Evilvinians won the day

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Grubbegrabben
level0

Evilvinians won the day

Postby Grubbegrabben » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:04 am

Hi,
In a 4-player game I happened to open an infected crate. The evilvinians took over my spawn point, then my other spawn point and eventually won the game. It was awesome. Of course I used all my retribution power-ups to help the evilvinians. Hillarious fun!

However - if I were to take the game more seriously I would have to say that the evilvinians should die after a while - they obviously have the power to screw up a good multiplayer match totally. On the other hand - it was perhaps the one match I have enjoyed te most so far...

/Grubbegrabben
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am

I did this -- I wanted to play through the entire game using retribution, so I purposely made bad choices, made units into officers and then deleted them, etc. etc. Then I opened an infection outbreak next to my single spawn, so I helped the Evilinians using Retribution. At the end of the game, there were Futurewinians, Evilinians, two out of three CPU players left (who were now on equal footing with the Evilinians and Futurewinians, despite a massive head start), and two ants nests.

Grubbegrabben, if it's the game you enjoyed the most, then why should IV change it?
Grubbegrabben
level0

Postby Grubbegrabben » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:43 pm

Well, some people are a bit more concerned by game balance and fairness and all that stuff. But then you could always tick the option to get only "basic" crates (dont know exact name) and not risk a single crate "spoiling" your chance to win... Well - I change my mind. Keep it as it is!
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:50 pm

Actually, you're exactly right. They're called "basic crates".

And thanks for changing your mind, you've given me some hope that me and xander can win against the "MW sucks, should be more hardcore" crowd.
fredthedeadhead
level1
level1

Postby fredthedeadhead » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:19 pm

I do the same. If I'm eliminated, I help any Evil/Futurewinians rather than attempt revenge.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:18 pm

I got all my 'winians to give the spawn point startup system with my officers pointing them to the middle of nowhere so they couldn't reinforce the spawn point. Also, I modified one domination map so all the empty spawn points had evilwinians at their spots, so whenever we began to deploy dark forests/triffids/soul destroyers, it's just another means for the virus/evilwinians to take over Darwinia once again... until the dark forests get set on fire, though evilwinians are immune to fire.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”