Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Do you have anyone else living in your house Feud?

When I visited my cousin he had a pretty secure-looking locker thing with a safe and what-not.

But he has kids though, so you have to be extra careful!
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:02 am

I have a couple roommates (who have their own guns), but there are no kids around here.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:58 am

Well, presuming they're versed in gun-safety and actually stick to it, you should be alright I'd imagine, but your plan for a safe sounds pretty good. \o/
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:06 am

Relevance.

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 am

Xocrates wrote:I'm not even entirely sure what your idea is, other than it sounds more and more like something a bit naive.

A game like Braid isn't simple. Keep in mind that that game took years to make and even then it's something like 2 hours long. Even considering that the engine is done, every episode needs to be written, created, and tested. The testing alone can take weeks.
Sure, you can set it so you have multiple teams working on different episodes so they're released one month apart (this is the reason Telltale usually has a different team working on each episode), but by this point it's more or less irrelevant on whether or not the game is "simple", this is the reason that AAA games can get DLC out every two or three months if they want.

The problem isn't making a game have content every month, it's making that approach sustainable. For this kind of approach to work, you need to 1) Have good enough writing that people want to keep up with the story, 2) good enough gameplay that people won't tire of it, 3) enough content per episode/low enough price that people will keep paying.

Unless we're talking about something on MMO scale, with MMO sized development teams, I cannot see this working for more than about year.
This is probably also why Telltale makes their games in "seasons": You get a self contained arc at a time and enough time between them that you won't get saturated.

To add to this, I remember IV saying at some point that it took far more time to develop the levels for Darwinia than the engine. It is far more difficult to create good content than it is to create a good engine.

xander
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:21 pm

To all those who use Facebook (I don't, but my wife does), why in the world would we care about what you eat?

[/rant]

Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:40 pm

I see why he might be popular. I'm so deafened by his screaming I can barely hear my inner-voice telling me that he sucks.

That said, who even does any of the things he's describing? Are his friends seriously that boring?
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:06 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:To all those who use Facebook (I don't, but my wife does), why in the world would we care about what you eat?

[/rant]

I'm going to post this on my facebook so people think I'm funny and interesting.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 am

If you're friends with lots of middle-aged women on Facebook you can expect lots of "what I ate at [insert meal]" and "isn't [musical instrument great!?] or "Who doesn't love tea?" status updates, with all of them responding to each other in the affirmative/discussing calorie intakes etc.

Or so I have been told. . . .
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Ah. That's my problem. None of my female friends on Facebook are over the age of 24. Out of... two.
FF
level2
level2

Postby FF » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Why in the world would we care about what you eat?

I don't use Facebook myself...
...but If I make myself a nice/fancy meal you damm well know that all those in Defcon spectator chat will know about it.

After all, when one lives alone who cares for one's domestic triumphs?
the defconites sure as hell don't, that's for sure :)
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:31 am

The only social site I use (not counting Steam) is twitter, and that was because I wanted someplace where to post my opinions on games without going for a full blog. I use it for other random stuff on occasion, but that's still my biggest use for it.

I've been quite able to avoid Facebook so far, mostly because I'm a bit anti-social by nature and therefore have very little use for it, however I fear I might have to end up joining for professional reasons.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:37 am

One week from now I'll be smack in the middle of my road trip. 36 driving hours total, plus however many it takes for food, gas, rest, etc. Phoenix to Washington DC!
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:11 pm

was awake all night and early morning in hope of getting hold of the first batch of this raspberry pi only to be greeted by error 503 :cry:
Eating without Tabasco® Sauce is like a computer without a OS.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:28 am

I didn't get a Rasberry Pi either, I'm hoping I can at least get one from either RS's batch or Farnell's next batch.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”