofficial Multiwinia Ladder

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:22 pm

jelco wrote:I have no clue what you're talking about, it works fine on IE6, IE7 and IE8 for me. I suggest you either update your version of IE or try to find out whether the problem is related to something else. Screenshots would be helpful.

The mountain bit falling of has nothing to do with div positioning, that's part of the image and a remnant from when the sky didn't yet stretch out to the sides. We'll try to find a way to solve that.

Jelco
Run IE in a window and resize it slowly from the right side. Should be noticable. (apparently the maximized size on my screen does this)
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:53 pm

NeatNit, can you screenshot it for us?

(also, totally unrelated to your comment Jelco, but remember to 'pngcrush -brute' every PNG image you do output)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Seems that this happens mainly when the sky already ended and there's some black back-background part.
[size=0](Am I allowed to use this for non-beta-related stuff? :P)[/size]
Killjoy
level1
level1

Postby Killjoy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:34 pm

NeatNit wrote:Seems that this happens mainly when the sky already ended and there's some black back-background part.
(Am I allowed to use this for non-beta-related stuff? :P)

I too get that line on IE7, its not there on FF3 though.
Killjoy
level1
level1

Postby Killjoy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:17 am

Yes it's fixed... kinda, the right part needs to move left slightly, it is kinda weird but its hardly noticeable now.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:49 pm

jelco wrote:Is it fixed? I tried something, it should work if the problem is what I think it is.

Jelco
Sorry, no, it wasn't fixed. But it is definitely nitpicking that I mentioned it :P
MadMorgan
level1
level1

gamesinprogress service

Postby MadMorgan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:54 am

Hi Jelco,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a variation on gamesinprogress.php which produces either an XML or, preferably, a JSON datastructure containing the same information which is in the table.

Or if you don't mind sharing the source for gamesinprogress.php with me, I could implement the JSON version myself on my own server.

I imagine the data structure being something straight forward like this:

Code: Select all

[
   {
      server: 'NeoThermic\'s ded-BLITZ',
      mode: 'Blitzkrieg',
      map: 'The Bleak Mountains',
      players: 0,
      max: 2,
   },
   {
      server: 'MadMorgan',
      mode: 'Capture the Statue',
      map: 'Melting Pot',
      players: 3,
      max: 3,
   },
   . . .
]

Such a data service would make it possible for me and anyone else to write Firefox extensions or other web widgets which are savy to the current server list and can do stuff like, for example, filter and display any servers with (players > 0 && players < max && status == 'Waiting').

Thoughts?

~ MadMorgan
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:56 am

Why not get the information directly from Introversion, like Jelco does?
Imeanunoharm
level1
level1

Postby Imeanunoharm » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:21 am

While implementing this giant addition, I stumbled across an incredibly stupid mistake in the score script. I'm sorry to say that this is a mistake in a rather vital component of the script which has been in there from the beginning. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have had an extreme effect on the scores - the huge number of matches probably compensated for the mistake. The summary is: if you find you have shifted significantly, it's because of this fix.

My deepest apologies to the community for letting this bug go unnoticed for so long. I hope the new custom boards feature is enough to make up for it.

I've been away for a bit and thought I might check back in.

Sooooo, ummmm, *dootdedootdedoooo* there was a mistake that, from what you say here, might have had a more pronounced effect on the scores during the earlier stages of the ladder?

I accept your apology. ;) :P :)

The customs boards are really very very good though. Well done. I particularly like how you can check ladder ranks based on game type. That is cool.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:32 am

xander wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:Rickroll... Such bullshit these days... XD

We need a crash cart in here NOW! Major Cooke is suffering from a massive lack of humour! If we don't do something now, we are going to lose him!

xander

Make it 2 and then I'll be alright. Not to mention, multiwinians yelling LEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOY... JEEEEEENKIIIIIIINS after launching grenades also cheers me up.

Edit: Also, why does Cyan continue to hang around your servers?... if he's going to constantly harass people like he has been doing (I won't say who I am ingame, I change it constantly and keep my identity hidden), I seriously think he should just leave...
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:28 am

My account on the Ladder keeps getting deactivated. (It still shows up in member list)

But my password doesn't work, and when I try to recover my password. It says "User doesn't exist"

Is it because I'm not very active yet, or some other issue?
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks jelco, I'll keep you informed if this happens again.

Also good work on the site, its looking great.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Sat May 02, 2009 3:19 am

This is great jelco....The replay system is genius. I hope there isn't a daily limit to how many recordings we can watch because its study night for me :P
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat May 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Keeping things organized. :P
jelco wrote:
RabidZombie wrote:Great feature.

A few suggestions though. ;)

1) Replay request on the match page?
2) Ability to cancel your own requests on the queue?
3) Ability to set a server password when requesting?

Currently, it's pretty non-user friendly. It's not clear how to get to the replay page (News -> View Details). Perhaps add it to the nav bar?

Also, the request limit needs to be decreased if there's no queue. :P

I'm presuming this was supposed to go in the Ladder topic, but oh well. ;) I'm working on points 1 and 2, I'm not sure why 3 would be needed - a total of 5 spectators can join a replay so you shouldn't be kicked out of the game that you yourself requested. The replays are also now in the right bar, I will have to see if I can cram it in the top bar without screwing up the readability. The request limit might be decreased, but it's mostly there to prevent abuse (i.e. people spamming the queue with requests). (Please reply to this in the appropriate topic, keeps things organized. :))

Wouldn't spamming the queue not be a problem if said queue was empty? I don't see a problem to decrease the time limit when it is empty to 10, 15 minutes( the length of a game). I mean, once you have a replay going, the limit increases, and the person who put that replay there will have to wait the 30 minutes.
(I feel like I'm not making much sense in writing today. Let me know if I made myself understood)
tals
level1
level1

Postby tals » Mon May 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Late to the party here but can I just say how great your site is :) Totally bought me back into the game.

Who created the addin - the only aspect I would like to see improved is ability to join a game from it - although I suspect that is game problem as opposed to the addin. When I previously played multiwinia it would be ages before people joined now they join quickly

Great mod and web site

Tals

Return to “Mods and Maps”