Latest Uplink patch for Steam Users

Discussion about the latest patch

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Rkiver, frenchfrog, JamesL

Ravenheart
level0

Postby Ravenheart » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:03 pm

I also just bought the STEAM version and would really like to see patch 1.55 published.
Anach
level1
level1

Postby Anach » Tue May 04, 2010 1:22 pm

So do we use the 1.55 beta or the 1.60 unofficial on steam versions?
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue May 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Anach wrote:So do we use the 1.55 beta or the 1.60 unofficial on steam versions?

1.60 unofficial? Are you talking about Onlink?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Melchior
level0

Postby Melchior » Wed May 12, 2010 3:52 am

Ravenheart wrote:I also just bought the STEAM version and would really like to see patch 1.55 published.

I see I'm not the only one that's waiting for updates to Uplink on steam....

EDIT::
John wrote:If you would like to try out our testing patches and are Steam user, please check back to this topic regularly because we will edit it with the most current information (like what the password is).

In order to access the latest "beta" Uplink, do the following steps:
1. Exit Steam if it is running (right click on the tray icon, Exit).
2. Windows|Run

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -beta TODAYSPASSWORD
or

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -beta TODAYSPASSWORD
if you are running Windows x64.
3. Run Uplink (you may need to update manually if you have explicitly configured it not to update automatically).

Please post any successes or problems that you have in the Bug Reports forum.

Your feedback is invaluable to us, please don't hesitate to give it!
TODAYSPASSWORD: uplink0323
Version: 1.55 Steam
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes:
VERSION 1.55

- Fixed : Crashes with invalid floating point operations.
- Fixed : Problem on Linux with .dat files directly in Uplink directory and not in the lib/ sub directory. (Happen when upgrading from some older version of Uplink to a newer version)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having invalid location. (check the debug.log to see the warnings)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having invalid links. (check the debug.log to see the warnings)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having modems without phone number.
- Fixed : Crashes with PasswordBreaker/DictionaryHacker if their target screen isn't there anymore.
- Fixed : Crashes with tasks if their interface isn't there anymore.

- Added : A code card (codecard.txt) to the online download version of Uplink.
- Added : Software rendering option to the Windows version of Uplink. Also change to software rendering if the game crash during OpenGL initialization.
- Added : Show Bank IP on the Finance interface.

- Changed : Steam Authentication is now done with the help of a external DLL, this should permit new MODs to work with Steam.
- Changed : Much better error handling on Linux and some minor tweaks to error handling on Windows.
- Changed : Loading a corrupted saved game (agent) should now show a message box instead of crashing.

ok I updated one of the PCs with the beta update YEAAA ^_^
Angel200
level0

Postby Angel200 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:45 pm

hm i don't want to make this (crap) update method for steam version

can i manually update the game to 1.55? or to the unofficial onlink 1.60 version?
Only if we love we are immortal!
malondo
level0

Postby malondo » Sat May 28, 2011 7:04 pm

This "beta" update doesn't work AFAIK.
Tried to verify game cache several times with this command line, nothing gets updated at all, it's still "1.54Steam" there.

Are the devs still alive and willing to publish this last patch to Steam? ;(

Edit: it seems to work after a while, but verifying game cache downgrade to 1.54steam. :/
ravenstar68
level0

Postby ravenstar68 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Guys

I too am surprised that after all this time uplink has never officially been updated to 1.55 on Steam.
Update does appear to work ok though, had to remember to exit first, and restart steam from command line.
Still noted that when you zoom in on the map screen the coordinates for the servers are wrong. You still have to click below and to the right of the square.
EmptySet
level1
level1

Postby EmptySet » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:19 am

I'm not having any success on getting 1.55 beta
LauraSakura
level0

Postby LauraSakura » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:39 am

I just bought this game on Steam, and am upset to find that it is impossible to play correctly on my computer due to the steam version being 1.54 and unable to update. I have a large widescreen monitor and the game is only on part of the screen and too small to read, since it doesn't appear to be working correctly with my resolution. I have not been able to force it to run in windowed mode, and I have not successfully been able to get the command line "Trick" to work at updating my game either. Please, does anyone have any ideas?
melbu
level0

Postby melbu » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:15 pm

LauraSakura wrote:I just bought this game on Steam, and am upset to find that it is impossible to play correctly on my computer due to the steam version being 1.54 and unable to update. I have a large widescreen monitor and the game is only on part of the screen and too small to read, since it doesn't appear to be working correctly with my resolution. I have not been able to force it to run in windowed mode, and I have not successfully been able to get the command line "Trick" to work at updating my game either. Please, does anyone have any ideas?

I don't know how steam works but you can find the 1.55 patch here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/otherfiles.html

If it doesn't work.. I don't use steam
EmptySet
level1
level1

Postby EmptySet » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:18 am

melbu wrote:
LauraSakura wrote:I just bought this game on Steam, and am upset to find that it is impossible to play correctly on my computer due to the steam version being 1.54 and unable to update. I have a large widescreen monitor and the game is only on part of the screen and too small to read, since it doesn't appear to be working correctly with my resolution. I have not been able to force it to run in windowed mode, and I have not successfully been able to get the command line "Trick" to work at updating my game either. Please, does anyone have any ideas?

I don't know how steam works but you can find the 1.55 patch here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/otherfiles.html

If it doesn't work.. I don't use steam

Of course it won't work. Advice given in ignorance is the least helpful. Maybe you'll give medical advice next.

However there is a command line option for playing the game in a windowed mode. Ask about it on the steam forums. Seems no one here gives two cents about Steam here(including the devs).
Hurda
level0

Postby Hurda » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Now that all Introversion-games are on sale in the Humble Bundle with Steam Keys, can we expect the Steam-version of Uplink to be properly updated to 1.55 or 1.6, please? :?
Hurda
level0

Postby Hurda » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Hello? :cry:
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Nope
Hurda
level0

Postby Hurda » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:41 pm

So I have to buy it again to get the latest patch to a game I already purchased? That's not right. :evil:

Return to “Latest Patch”