Western Europe Advantage - Disadvantage?

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Alagos
level1
level1

Western Europe Advantage - Disadvantage?

Postby Alagos » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:53 am

Wash do you people think? Does Western Europe really have an advantage, as it's easier to deffent, or in the small landmass actually a disadvantage, as it's easy to spy and you have REALLY limited place for your landunits.

I don't know if WE will be on advantage/disadvantage, as people get better. Any ideas on taking WE down?
Sr_Dela
level2
level2

Postby Sr_Dela » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:56 am

Well depends on who's territory it is. If the person realizes there CAN be an advantage, he/she'll use it. With multiple silos all on defend mode in such a small area it would make it quite difficult to get a successful hit with a nuke in there.
Soldant
level2
level2

Postby Soldant » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:04 pm

IMHO, the best alliance you can get is Europe and USSR. Since the majority of USSR's population density is to the west, Europe and USSR can form an incredible defence network.

Europe is only easier to defend because it is tightly packed. However, if you could disable Europe's radar sites that are far away from the dense population, you can get an advantage. A radar site only needs one hit to go out, and the silos rely on them to be effective. If you spammed nukes and crushed the radar sites you'd put Europe at a massive disadvantage. Without an early warning system any nation is in trouble. Since Europe MUST concentrate its silos since it has such a tight population density. That means they'll probably have some radar sites left without any defence at all. If you take them out the silos will rely on radar close to their location, which will reduce their ability to defend effectively. Take out the remaining radar and they're flying blind... mostly. Also there are less places to place things in Europe, so you can be pretty sure that once you find one object, you've probably found the majority of them near by.

The only way you can really win is by overwhelming the air defence, or distracting it while taking out radar sites since it takes only one nuke to take down radar, but three to kill a silo. Otherwise, wait for them to launch and fire away.
Taldier
level1
level1

Postby Taldier » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:23 am

I agree with Soldant that Europe and the USSR are the best alliance. Together they can basically own anyone. If they are not allied however they are both in a perfect position to annihilate the other. I have destroyed Europe as the USSR and vice versa, but I think both of them have a strong advantage over the Americas if they dont have to compete with each other. Really in my personal opinion I think the USSR has the greater advantage because they have a large area of territory they can use that they don't need to defend. Also Africa, South America, and Asia have the problem of their missles being shot down on route by countries they weren't even targeted at.
kneecaps
level1
level1

Postby kneecaps » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 am

However, a combined attack launched by myself (South America) and another player (North America) consisting of about 30 silo launched warheads (15 each) with the warheads timed to arrive simultaneously caused Western europe heavy losses in the order of 50 mega deaths. A generous number of warheads penetrated the defense of the six silos in ABM mode.

This was quickly followed up by a strike from the spanish costal area with a quantity of SLBMs.

Europe did not seem so tough in that instance :D
Ruges
level2
level2

Postby Ruges » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:34 am

I was playing a game with AI's today as the US. Everyone seemed to luanch at the same time. except me I keep my defenses up to protect myself. One thing I noticed was South america was getitg hit hard from asia russia and UK. (I was also getting nuked from them too) South america was nuking asia (and maybe Rusia and UK too) All the nukes where passing over the US and I noticed my silos where targeting the closets thing. It did not mater if the nuke was going to anouther country and the one next to it was going after my city.

So it is also a disadvantage to the country to have nukes pasing over it bound for anouther country.
Ruges
Guild leader of HoD
Hegemon Hog
level2
level2

Postby Hegemon Hog » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:14 pm

^^^^ At that point, you should take direct control of your silos targeting and tell them to attack X nuke. If I have the time, sometimes I'll even prioritize targeting certain nukes over others if I think I can tell what their target is.
notforsale
level1
level1

Postby notforsale » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:39 pm

Hegemon Hog wrote:prioritize targeting certain nukes over others

definately, thats what realtime is for. Doesnt take long to eyeball what really needs to be stopped.
Alternatively you can quickly flag ceasefire against a specific force if only one person is targeting you & another person has nukes sailing overhead.
Blackace
level0

Postby Blackace » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:47 pm

Europe is nothing... like any other territory, cut down enemy fleet so nothing can overload your Air Defence..

92.3 Million kills to 0.00 loss
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
kruko
level1
level1

Postby kruko » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:26 am

92.3 Million kills to 0.00 loss

against cpu in 1 vs 1 game, big deal :P

Return to “Strategic Air Command”