Officer control

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

evotech
level1
level1

Postby evotech » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Well, in this case you would have to press it once at the start of the game... extremely dexterous you would have to be...

People here are really hard learners
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:27 pm

evotech wrote:Well, in this case you would have to press it once at the start of the game... extremely dexterous you would have to be...

People here are really hard learners

Wait... you can't learn how to let go of shift, and we are the hard learners? You have not made a very strong argument.

For what it is worth, I believe that you can change your input prefs file so that WASD always move you at full speed. Then you don't need shift to move fast any longer, and you can use shift only when you need it. There are instructions for how to do this in one of the stickies.

xander
evotech
level1
level1

Postby evotech » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:37 pm

Whatever, i give the fuck up... idiots

I try to make a suggestion for improvement, and you guys just shun me off. thanks. ill never come here again

ANd if you read my post you will see that i actually don't have a problem with it. I just understand that some players might find it annoying to keep their finger on shift for the entire game and fuck up other controls while doing it.

Fucking attitude on you guys.. jeez.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:09 pm

We don't shun your ideas. We point out the flaws in your idea like you pointed out the flaws in using Shift.

What attitude? We're not the ones swearing, insulting regulars, getting stressed and threatening to leave and never come back.
lorant
level1
level1

Postby lorant » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:10 pm

I think that the replies in this thread are a bit hard for felixxx999 and evotech... They have a valid point, that has been brought on this forum several times before (well, once by me): the default speed feels a bit slow for some people. Therefore many people constantly hold the shift key.

There is a way to hack your controls to have full speed without holding shift, you can find it here (it's _not_ stickied):

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiw ... 1871#16679

But this is absolutely not a good "definitive" solution. Most people will never find this information, it may break future updates, and you can't slow down the speed any more.

It has been suggested before that MW lacks several basic features for a PC game, and one of these features was configurable controls. I hope IV will include these in a future patch, and IMHO it would be a really good idea to include an option to change the default movement speed.
DoubleFelix
level1
level1

Postby DoubleFelix » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:33 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Q isn't much good either. You're just giving my ring finger THREE buttons to push, oftentimes two simultaneously.

I think the idea would be to have a button that TOGGLES fast camera.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”