Subversion, make your guess!

It's all in your head

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, DTNC Vicious

MikeTheWookiee
level4
level4

Postby MikeTheWookiee » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:26 am

I watched Mission Impossible the other day (the passable film version), and it hit me - there were the guys with the laptops doing all of that 'red dot approaching your position' business, opening doors, activating lifts, setting off alarms, and generally hacking the hell out of a building management system. Surely this is what Subversion is aiming for, with the added Uplink-ness that you take on jobs off an anonymous BBS to do certain things to certain buildings from your remote access point. Hence you may not actually be in it, but other agents of yours may be (imagine how cool it would be if you got a glasses-eye-view of the action from your point-man).

It's all there - the interface is a bunch of windows rather than an fps perspective, you'll be able to fiddle with a building's component parts, the procedural stuff should give us plenty of different systems to infiltrate (rather than just names like we had in Uplink), and there's the promise that it covers aspects of the first 3 games (where darwinia fits in I've no idea, or defcon for that matter).
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:34 pm

B-U-M-P

Who won? :)
Bloody Shame
level1
level1

Postby Bloody Shame » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:37 am

My guess is that Subversion follows a story in the real world that ties together Dr. Supulva making Darwinia and jealous colleagues planting a virus in the system. Then (during the unending war in Darwinia) you play as a megacorperation who has siezed all of Dr. Supulva's work including Darwinia. You go back and fourth between the real world and Darwinia and eventually you will have to eather side with the "evil" megacorperation or side with the surviving Multiwinians still loyal to Supulva. This guess is based on the name "Subversion" being a powerup in Multiwinia that allows your Multiwinians to convert other Multiwinians. The name subversion in Multiwinia I think hints that subversion may be related to the story of Darwinia
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:20 am

Bloody Shame wrote:...Dr. Supulva...

Sepulveda. It should also be noted that Subversion (the game) was announced before Multiwinia was finished, and it is just as likely that the powerup was named after the game.

xander
Clive At Five
level1
level1

Postby Clive At Five » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Bloody Shame wrote:My guess is that Subversion follows a story in the real world that ties together Dr. Supulva making Darwinia and jealous colleagues planting a virus in the system. Then (during the unending war in Darwinia) you play as a megacorperation who has siezed all of Dr. Supulva's work including Darwinia. You go back and fourth between the real world and Darwinia and eventually you will have to eather side with the "evil" megacorperation or side with the surviving Multiwinians still loyal to Supulva.

uhhhhh...... please, no.

At most, Darwinia should appear in text only as an Easter Egg, e.g. a file on a server you happen to raid.

-Clive
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Bump cause it was mentioned by Jordy...
NeatNit
level5
level5

Re:

Postby NeatNit » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:52 pm

NeatNit wrote:Multiplayer only. One player is in a god-like control (like in Darwinia and Multiwinia) and the others are in first-person mode. The FP guys need to do missions while the god guy tries to stop them with the tools he has (control over a few NPCs, calling police etc.)

:P

B-U-M-P-!-!-!

Wii U, anyone?
xander
level5
level5

Re: Re:

Postby xander » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:30 pm

NeatNit wrote:
NeatNit wrote:Multiplayer only. One player is in a god-like control (like in Darwinia and Multiwinia) and the others are in first-person mode. The FP guys need to do missions while the god guy tries to stop them with the tools he has (control over a few NPCs, calling police etc.)

:P

B-U-M-P-!-!-!

Wii U, anyone?

I hate you sooo much right now. :\

xander
vo&
level0

Re: Subversion, make your guess!

Postby vo& » Sat May 31, 2014 12:24 pm

I don't know what gameplay subversion will be.
But I am sure it will be a procedural-generated cool game.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Subversion, make your guess!

Postby xander » Sat May 31, 2014 7:42 pm

vo& wrote:I don't know what gameplay subversion will be.
But I am sure it will be a procedural-generated cool game.

Subversion has been put on indefinite hold, and will likely never see release. Much of what Subversion might have been has been used as the foundation for Prison Architect.

xander

Return to “Subversion”